Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

3.5.0 Is a downgrade

Nothing works properly, the UI looks like a complete ghetto'd downgrade from the previous version, the lighting configuration that I had saved is now gone, all my lighting files that I have saved are gone as CAM failed to upload the files. Hue+ still doesn't show up in CAM although this is probably because the cable that is included is garbage and does not work half the times. Please don't say that you are working on it and never fix any of the issues that the users are having. Actually get to fixing things and give us updates on whats to come or what you are working on so we can expect things.

935 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jun Choi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminEric Lam (Admin, CAM ) responded  · 

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the feedback and support. We understand that when we make changes to the client it may not be the most favorable for every user in our server but we are constantly trying our best to appease and implement the features that are requested. We do thank everyone for their time and effort to help create a better software.

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm am using 3.3.5, it was the last stable version except for the needless and possible illegal data collection. (keeping it in guest mode, shame it cant save settings).

Anything after that is a forgotten cause. I recommend people to do and tell others what I do now, never buy anything more that requires the bloated and buggy CAM software.

• Kraken x41 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just return the old version !!
        The program is buggy and trivial, where to download the old version of why it was removed from everywhere ?!

• Raz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a software dev but it doesn't take one to state that the UI for 3.5 is simply atrocious..

• Robert Sawicki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I highly reccomend that people stop buying ANYTHING made by nzxt that utilizes CAM until they can prove they are serious about backing up their hardware with competent developers and QC.

This is a disaster. I'm in the middle of a rebuild and upgrade and my first and most important decision was to dump cam and all things attached to it. its simply garbage, you've had time to fix it but it seems you have decided you would rather pull more money from people with your garbage smart devices (h200i,h400i,h700i) and again tied to CAM.Dont even get me started about your ECS manufactured Motherboard you just launched. K7S5A and its failure rate ring bells for anyone? and i know this is a run on but you do know usb 3.1 is a thing right? You want Asus ROG maximus money for that board but dont even include this simple feature.

Garbage, tons of manufacturers competing in this space, literally ANY one of them is a better choice.

Im sorry NZXT but your beauty is most certainly only skin deep.
        Goodbye.

• Dr.D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i have my nzxt Fans connected up to my fan controller, and for some reason at random times the fans just cut out and stop spinning?! whats causing this?

also having an issue sorting out my custem lights? anyone else having this issue?

• Dr. Ruskiy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

NEW UPDATE AND NOT WORKING, LIGHTING IS GONE I HAVE GRID +3 HUE+ X62 10 AER FANS, THIS IS GARBAGE,

• ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My cam was perfect hadn't had any problems apart from the odd load where some of my leds wasnt noticed. since the update all im having is fans missing and leds. im having to end task multiple times. the update fixed my friends cam which was doing the same as mine is now lol

• Daniel Fowler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oi, software devs, do you actually ever intend to sort this fucking abortion of software out? This is fucking shocking

• Langis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have reverted back to version 3.3.5 until latest/next version 3.5.24 has a better layout/stabil.
        All stabil and working. The gui/lay out of 3.3.5 version is for me a better choice, all info in one window, no tabs/meny on the side.

Hope you sort thing out at the end, software (poor for now) and products are really nice products.

Using:
        2x new Kraken x62 on 2x pc.
        intel i7 980 and intel i7 4930k, overcloked to 4,2 and 4,4.
        Msi gtx 1050 and msi 1060.
        Ram HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz 24gb and 32gb.
        Asus sabertooth x58 and asus p9x79 motherboard.

• jurgen.douchy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OMG, this is an alpha version.
        It is a huge step back compares to the old one.
        FPS overlay does not work, can't view network monitor without maximizing,
        I want my network monitor back!

• oli_grenier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

v3.5.20 Cam software still not recognising my x62 for managing fans colour or speed (Kraken not actually displayed in interface). Still have 'USB input device cannot start (code 10) error. Tested USB cable, USB headers, all fine. Raised ticket got 1 response with suggestions which i tried in vain and no news since my last message Friday morning. Great looking fans but stuck on default :(...

• Sammy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, my Hue+ setup is completely dead, lost all my lighting profiles and now can't change anything from 'fixed' all blue fans with strip lights doing nothing. CAM overlay also causes games to crash on start.

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a similar issue but I put mine on my right most monitor and now I can't move or drag the software anywhere, no controls work when trying to do anything and the far right side of the software is cut off. have a 1440p main screen and 1920x1080 displays on either side of it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe new major releases like 3.5.0 should be provided as beta version. Then users which want to experiment with new feature and layouts can try it and post bug reports. When most bugs are fixed then provide a release version like 3.5.44. The default for latest download or update cam notification should only be the stable releases. The download of the beta version like 3.5.0 should be optional.

• Adolfo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try this.....
        On CAM 3.5.0....
        Go to the CAM Directory. List ALL the files in that directory by "DATE". Delete ALL the files with todays date. Restart CAM.
        That fix worked for me when all my fans hue's and Kraken X62 lighting went dead for me.

• Brent Feinberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stay far away from this update. If you upgrade to the Windows Fall Creators update, CAM will cause all kinds of issues such as locking up tasks, preventing your computer from shutting down, preventing Outlook from syncing with GMAIL accounts, etc. Once I remove it, things are working very well now.

• djhifi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This latest version doesnt start with AI Suite 3 installed as well. Completely broken

← Previous 1

CAM Bugs: Desktop

Feedback and Knowledge Base