Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

GPU/CPU TEMP INCREASE WITH NEW UPDATE

I updated CAM yesterday and immediately noticed that my CPU & GPU temps where on average 10-15c hotter than prior to the update. I’ve never received a temp warning until after this update. I only play two games, fortnite and PUBG. I have a gigabyte Aorus 1080ti and 8700k. Anyone else noticing a temperature increase according to CAM since the update?

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

im getting same issues. im running 8700 on asus hero x. no control over x72 at all. Worked for one day!!!!

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the cam temp/fan speeds are incorrect for me, prob same for you

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issues! I have never had a cpu temp above 60 and now I'm getting pop ups about exceeding 81 and possibly damaging my cpu. Why is this program so unreliable??

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

any fix to this? cpu temps has reached over 81c twice now within the last few days

• Ryan Clarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a MSI Aero GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11gb OC with a i7-8700K. I do not rely on Cam for temperatures. I use CUPID HWmonitor for temperatures only because there accurate. I have a different motherboard than you the MSI Z370 Gaming Plus. There should be somewhere that you can turn off the Intel turbo boost for your i7-8700K. So the cpu will stay at a base 3.7mhz. Intel turbo boost on will make it go to 4.7Mhz. I notice no difference what so ever from turning the turbo boost off and having the cpu at 3.7 Mhz max to intel turbo boost on where it allows the cpu to boost to 4.7 Mhz and I have a 32" Samsung Qled 4k at 3440 x1440 Res monitor. OTHER THAN TEMPERATURE. Having intel turbo boost off on the CPU so its max clock speed is 3.7 Mhz. Will greatly improve CPU cooling by 20C minimum wile hard gaming. Far as your GPU being hotter in CAM there is a GPU overclocking area. Where it says power limit it is set at a default of 100%. Set it at 60% all the way down. It does not prevent low performance. The GPU still boosts up to its max. I noticed my 1080 Ti before I found this trick out was running at 100% power causing it to go up to 70C even 84C.

• Derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same, its like maxed out on CPU the temperature what the is going on here?! Issues after ISSUES

Feedback and Knowledge Base