Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

CAM Software is a Disaster - Allow Us to Bypass It

Agreed. The x52 works best once any version of CAM is uninstalled. I simply connected the fans to the mobo set to monitor CPU temp. Their speed increases properly when I use CPU-ID to bench. Those same fans (the ones that came with the x52) stay at the same speed when plugged into the x52 harness. I can only hope the pump knows when to spin faster because without CAM there's no way to control pump speed. I'd really like to connect the pump to the PUMP pinouts on the mobo. CAM is full of bugs that are never fixed. Temps and fan speeds are always wrong. CAM SOFTWARE IS INSULTING TRASH. A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IS IN ORDER HERE. nzxt needs to give the user a way to run its cooling systems directly off the appropriate mobo pinouts and bypass CAM and the firmware inside the pump housing. I'M ALWAYS AFRAID MY NEW 1950X SYSTEM WILL OVERHEAT. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. PLEASE FIX IT. In the very least, the horrid documentation doesn't even speak to whether the x52 will use safe parameters when (not if) CAM fails, which is almost all the time.

1,155 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jambo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fan settings and Kraken Lighting options Gone......Is this for real???

• Jason Bullock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cloud Servers are down for CAM and looks like people can't log in or even use guest mode. I hope everyone had decent fan settings on last night, otherwise there is no way to set them. My CPU almost cooked itself when I was gaming last night. Good thing I sit next to my PC and noticed it was getting excessively hot. I can't help but +3 votes on this idea. At the very least CAM needs to run offline by default.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i totally agree its a real pain i used my x62 for like 7 months now and i feel like i should sell it and get something not NZXT just to get over this sad CAM software.

• Øivind Rosvold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I so regret buying the Kraken, i have had nothing but trouble with this software ever since i installed it. I can't believe they can't hire 1 decent programmer to make 1 simple software solution that just controls the watercooling. Remove the overclocking shit, the disk measuring thingy, the overlay BS, everything but the cooling controller should be the base product. Lighting can be a separate product until all the bugs are squashed. Drop the rest. Having something that does not work is worse than not having anything at all. Nothing works, the calibration has never worked even once, the Load measures in idle state, so much for "Just a heads up we are going to put your system under some serious load" yeah a load of bullcrap ^^. NZXT have no idea what they are doing here.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All I can say to everyone is HA!, do not upgrade past 3.3.5 if you want something that sort of works and you can control.

NZXT break something is EVERY release without fail. Hell, look at the complete chaos with 3.6.x

It will be 3.7.x before they fix the fan controls again but I belive they will break many more things by then.

***not a flame, just experience***

• ROMAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CAM 3.6.4. The checkboxes of channel 1 and channel 2 are not saved.
        DPC Latancy is growing very much, it's problematic to play network action games with such a delay over 4000!
        Please make optional backlight illumination and enable / disable reading of diagnostic data, speed of coolers, temperatures, etc.

For the quick launch of CAM, thanks a lot.

https://youtu.be/Bgy5HWbjUjs

• ROMAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows 10 LTSB 2016 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.180625-1741), CAM 3.6.1-3.6.3 does not start in the graphical shell, only two processes hang in the task manager. There is no graphical shell !!! What just did not !!! Horror how much you have problems with the software!
        Only two processes CAM in the dispatcher hang and all. The graphical shell does not run through any "exe".
        3.5.9 version it's work.
        The icon on the control panel does not appear.

https://youtu.be/mmguxy9wmug

• Mr. SourPatchMan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like there is a good amount of support for this, I can't wait for NZXT to do absolutely nothing about it.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately I have the X62, don't think there is a viable alternative yet?

Please let us know if there is, I really, really want to ditch the bloated CAM software.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By default the cam software reacts to liquid temps, did you change that to cpu temps?

I might be lucky but I've been using cam and kraken for many years with "no" problems. That being said, I did connect the radiator fans to the mobo instead of the daisy chain , so the pump can run full speed 24/7 (so it makes the least noise) and the fans can run slow when the cpu is cold and spin up when the temp rises.

CAM Bugs: Desktop

Feedback and Knowledge Base