Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

Loading at startup stays 0% v3.5.30

Loading at startup always stuck at 0%, need to close it from the taskbar and relaunch the app, then it works. I`ve tried to reinstall but the issue still exists.

301 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Richard Laurence shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

98 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any closer to a fix yet or is everyone still nursing a hangover from Christmas?

• Bill Ochetski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Also, if I try to start CAM from the taskbar it gives me this .NET Framework error:

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot set Visibility or call Show, ShowDialog, or WindowInteropHelper.EnsureHandle after a Window has closed.
        at System.Windows.Window.VerifyCanShow()
        at System.Windows.Window.Show()
        at CAMV2.MainWindow.TrayIcon_MouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs args)
        at System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon.OnMouseDown(MouseEventArgs e)
        at System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon.WmMouseDown(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
        at System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon.WndProc(Message& msg)
        at System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon.NotifyIconNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
        at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

A lot of more info text follows, but it's too long to post here. Sorry.

• Nokrahs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

alright, here is my feedback regarding that latest driver "fix" version :

- uninstalled old CAM (with revo to be sure and deleted the entries in appdata)
        - reboot
        - fresh install new driver file
        - reboot after installation
        - started CAM trough the shortcut and typed in my credentials (nzxt login)
        - made some changes such as "start with windows / minimized and two notches in the fan profile
        - rebooted
        - cam started / logged in automatically and works
        - shut down windows / pulled the plug (well, turned off the power supply)
        - started again / windows login / cam autostart + loging worked
        - rebooted multiple times and it worked every time.

so whatever you guys changed to that driver. for me the issue is solved.

Win10 Pro / 8700K / Maximus Hero X / Kraken X62 ect.

• Edward354 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am going to have to agree with Bob here. I think when I purchase my next cooler I will be sure to avoid any NZXT products. Corsair does seem to be the next best option.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Andy however I will not be waiting for a company to get their shit together. After only 1 day with the Kraken X62 and hours of frustration, I have already ordered a new Corsair and am in the process of putting the Kraken up on Ebay. I will be avoiding ALL NZXT products in the future.

• Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NZXT, your CAM software is forever plagued with P1 and P2 bugs. Why haven't you fired your testers yet, or do you not use any? Seriously one of the worst pieces of software I have ever used. I have invested in one of your cases, fans, lighting strips, CPU cooler and GRID, and this is how you repay your customers by constantly pushing out buggy software updates? Get your shit together otherwise your products are going on eBay and I'll move to Corsair.

• duk6046 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why need uninstall this version? always reset all settings f*cking damn app

• Exerosis Gaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I select my google account to login, and it just hangs. Here is a video showing the issue. https://goo.gl/knNbB5 This happens on both computers I have tried it on.
        Note: I have a junction between C:/Users and C:/ as well as C:/Program Files and C:/Applications/System/Program Files. I've only ever encountered one application that couldn't handle this setup correctly, but I thought I would mention it anyway.

• iain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Google
        2. Since last update
        3. windows
        4. i7 3770k, gtx 980, Kraken X52, 16gb ram, 525gb SSD, windows 10

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I try to open. it just freezes on login. Was working fine a couple days ago. I do not understand why.

• Richard Wightman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. NZXT
        2. a few weeks
        3. Kaspersky Total Security
        4. Intel i7 7700K, 2 NVIDIA GTX 970's, 16gb Ram, 250gb ssd, 2tb hdd, NZXT H700i Case and
        Kraken X52 liquid cooler.

• :( commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is anyone else on Windows 10 version 1709? I had CAM working previously, at least loading but after updating, it no longer loads for me.

• Lupus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. NZXT
        2. About 3 months
        3. Comodo Internet Security Premium (but full access granted for CAM)
        4. CPU: AMD FX 9590
        GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390X
        RAM: Kingston HyperX XMP Predator 2x4GB@2400MHz DDR3
        MB: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z
        OS and CAM are stored on my SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD (480GB)

• Amanda Kersbergen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have had this issue since the late summer. I've finally done what the people here have suggested; reinstalling and using guest log-in. So it seems like the issue has to do with the login method.
        I've sent a mail to support that's not been answered at all, over a month ago.

1. NZXT
        2. since Spring.
        3. Nope
        4. CPU Intel Core i5 3570k
        GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

• B4th commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I bought Kraken X62 and install CAM. The loging is real a pain, this ap shoud be without any kind of loging, it is not needed to be so intrusive. The time it takes to start is too much.

Also overlay in games is not very reliable, it crashes games too often. I am using Windows 7 64bits

• Martin Eriksson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the exact same problem. What are you guys doing over there? First of all.

The cam software has to start to get the custom fan curve to work, but the software wont even start!???

I have to close the application many times and restart it to get it start. And it makes the computer really slow.

And I have to ask, what kind of answer is that? The software should start no matter what kind of hardware we have. And we shouldnt even have to login to get a computer hardware to work!

Feels like a just bought a pig in a bag with some flashy lights on it because this aint premium at all.

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just to add to this ....I tried the new version 3.5.37 and its still getting stuck at login, that didnt fix anything for me.

• Anthony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Nzxt
        2. over a year using CAM
        3. kaspersky (always ran it before without problems)
        4. 6850k msi x99a gaming pro carbon, 32gb trident rgb ram, gtx 1080

• Chris Daniels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Eric,

I have this issue see the following:

1. What login are you using (NZXT, Facebook, Google, Guest) = Google login.

2. How long have you had your CAM account for? = Over a year, CAM has recently worked until new PC build.

3. Are you guys running any antivirus or firewall? Running AVG however I am running the folder as an exception (worked in the past)

4. What are your PC specs? = I7 8700K, 980ti, 16GB kingston RAM, MSI z370 Gaming plus mobo.

Cheers,
        Chris

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base