Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

CAM 3.3.5 Overlay not working for most games!

The overlay isn't working with most of my games which is odd because it was working just fine about 2 weeks ago. I think it might have been an update that caused it to stop working but the only game it works on at thew moment is Overwatch.

419 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David Caldwell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminEric Lam (Admin, CAM ) responded  · 

Hi there, please be sure you are on the latest version of CAM from camwebapp.com. The most current version is 3.5.3

The overlay requires DirectX Runtime to be installed.
    Please install DX Runtime and then restart your PC and see if the overlay works. The link below will take you to the download site for the installer.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Also make sure that you have tried manually enabling the overlay with the short keys (Shift + O). These shortcut keys can be changed from settings in CAM as well.

If the instructions above does not work please let us know which games the overlay is not working on.

136 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • javier.ruiz.alcaraz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I uninstalled afterburner thinking that CAM should be the solution, but overlay don't runs in a lot of my games like PUBG. (Afterburner yes) I think I will have to reinstall it again...

• Setau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not working with forza horizon3 and watch dogs2. Works fine in witcher3, rise of tomb raider and other "actual" games.
        Really great software however, thx devs for not make us pay for it.

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the same problem, the only game this works in is battlefield 1 that I have.
        Games it does not work in that I have tried, even if I manually enable the overlay.
        I have up to date windows and DirectX runtime.

ABZU, Playerunknowns Battlegrounds
        Project Cars 2
        Rise of the tomb Raider

• Peter B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this company still in business? All i see on the internet is complains that dont get resolved, but have closed threads to hide the issues. This company is a scam and i will never buy or recommend anything from them again

• Kody Cassidy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have also tried the fixes to no avail, downloaded from the link, but my pc said a newer or equivalent version was already installed. Let it past my firewalls as well and that didn't work either.

• Henrik Andersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

not working American Truck Simulator
        working Euro Truck Simulator 2
        not working Farming Simulator 17
        not working TESO

Have 3.5.3 win 10 64 newest build

• Hafiz Shariff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update from older version (overlay working fine). Using this 3.5.30, all my games unable to show in-game overlay.

• imoundee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue, not working in some games.... Quake Champions, ReflexFPS, wow...

• KAPS1M0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The CAM overlay stopped working in the Metro Redux games even though it used to work fine. I think it stopped after the recent major Windows Creators Falls Update.

• Domenic Dörr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Update:
        Installed v3.5.30
        Still not working in:
        - ARK Survival Evolved
        - Playersunknown Battelgrounds

• Jacob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, none of my games work with the overlay. Overwatch, Fortnite, Rainbow 6 Siege, Holdfast, CS:GO, none of them work.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base