Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

Kraken X52 ring doesn't change color

Hello, I have an issue with my Kraken X52, the ring doesn't react with the cam software.
When I choose a color for the ring nothing happens and the ring stays in blue.
No issue with the logo it's working fine.

What I have to do to change the color of the ring ?

Thank you

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Romain shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminMax Nzxt (Admin, CAM ) responded  · 

Hello Anonymous, if you don’t have a ligting tab, it’s possible that CAM is not detecting your Kraken. Please try these troubleshooting steps to see if this fixes your issue:
    If you are using a Kraken X42/X52/X62/X72 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a mini to regular USB cable and route it to the back of your case to test this issue. If the cable is the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement USB cable.
    Try shutting off your PC, then plug the USB cable to a different USB header on your motherboard
    This is to check if the USB port on the motherboard is working correctly.
    If you have any of the following programs below, they can come into conflict with CAM :
    Precision X, Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming, RGB Fusion, Asus Aura, MSI Mystic, Afterburner, Corsair Link. We will be working in future versions to improve compatibility between the different software programs.
    Try turning off your PC and turn off your PSU for 10 seconds, then turn your PSU and PC back on and check CAM again
    Try connecting the Kraken to a different PC/Laptop and see if it is detected in CAM. You only need to connect a external mini USB cable and see if CAM detects the unit. If it is still not detected then it is a faulty unit and we can RMA it. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement unit.

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yea, I dont even have the lighting tab as an option....extremely disappointed right now, this needs to be fixed ASAP or I'm getting rid of this kraken....

I don't seem to have any settings for either sync mode or for adjusting the kraken lighting directly. Not in CAM anyways.

I have a lighting tab. If I go into that the Kraken is listed with logo and color ring. If I click the check mark next to the color ring I can set and effect and color, but there appears to be NO WAY to save. I can only disable.

I bough the x42 and the pump stooped working after two weeks. Than bought a new PC and to give it a new try I bough two X62. both are crap. Light stooped working on both and in one cannot control the fan speed on one
        NZXT is selling crap. Never buy anything from them.

• Soink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem! Lightning page is not available. what can i do?
        it´s VS 3.5.60

• Gilbert Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issue. The only way i can fix it is restarting the computer. But every time I put the computer in sleep mode it does the same thing. The ring just turns white and its not controllable anymore.

I no longer have the option to change the lighting on my X52 this has been happening for a few days.

• Romain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now the logo is going crazy : when I start the computer no problem but when cam software launches, the logo starts blinking like there's an issue with the power but I checked and all cables are well connected

Please help me

• Romain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, the ring doesn't power off when I swith the button in cam software

CAM Bugs: Hardware

Feedback and Knowledge Base