Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

CAM 3.3.5 Overlay not working for most games!

The overlay isn't working with most of my games which is odd because it was working just fine about 2 weeks ago. I think it might have been an update that caused it to stop working but the only game it works on at thew moment is Overwatch.

506 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David Caldwell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Eric Lam responded  · 

Hi there, please be sure you are on the latest version of CAM from camwebapp.com. The most current version is 3.5.3

The overlay requires DirectX Runtime to be installed.
    Please install DX Runtime and then restart your PC and see if the overlay works. The link below will take you to the download site for the installer.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Also make sure that you have tried manually enabling the overlay with the short keys (Shift + O). These shortcut keys can be changed from settings in CAM as well.

If the instructions above does not work please let us know which games the overlay is not working on.

178 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fixed this by switching to minicam (may not be necessary) and choosing NIGHT MODE.

• Zane Morgan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Installed software and tried to get the cam overlay to work while playing Destiny 2. Have the overlay enabled but nothing is showing while ingame.

• Scott Dove commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recently updated to cam 3.7.1 after just installing an rx470 black edition and now CAM does not show my GPU on the home screen. Also can not use the CAM overlay or the games tab to show performances. Overlay is enabled but will not come up. Playing PUBG mainly.

Recently with the games I have been playing, WoW, No Mans Sky and a few others the CAM overlay hasnt been working for me. Please fix!!! Thank you

• FennecTheFox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't get the games overlay working for Doom 2016.
        I have DirectX 12 installed.
        "CAM Overlay" is enabled with display info: FPS/Avg. FPS/CPU/GPU. But it doesn't show up in-game. And nothing shows up in the "Games" tab of CAM.
        Running CAM V3.6.6

Cam is causing major problems with Kf2, crashing, major lag spikes and the overlay doesn't work, as soon as I shut cam off, the game runs smooth no crashing or lag spiking.
        Cam just doesn't work...

• Roham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is not working on old games like COD 4 or Stronghold Crusader or Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012

• Totte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Eric Lam responded · September 11, 2017
        Hi there, please let us know what games are not working. We are aware of the issues with PUBG and Blizzard games at the moment so if these are the games then rest assure we are aware and are investigating as we speak".

Not a single word since September 2017. Nice work.. I'm amazed how crappy you're support/feedback is.

it works for Some games, so means he has it installed..... why did we even bother asking

You lazy fcks, Stop telling ppl to update their DirectX and start working on your're crappy software instead

• AdminMax Nzxt (Admin, CAM ) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello everybody, please be aware that some games have an anti-cheat mechanism which can sometimes conflict with the CAM FPS overlay. We are currently working to fix this issue with many companies, but it is a process which takes some time and communication between the developer and NZXT. Thank you for informing us of the games with which it is not working. We are continuing to work with this issue.

• jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the only game it worked for me was assassins creed origins.

seriously nzxt sort this out

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another for not working Diablo 3.

Time for a H110 :-)

Or hire a real programmer.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It does not work for Fortnite... if it works for anybody else please help..

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

CAM Bugs: Desktop

Feedback and Knowledge Base