Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

My Hue+ and Kraken x62 are even not detected in Devices and Printers.

I connected them by a NZXT Internal USB Hub (2.0 port). They are all lit with white colors. I tried to reinstall drivers by reinstalling CAM multiple times, but it didn't work. Help!!!

345 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Eric Lam responded  · 

If you are using a HUE+ and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go to Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the MCP2200 device or any Unknown USB Device. Then restart your computer and check CAM again

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a micro to regular USB cable and route it to the back of your case to test this issue. If the cable is the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement USB cable.

Turn off your PC, then try using a different USB 2.0 port on your motherboard. Then start your PC and check CAM again.
    This is to check if the USB port on the motherboard is working correctly.

Try connecting the HUE+ to a different PC/Laptop and see if it is detected in CAM. You only need to connect a external micro USB cable and see if CAM detects the unit. If it is still not detected then it is a faulty unit and we can RMA it. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement unit.

If you are using a Kraken X42/X52/X62 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a mini to regular USB cable and route it to the back of your case to test this issue. If the cable is the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement USB cable.

Try shutting off your PC, then plug the USB cable to a different USB header on your motherboard
    This is to check if the USB port on the motherboard is working correctly.
    If you have any of the following programs below, they can come into conflict with CAM :
    Precision X, Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming, RGB Fusion, Asus Aura, MSI Mystic, Afterburner, Corsair Link. We will be working in future versions to improve compatibility between the different software programs.

Try connecting the Kraken to a different PC/Laptop and see if it is detected in CAM. You only need to connect a external mini USB cable and see if CAM detects the unit. If it is still not detected then it is a faulty unit and we can RMA it. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement unit.

122 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminMax Nzxt (Admin, CAM ) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A new version of CAM has been released (version 3.6.0) where several of the currently known bugs have been taken care of. Please go to https://camwebapp.com/download to download it and verify if this fixes the issues you are experiencing.

Before installing, please fully uninstall the previous version of CAM, then delete the folder from C drive >> Program Files >> NTXT, and restart the computer before installing this one.

If your issues continue to occur, please inform us. Thank you, and sorry for the inconveniences.

• bim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

throwing away my kraken x62, after 2 weeks it's undetectable...

• calum47 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And how can I know wich USB device is problematic?
        The list of USBs that show up are as follows:
        - ASMedia USB Root Hub
        - ASMedia USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller
        - Root Concentrator USB (USB 3.0)
        - Host Controller for eXtensible Intel(r) USB 3.0 - 1.0 (Microsoft)
        - DAEMON Tools Lite Virtual USB Bus
        and then 4 "USB Composite Device"
        Wich is/are the problematic ones or how can I figure it out??

• Gamingowy Tata (GamingowyTataPL) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They won't help you, it's very common problem from ages now. And they still can't fix it! When cam for me won't detect Kraken, what is working for me is go to device manager (in Windows not Cam) find problematic usb device (definitely at least one will be there), uninstall it. Turn off computer. Switch off psu with switch on the back or plug off power lead from psu for few seconds. After that start system as normal and you should find kraken working again. Let me know if working for you.

• calum47 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the Kraken x62 and the HUE+ for over 4 months now, and they've been working PERFECTLY FINE, I could change rpm, colors, turn on and off, and all that. But literally a few days ago (25/04/2018) the CAM software didnt detect them, I just turned the pc off over night and next morning it didnt show up. If i click on "Detect devices" it wont show anything up.
        All lights are turned on, they are white. The HUE+ lights and the Kraken.
        I have tried unplugging and plugging back, using different cables, reinstalling CAM and yesterday I put my PC appart just to see be sure everything is fine. And it's still not recognizing the HUE or the Kraken.

Ps. My motherboard doesnt have 2.0 Usb internal plug, so I use a converter to plug the NZXT internal usb hub into a 3.1 on my motherboard. And there I have connected my HUE and Kraken

Hope I can get it fixed soon.

• Christian Vicich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not always correct, in 3.5.x it does not ask to install Kraken drivers nor is there an option to in CAM therefor go to the installation directory and under KrakenDriver run KrakenDriver.exe as administrator after this completes in device manager search for drivers under your CAM installation and it should find and install Asetek ** USB Device. Restart CAM and your Kraken devices should correctly show up.
        You need to run the driver installer so windows can find the manufacturer's driver cert or you get the hash cannot be found in the specified file error.

• chow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when i boot my pc ,and open the cam software,there is no lighting button and even i press the detect devices.still no.all the wires is good and complete installed,nzxt kraken x62

• alkersan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How did you manage to get this firmware update? I mean not the CAM program itself, but the hardware update for the Kraken X device. I'm still on v2.1.8. It seems that firmware somehow affects the USB communication protocol, thus third-party apps like aida & hwinfo aren't detecting it anymore. I wonder if there is any description of it.

• Dale Birren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No matter how many times i reinstall cam it wont show the lighting customization icon in the software so i cant change my lighting scheme.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My hue+ worked fine on set up but it now will not be detected by cam software. The lights are all on, fans spin, and the indicator light is on but I cannot change any settings. I’ve tried different ports on the mother board, different USB ports on the case and back of the motherboard and reinstalling clean five or six times. The only thing I can find is that a usb device failed description so windows has stopped it but I cannot fix this issue.

• GNIK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This dumb ass software keeps corrupting it self. The icon in the UI that allows you to change the color settings on kracken just vanishes every couple weeks and I have to delete and redownload load software. Now it's gone I only have 1 color setting stuck on and I can't change it. I will never buy nzxt or anything with CAM software ever again.

• Roy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After I've set all my NZXT AER Fans to a fixed 100% state, and rebooted my computer, All fan control has been gone since. No speed control icon no more, no shortcut to it. And above all, fan speed RPM's are showing up in ridiculous amounts as high as 13.000+ and now sitting at an incorrect 5100-5200 spiking upwards to 6000+ or dropping as much as to 4000- which obviously is all incorrect if you would calculate per fan as is supposed to. Now my whole system is just 1 big wind turbine, and no way to reverse it!

• Ryder Mayall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just updated to Cam 3.5.6. It detected my Hue+ on first startup, then it failed to update the driver. Now it no longer detects my Hue+. My Hue+ has been working fine up until now, so it is not a cable issue.

• Matas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lighting tab disappeared from CAM when i updated to the most recent version of it, the HUE+ lights up but the fans seem to not be detected.

• Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I restart my computer, my Kraken X62 is no longer displayed in CAM. No other posts could describe a fix other than reinstalling CAM everytime I restart my computer.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

CAM Bugs: Hardware

Feedback and Knowledge Base