Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

Fans stop as soon as Cam is installed (grid+ v3)

I recently purchased the Grid+ v3 fancontroller and installed it and i was delighted at first because everything went smooth and it was easy to install also it looks wery good.
I downloaded the cam software and installed it but as soon as I opened it and the log in screen came up all fans shut off.

I still logged in and tried to change the fan settings but nothing happened and it seemed as tho it couldnt find my grid+

I restarted my computer and turned off psu but fans still wouldnt spin

Then i removed cam from the pc did a new reboot and everything was peachy

Reinstalled cam and well rince and repeat. still wont work and I have tried everything I have found on other tickets (exept changeing usb cable)

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Eric Lam responded  · 

If you are experiencing an issue where the fans on the Grid+V3 are not spinning. Please check the specs on those fans. Each channel on the Grid+V3 can only support up to 5 watts and if you exceed that threshold the Grid+V3 will have a failsafe to shut off all the fans. Using the included extension cables can cause this as well. At this time please shut off your PC and turn off your PSU. Then wait 10 seconds and turn your PSU and PC back on. See if the fans spin then.

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tengo un problema. En mi PC Tengo mi HUE+ mas 3 AER de 140m y a veces los ventiladores no giran cuando inicia el sistema operativo windows 10

• Froberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i got a kinda same problem:
        i bought a h700i and all of my fans turn to fixed 0% every couple of minutes

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the grid isnt the problem the cam software is.
        All the fans connected to the grid works fine as long as cam is not intalled

Feedback and Knowledge Base