Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

My Hue+ and Kraken x62 are even not detected in Devices and Printers.

I connected them by a NZXT Internal USB Hub (2.0 port). They are all lit with white colors. I tried to reinstall drivers by reinstalling CAM multiple times, but it didn't work. Help!!!

256 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminEric Lam (Admin, CAM ) responded  · 

If you are using a HUE+ and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go to Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the MCP2200 device or any Unknown USB Device. Then restart your computer and check CAM again

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a micro to regular USB cable and route it to the back of your case to test this issue. If the cable is the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement USB cable.

Turn off your PC, then try using a different USB 2.0 port on your motherboard. Then start your PC and check CAM again.
    This is to check if the USB port on the motherboard is working correctly.

Try connecting the HUE+ to a different PC/Laptop and see if it is detected in CAM. You only need to connect a external micro USB cable and see if CAM detects the unit. If it is still not detected then it is a faulty unit and we can RMA it. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement unit.

If you are using a Kraken X42/X52/X62 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a mini to regular USB cable and route it to the back of your case to test this issue. If the cable is the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement USB cable.

Try shutting off your PC, then plug the USB cable to a different USB header on your motherboard
    This is to check if the USB port on the motherboard is working correctly.
    If you have any of the following programs below, they can come into conflict with CAM :
    Precision X, Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming, RGB Fusion, Asus Aura, MSI Mystic, Afterburner, Corsair Link. We will be working in future versions to improve compatibility between the different software programs.

Try connecting the Kraken to a different PC/Laptop and see if it is detected in CAM. You only need to connect a external mini USB cable and see if CAM detects the unit. If it is still not detected then it is a faulty unit and we can RMA it. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement unit.

93 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My Kraken shows up in the Lightning section, but my HUE+ doesn't since the update to 3.5.50. Therefore I can't control the lightning of my two extra fans, that are connected to my HUE+.

• Lukas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello i have same issues , i cant customize fan curve or lighting , i try to change AIO pump conector to AIO_PUMP or CPU_fan and still have any change of fan speed or change color...

• GNIK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to re download this a few times a month. the program will open like normal but say the pump+fan speed is jacked on max even though its not. The option to adjust pump+fan speed also just vanishes like it was never in cam to begin with. The only thing i can do to fix the false readout and the vanished option is to delete the whole program and re install it. It's bugging me at this point, I like the kraken x62 but the software is extremely glitched

• GNIK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have to re download this a few times a month. the program will open like normal but say the pump+fan speed is jacked on max even though its not. The option to adjust pump+fan speed also just vanishes like it was never in cam to begin with. The only thing i can do to fix the false readout and the vanished option is to delete the whole program and re install it. It's bugging me at this point, I like the kraken x62 but the software is extremely glitched

• TyDyeGaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was always detecting my Kraken just fine until I set up my NZXT Internal USB Hub and plugged my Kraken and Hue+ into there. They are both working properly but are not detected by my pc or CAM so I cannot change the lighting on either of them in CAM. Please help

• TyDyeGaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was always detecting my Kraken just fine until I set up my NZXT Internal USB Hub and plugged my Kraken and Hue+ into there. They are both working properly but I cannot change the lighting on either of them in CAM. Please help

• Lewcypher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue..... Its of ridiculous but then again its only a software issue. Sad part is, this isnt even a beta version.

• Stephen Daniel Dermont commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I might suggest a HUE+ or other RGB device (RGB fans ect) Specific Software Designed for those Specific piece of hardware applications And move the diagnostics data to Another "HW Monitor style APP. That way we can have sw designed JUST to run the hue+ and other lighting and another piece of SW for system-info.

• Stephen Daniel Dermont commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love you guys Equipment. Cases (since original Models of Hush) Fans and coolers, Lighting All of it.
        But CAM is Garbage. You guys Really need to refine and iron out this piece of software to match the Quality of your other products. Other than that - Keep on keep'in on! -
        I Commonly have to Start, Open task manager, end process, and re-start 2 or 3 times to get it working. Also have to unplug and reconnect usb connection to HUE+ for CAM to "see" it. Fix this Software and you have a good product in the HUE+.

• LegendsPr0Italia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

every time I turn on my computer, the leds remain white and I have to close it and re-open it, in order to load it and start lighting the pc according to my settings

• Cesar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I got nzxt Kraken 62 the cam software detect the graph card but the pump and processor and led just don't the version I'm using is 3.5.30

• Takajun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am stupid, really lol. Next time got to remember to always check the MANUAL before proceeding....

So here's what happen. i plugged the main cable in the wrong order on the nzxt external hub, plus i skipped molex cable which was suppose to be connected from the internal hub to the power supply. So when thats all plugged in, hue+ now are working! (thank goodness)

So if any of you forgot that (silly me), the internal usb hub needs to be powered via molex cable to the power supply in order to work.

Still i wonder how it even got turn on in the first place when i didn't even plug the molex...
        I hope that didnt broke anything internally...

• Takajun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue, It says the cable (from smart device that come with nzxt h700i case) need to be plugged to the motherboard, however i only have option for two usb 2.0 port on my motherboard, so instead of plugging it to the motherboard i plug the smart device usb to an internal usb hub 2.0 from nzxt, then i plug the cable from the internal usb 2.0 to the motherboard, could that be the issue?

Do i maybe need to plug smart device usb cable directly to the motherboard?

Everything works by the way, all light on (all white) except no hue+ on cam and no drivers usb or anything from kraken show up on device and printers/device manager..

• Landon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have uninstalled cam like 10 times and my x62 Kraken wont show up. I have heard it doesn't work if Aura Sync is installed, so I deleted that and it still won't work. Tried to put aura sync on delayed start and that wont work either. This is by far the worst product I have ever owned.

• Timo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My x52 usb driver sometimes crashes and only way to get it work again is delete faulty usb driver in device manager and press scan new hardware. It finds new driver and install it. Restart CAM and everything works like before. But today i was surfing around CAM software and found that there is Asetek USB Driver for X31, X41 and X61. Is it valid driver for X52?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

in the new version of the software cam,i dont have any option tho change colors on the nzxt 52x why?
        i just have 5 options,no one is for change color.
        help.
        i instaled several versions and nothing.
        i pay 150 euros,i pay for something with several colors.
        but i dont have that.

After a certain number of reboots, CAM fucks over your shitty Kraken x62 product.

Windows is telling me that there was a driver error with an NZXT USB Input Device.

Fix your shit, assholes.

Previously I only had the Kraken installed with no Hue+ and the Cam software offered a section for tuning which I could change the color of the cooler.

I acquired the Hue+ with the extension kit and i set all that up. Now the tuning option in the software is missing and the cooler along with hue+ lightships are set to default white with no way to change them.

I uninstalled the Cam Software with Revo Uninstaller and reinstalled the program. Still no option for tuning.

Any suggestions on how to fix this??

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base