Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

Cannot access settings when using Cam on second screen

I use two monitors. My main 2560*1080 monitor and a second 1920*1080 monitor.

Like many with multiple screens I prefer to use CAM on the second screen so I can see all the info when I'm gaming.

However as soon as I move CAM to the second monitor I lose the minimize/maximise/close icons and all the settings icons.

Main Screen - https://i.imgur.com/uc8pRo8h.png

Second screen - https://i.imgur.com/d65vzjDh.png

See the difference?

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Griff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Justin Booth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve got an interesting little problem here: CAM fullscreen mode doesn’t work well on dual display setups when the displays are different aspect ratios/resolutions. Yes I do know about CAM fullscreen not being able to work with monitors that aren’t 1080p and over.
        - When my primary display is set to its native 2560x1080 res and the secondary display is set to its non native (but same aspect ratio as native) 1920x1080, fullscreening the CAM window on my secondary display cuts off the minimize/fullscreen toggles and the exit button, as well as the motherboard tables on the right side of the UI, so I'm forced to close the application from the taskbar and I can only see part of the fullscreen UI.
        - I did some experimenting (set my primary and secondary displays to the same resolution and aspect ratio, 1920x1080 16:9) and my suspicions were confirmed. CAM seems to determine the size of the fullscreen window and scale the UI size according to the primary display's aspect ratio and possibly resolution. Again, my 2560x1080 21:9 panel is my primary of the two. Setting the displays to use the resolutions mentioned in the 2nd paragraph (2560x1080 21:9, 1920x1080 16:9) results in the minimize/fullscreen toggles and exit button, as well as the motherboard tables being cut off in fullscreen mode because the secondary isn't as wide, same thing happens if aspect ratios are different. I can't tell if CAM scales the UI according to aspect ratio or resolution. Anyways, when I set both displays to the same resolution the UI scales properly, the minimize/fullscreen toggles, exit button, and motherboard tables aren't cut off on the secondary display, but that’s not a permanent solution because half my monitor is letterboxed. This is all kinda strange considering the old version of CAM formatted just fine when switching displays. So, yeah...
        - I'd like to see this fixed. It's possible using the WM_DISPLAYCHANGE notification built into Windows, applications can detect orientation, aspect ratio, and resolution changes, which would be well used with CAM because elements could either get removed or added based on how much room there is, rather than being cut off which results in a bad look. Or, give us an option to format the fullscreen display to fit a selected monitor in the settings menu (so, for example, I select my 16:9 display, and the fullscreen display scales itself to fit that display’s aspect ratio/res, if I change to my 21:9 CAM does whatever it needs to do and formats the fullscreen display to fit that display).

-----

Feature requests:
        1. Make CAM work properly on dual monitor setups with different aspect ratios/resolutions (the old version of CAM did this just fine, why remove something that works fine?) Backstory: I have two monitors for my setup, one 2560x1080 (primary) and one 1920x1080 I bought so I could put CAM fullscreen on it. Trouble is the fullscreen window formats itself to the aspect ratio/res of the primary display, which results in the three buttons in the top right corner of the window and the motherboard tables being cut off. CAM should: 1. Format itself to the resolution/aspect ratio of the monitor it’s currently being displayed on or 2. Allow us to select manually which monitor the fullscreen display should format itself to in the settings menu or something.
        2. Allow us to specify which monitor we want fullscreen mode to start up on. Whenever I set CAM to autostart (not minimized) the fullscreen display opens on the primary display, even if it was closed on the secondary. Most applications, like Discord and Chrome, don’t do this.
        3. Allow us to choose what elements we want to use in the fullscreen display and how big we’d like those elements (my secondary display is a 7in meant for use with a Rasberry Pi, it’d be nice to minimize clutter.

• Amir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm on the latest version (3.5.50). Just installed the software for Desktop (Did not ever use it on older versions).
        In full-screen the bottom of page and right side is cut-off.
        My resolution is 2560x1080.

Here is screenshot: https://goo.gl/zjMS9z

Any ideas?

• Shawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this issue is not limited to display of different dimensions, I'm running triple monitor setup (inverted pyramid) with all displays running 2560x1440.

1. When dragging CAM window to the second screen and keep it on the left hand side, maximising will result maximised CAM onto the main screen.

