Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

CAM devices have not been detected for months...

I'm starting to regret buying my NZXT CAM more and more every day... It has been months since I have been able to control them. They are just not being detected by the software. I've reinstalled different versions of CAM way too many times and rebooted my PC, but just NOTHING helps. Yes I have the latest version 3.5.90.
I wish I had never updated from CAM 3.2 and never updated the firmware, everything worked fine in late 2016, but after that it became worse and worse and more features started disappearing.

Please tell me that there is a remedy for this disastrous software.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Exalerion shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminMax Nzxt (Admin, CAM ) responded  · 

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah about ready to throw the x62 in the trash and never deal with nzxt again. Would be nice if when i spent the 160$ i was buying a polished product not something they cant even get the software right. If only my cam would detect the x62. Shit product, with shit service imo

• Shawn Asselin (Whicker) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, CAM only detects my x62 10% of the time, constantly have to reboot or reinstall to try to get it to detect then pray my pc doesn't restart.

• Exalerion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still no luck with 3.6.6, unfortunately. The program itself may run smoothly, but my devices are still not being detected.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm now stuck in the same boat. X62 isn't being detected now, even though it was being detected 30 minutes ago before I rebooted my machine. I love how this cooler works, but CAM has been nothing but a nightmare. I don't want to scrap it, but if I can't configure my AIO, I need a better solution. I'm running the latest version 3.6.2, freshly downloaded and installed just now when it failed to detect my x62.

• ROMAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows 10 LTSB 2016 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.180625-1741), CAM 3.6.1-3.6.3 does not start in the graphical shell, only two processes hang in the task manager. There is no graphical shell !!! What just did not !!! Horror how much you have problems with the software!

• ROMAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows 10 LTSB 2016 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.180625-1741), CAM 3.6.1-3.6.2 does not start in the graphical shell, only two processes hang in the task manager. There is no graphical shell !!! What just did not !!! Horror how much you have problems with the software!

Hi Max, I just updated to 3.6.2, but still nothing is detected. When I manually click on "Detect Devices", all I see is a flash of a 0% progress bar, and then nothing happens.

• AdminMax Nzxt (Admin, CAM ) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Exalerion, thank you for getting back to us. We are currently preparing a hotfix that will be published this friday 07/20/2018 which will take care of the hardware detection, Fan Curve temperature, Settings not saving or lost, and languages not displaying correctly issues. Once it comes out, please see if this solves your detection issues.

Hello Maximo, I've tried/performed the devs' instructions, but unfortunately to no avail. The problem is still there.
        Perhaps it has something to do with the firmware of the peripherals?

Hello Exalerion, this is the response the devs gave me. Please try it and let me know if it works so I can have them proceed to fix it.

Please instruct the user to do the following:

1. Delete the file. {Installed Path}/NZXT/CAM/CAMSettings.sqlite
        2. Login with guest mode

The reason we want him to delete the local setting file and login with guest mode is that we suspect his local and cloud settings could be corrupted, so if he deletes the local file, CAM will regenerate a copy of the default settings. Since CAM will download the cloud settings whenever the user logs in, we will need him to login with guest to prevent cloud downloading.

If he can detect Hue+ and Grid+ by the steps above, then tell us what's his account and host name and we'll go ahead to delete his cloud settings as well.

thank you.

Anonymous, please try it as well.

Hello Maximo, thank you! Yes, I forgot about that as well sorry. I use the NZXT "Hue +" and "Grid+ V2" peripherals.

Kind regards

Hello Exalerion, yes, I received your email and forwarded it to the devs as well. However, in your email you do not mention which CAM peripherals you have installed either. Please let us know so we can take this into account while performing tests and try to recreate the issues you are experiencing.

Thanks.

Hi Maximo Castro, I assume you're talking to "Anonymous" right now.. Have you also received my e-mail from 4 days ago?

← Previous 1

CAM Bugs: Desktop

Feedback and Knowledge Base