Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

Ryzen 2700x

Ryzen 2700x reporting an idle temp in the 90's (C) but is really in the 30's (C). Launch day today, so just letting you know. Thanks. Had no problems with all same hardware on a 1700 before this upgrade.

121 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

so how to fix this exactly? I have same problem 100 C + Ryzen 7 2700x Crosshair VII Hero ...

• BizzyB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did you really just send people to a Dropbox link instead of updating your website download? That's shady. I don't make a habit of downloading unknown exes from Dropbox.

• Kostas Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just upgraded and it appears that the issue has been fixed. HWMonitor Package temperature (Node 0) and and CAM Temp are within 1 degree Celcius from each other.

Thanks CAM, great to see you responded quickly.

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New Version (3.5.84) seems to have fixed the issue. No other problems to report.

• Wisepds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working fine, but i can't put the name in "new profile" under fan speed setup.
        Thank for your work Eric and partners.

• Wisepds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too... 103ºC but in bios 36ºC and HWinfo....

Please Fix CAM software!!

• Ty Rymer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same problem here with R7 2700, seems that cam is displaying °F as °C. since 26°C on my cpu is exactly 79°C in CAM, and 32°C on cpu is exactly 90°C in CAM. it's a little annoying since I'm dependant on CAM for my fans due to having my build in an H700I with the smart hub...

same issue here, just change my board to ROG B350 strix and ryzen 5 2600x. on CAM it shows 86+ Celsius but in HW monitor around 25 to 35 Celsius only

• Bosske commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, Ryzen 2700x , Asus Crosshair VII Hero x470 temps showing in CAM between 90-110 degrees C, Ryzen Master showing 30-40. Please FIX!

Ryzen 5 2600, Asus Prime x470 pro, Kraken X62 cooler
        Cam software shows idle temps of 78 to 95 degrees C.
        Bios, Asus AI suite and AMD Ryzen Master all show Idle temps at 35 to 40 degrees C which is normal.
        Please fix this as is clearly a software issue. It is running fans and pump at 100 %. noise does not bother me too much but I would rather the pump not fail prematurely due to being under constant load

Same Problem, Asus x470 Pro, 2700x, CPU idle 34 celsius, cpu diode 100 celius
        enermax liqmax ii 240

aida64extreme597

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When have NZXT ever said that CAM will support the 2700x ? I made the same mistake and returned my x62 for a corsair which actually works

• Engin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. 2700x & kraken x62. Temps between 95-110 degrees C on idle. 40-50 in bios. Fix it please.

• Kerry Kobashi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More on this...

The interpretation of the AMD temperature data is left up to Microsoft who provides this temperature data to applications.

If CAM or any of the hardware monitoring applications that you use query the Microsoft Windows API to obtain temperature sensor data, then likely a fix is out there on a future Windows update.

Last week, the Linux kernel had a fix with this issue. According to their kernel version control release notes their interpretation of CPU temp sensor data is:

commit 6746c80b4ae905e71b5cdc5160212df335d1a6e1
        Author: Guenter Roeck <linux@roeck-us.net>
        Date: Tue Apr 24 06:55:55 2018 -0700

hwmon: (k10temp) Add temperature offset for Ryzen 2700X

commit 1b59788979acd230b9627276c76f6e6ba2c4709c upstream.

"Ryzen 2700X has a temperature offset of 10 degrees C. If bit 19 of the
        Temperature Control register is set, there is an additional offset of
        49 degrees C. Take this into account as well."

Looking at CAM and Ryzen Master, this seems to be the case. Just subtract 59 degrees Celcius from CAM readings and compare to Ryzen Master. In the meantime, Windows/Ryzen 2700X/CAM users have to wait for an O/S version change in the CPU kernel driver.

• Alen Agic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem, Asus x470-F Gaming, Ryzen 2700x.
        After updating BIOS to 4008 ver. CAM app showing 100C+, with 0225 BIOS there is 10c offset compared to Ryzen master.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to link fan speed to liquid temp to make an acceptable noise level and watch temps in ryzenmaster or hwmotor . Please fix the issue.

← Previous 1

CAM Bugs: Desktop

Feedback and Knowledge Base