Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

CAM causes games cannot be launched

After updating to the latest CAM software v3.5.50, I feel like it's annoying more than ever. First of all, I dont like how the software must be running to run the HUE+ we've set. Secondly, the overlay just causes some of the game I played (e.g. Overwatch) cannot be launched. It just error. And after this update, the Overlay setting keep reverting back. So everyday I need to go to the settings and turn it off in order to play my game. Pls do fix this. Thank you

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Zo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Eric Lam responded  · 

The reason why some games are crashing can be a number of reasons. The FPS Overlay in CAM is on by default and that could be the reason why it crashes. Games that have its own launcher could also come with its own overlay which could be conflicting with with CAM’s FPS Overlay.
The overlay requires DirectX Runtime to be installed as well.
Please install DX Runtime and then restart your PC and see if the overlay works. The link below will take you to the download site for the installer.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
We also recommend playing the games in fullscreen mode when using the in-game overlay for better optimization as well.
If your games are still crashing, we recommend disabling the overlay for the time being and please let us know which game it is crashing on.

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

CAM Bugs: Crashing

Feedback and Knowledge Base