Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

PC hard Freezing using CAM Software

So about 5 weeks ago I built my new PC.

So I have been running windows 10, with booting cam on startup. And for weeks the freezing problem haunted me, I tried everything to figure it out from Memtest(over 16h) to endless benchmarking and stress testing software. Updating Bios, reformatting and pretty much updating every driver I could find. And recently I have not been starting cam on startup and my pc is fine, I can leave it on all week with no issues.

The freezes that I used to have however did not occur instantly, it could take a couple of hours before it would freeze but usually when I was ideling, like AFKing in a game or watching a series on my pc.

I am 100% sure that it is CAM software causing the freezing as I have not had a single freeze all week without using it. I did try turning it yesterday and boom a freeze after 2h.

With freeze I mean everything freezes and forces me to hard restart my pc (not the software freezing)

Here are my Specs :

Z170A GAMING M9 ACK
i7 6700k 4.0Ghz
NZXT x61
GTX 980ti
32GB Corsair vengeance 2400Mhz
1TB samsung Evo 250
2TB Seagate HDD
Corsair HX1000i PSU

If you could figure out what causes this please. I really like the CAM software and want to use it again.

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminMax Nzxt (Admin, CAM ) responded  · 

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

50 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CAM software is so broken!!!

re installed a few times with latest update and problem still persists! all i want to do is change the the colour on the pump :(

when i have CAM installed pc starts freezing

• Laureano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm starting to think is my issue too...I have just reinstalled WIndows..if nothing happens, I think it might be CAM soft...between this soft and Corsair's ICUE, is a nightmare, I even thought and tried multiple PSU. The freeze was exactly as the thread opner described.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have experienced the exact issue with version 3.7.3 of CAM. Shortly after opening CAM my monitor turns black and there is nothing I can do than switching the PSU off and on again.

Its not the first issue i have with CAM but this is by far the worst. All I want is to control the lighting of my PC.

• mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wow, wish I would have seen this. I recently RMA'd my new Ryzen 5 cpu because I just thought it was a bad CPU, I installed CAM on day one and had freezing exactly like all of you describe.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Umm any update on this issue? Is there are temp fix you can suggest NZXT??

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep can confirm my system also experiences the exact same issue, tempted to take the cooler back to the retailer and ask for a refund.. I have to stop the software in order to stop the crashes. Incredibly frustrating!!! I'm running the latest version of the software as well v4.03 HID: 10.0.17134.1 (WINBUILD.160101.0800)

• tsts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem here.
        1080ti /ryzen 7/asusx470 pro and kraken. and the cam app freezes my whole thing..either right after i open it or 10-15 min later.
        sad,cause i want the colors right :(

• Sam89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

wish I had check this before buying, Software is so bad Crashes my whole system when I load it. I am also running Ryzen 2700X / Asus 470-F.

and yes I have tried the new 3.6.6 No change same issue

• Michael Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding to previous comment.. Ryzen 7 1700X on ASUS Prime X370 PRO with newest BIOS. Looks like its a Ryzen power management issue with CAM.

• Michael Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was using the dropbox version of cam, installed v 3.6 and the update. Both cause random power off on PC. Event Log states: Performance power management features on processor 15 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware.
        This goes away when CAM is not running! Not overclocking in CAM.

• AdminMax Nzxt (Admin, CAM ) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A new version of CAM has been released (version 3.6.0) where several of the currently known bugs have been taken care of. Please go to https://camwebapp.com/download to download it and verify if this fixes the issues you are experiencing.

Before installing, please fully uninstall the previous version of CAM, then delete the folder from C drive >> Program Files >> NTXT, and restart the computer before installing this one.

If your issues continue to occur, please inform us. Thank you, and sorry for the inconveniences.

• djhifi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also having the same problem as OP. Usually it freezes mostly when opening videos (whether on my PC or internet). And I have a beefy BEEFY PC. No freezes when gaming (heavy games). Wierd. I will test disabling CAM and check if I have more freezes. Already stopped HDD monitoring but freezes still occur. Ive now disabled FPS overlay and "start with windows".

I was almost formating my PC before finding this thread!! Such a shame this software is riddled with bugs

• Konstantin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CAM freezes my Ryzen 5 pc as well, so sad that I can't even control the colors of my cooler...

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just built a new Ryzen 2700x x470 gaming pc with an NZXT H440 case. The CAM software freezes my PC on boot too. Kind of sad.

• Full Pay Gaming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It causes random freezes in game that last a 3-6 seconds, game continues to run smooth after. And its the software just being open, no game monitoring, just software open foe hue+ and hardware monitoring..But I do also have afterburner open so after work will not run afterburner and see if helps..Also I cant even have the game monitoring open in gta, because then it crashes if I try to change graphic settings.And fixes on the few second in game freezes??

• Erkul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Try it yesterday, nice software but indeed my computer crash randomly,, gaming or not.
        Can't achieve a futuremark stresstest with it, 0 problem without it running.
        Sorry for you guys, this tool seems awesome, just fix it...

• LG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Win10Pro 64bit. Freezes up system on random. 3.5.60

• Matthias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have many problems with CAM, it's crashing every 2nd time I start the computer, sometimes it' makes the computer freezing... And why you don't make a software for only control Hue+ or other lights? I don't need any monitoring etc. software from you...

• L. Nicolas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

looks like the company is not looking for making money from us, the app on iphone have ads, i just removed from my iphone and pc, very good software, but is cousing problems, i will look for another, good luck.

← Previous 1 3

CAM Bugs: Crashing

Feedback and Knowledge Base