2. If maximising CAM from center or the right side, it will be cut off, see screenshot. https://imgur.com/a/q1643

Rather than fix maximised view, a better solution to provide something similar to Mini CAM in the gear icon to display a detail view, capable of adjust scaling of the window with mouse click and drag; would like to see details of my system, but at the same time enough screen estate to have discord and teamspeak displayed on the same screen.

• Seb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here.
        2nd screen is 1080p, main screen 1440p.
        App is always starting at main screen, when I move it to 2nd one and maximise it, the app goes over the 2nd screen to the main one.
        I also tryed to find an .ini file where I can limit the app to 1080p, but didn't find it.
        Help please :)

• Dan Kotowski (Dano) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On a 1080p monitor rotated to portrait mode, when CAM is in full screen the boxes get squished and cluttered, making it difficult to read.

• Liam Kelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've noticed reports in previous versions about secondary screens not working correctly with CAM.

I'm running a 3840x2160 main monitor, and my secondary is 2560x1080 (so 21:9 1080p).

When I maximise the application on my secondary monitor, it cuts off some information and forces its self over the taskbar. It looks like this on the entire screen: https://imgur.com/lO7QyWP

If I maximise it on the main monitor then move it to my secondary monitor with win+shift+left it doesn't draw over the task bar but still cuts off info, like so: https://imgur.com/R3kRjmX

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happens to me too. Primary (Right side) monitor is 2560x1440, secondary (Left side) monitor is 1920x1080. When I move CAM to my secondary monitor and click full screen, 90% fills secondary monitor and spills about an inch over onto the primary monitor.

Any fix available?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1st screen 1440
        2nd screen 1080

When i put CAM in fullscreen mode on my 2nd screen it scales to 1440 and i am not able to see all details.

How to fix this?

• ME commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in fullscreen dashboard will not show the far right side of panel in 1440P desktop . cant move it or resize it

• Aaron Wiggins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Successfully upgraded to latest CAM release after talking with a rep @ Blizzcon2017 - however even with latest release I have issues with a multiple monitor setup and full screen mode. I have three monitors, one 2560x1440 and two 1920x1080 (one in portrait mode) - upon clicking full screen, the software defaults to the full screen size of 2560 x 1440; even when the software display window is shown in one of the 1920x1080 monitors.

Issue seems to be that the software defaults to full screen of primary monitor, not monitor the display window is active on. If i set one of my other monitors to primary monitor in windows display settings, it will correctly resize to whatever monitor size/layout of that primary monitor is (even the portrait mode) regardless of what monitor the display window is in. e.g. Set 1920x1080 portrait monitor as primary monitor in display settings; put software display in either landscape monitor - end up with display only partial width and window extending past bottom of screen.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here, except once something goes fullscreen on the primary screen it stretches out for the remainder of the active session.

• jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

382/5000
        I am French and the translation into French is bad, the software is poorly optimized for large screens 4k some sentences or some graphics are incomplete.
        I can not adjust My HUE + and the color of the fans I spent a lot of money at NZXT (400-500 € for 1 pc) and I am really disappointed with the result, nothing works properly.

• Thomas Simmons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that when using 2 monitors with different resolutions, CAM only scales to the resolution of the main monitor. I have a 1440p monitor as my main monitor and 1080p monitor as my secondary. When trying to use full screen mode on my secondary monitor, the window is mostly cut off. It seems to be center down and to the right of where it needs to be

• Thomas Simmons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems that when using 2 monitors with different resolutions, CAM only scales to the resolution of the main monitor. I have a 1440p monitor as my main monitor and 1080p monitor as my secondary. When trying to use full screen mode on my secondary monitor, the window is mostly cut off. It seems to be center down and to the right of where it needs to be

• Al commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new version is cutting off most of the right hand side of the screen so all im getting is moth instead of motherboard

• Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cam opens on the second screen in full screen but with a gap on the bottom, like if there were a taskbar there even though there isn't

• Anshuman Chakravorty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an issue with the speedometer-like graphs for the GPU when the app is run in full-screen mode/maximize window mode on my 4K display (running at its native 3840x2160 resolution, no scaling) on Windows 10 Home x64 (ver. 1703, build 15063.608).

The issue is that the speedometer-like graphs for the GPU is clipping and the bottom circular portion is getting cut-off by the storage graphs below it. This isn't the case with the CPU speedometer graphs above the GPU speedometer graphs, however...

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base