CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. Your software never works

I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NZXT PRODUCT AGAIN..... YOUR SOFTWARE IS TRASH AND NEVER WORKS. The issue that says has been fixed decided to show up again and now i have to restart the software everytime i start my computer cause guess what????? IT GETS STUCK AT 0%

525 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    26 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Eric Lam responded

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. The issue with the loading being stuck at 0% should be resolved now. Please update to our newest version 3.5.8 (www.camwebapp.com) and see if you still exhibit the same behavior.

2. My Hue+ and Kraken x62 are even not detected in Devices and Printers.

I connected them by a NZXT Internal USB Hub (2.0 port). They are all lit with white colors. I tried to reinstall drivers by reinstalling CAM multiple times, but it didn't work. Help!!!

345 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    125 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using a HUE+ and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go to Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the MCP2200 device or any Unknown USB Device. Then restart your computer and check CAM again

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a micro to regular USB cable and route it to the back of your case to test this issue. If the cable is the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement USB cable.

Turn off your PC, then try using a different USB 2.0 port on…

3. 31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stuck at calibration Step 2

Stuck at calibration Step 2, when calibration is complete at Step 2 it goes to calculating and then the following error pops-up "Errors - Server return value without message" What does this mean? Cannot continue to step 3 so I can never set up my fans, Tried reinstalling cam 3 times also rerunning the calibration 5 times, still the same thing.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, please try the calibration test again as we have resolved the issue in our backend. Thanks!

5. Can't log in - "could not establish a connection. Please try again later."

I can't log in. I can on other computers, but no on this one: my main on. please, please fix.

588 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    262 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, the servers should be back up now. Try logging into CAM again. Thank you everyone for the patience!

If you still have issues, can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com? Click on “Contact Support” on the right side.
    Please attach your error logs C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs Thanks

6. Fully Offline mode for CAM (PRIVACY)

"nzxt launched a new thing called bld (http://letsbld.com/) and now its obvious where all the CAM datamining went to. we all provided data (without our consent) for a service that nzxt of course makes money on."

"Per (MULTIPLE) previous requests which was claimed to be "resolved," yet it is not:
    (
    http://support.camwebapp.com/forums/252256-cam-bugs/suggestions/18039109-provide-offline-mode-for-cam?tracking_code=32a4364a67b73d2c130831061e16f03b
    )
    http://support.camwebapp.com/forums/252939-ideas/suggestions/10987476-offline-mode

That is not OFFLINE mode, GUEST mode shouldn't be broadcasting. Please resolve it.

The log I have has over 10,000 intrusion attempts made by CAM alone. I will not unblock the software as it absolutely does not need network access to your servers.

The…

700 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  44 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Settings lost... Twice *sigh*

After updating to 3.6.0 all my settings were gone. Normally I'd be upset - but this the kind of experience I'm used to from CAM.

So i reconfigured everything again.
    After a restart - everyhing lost again.
    As always NZXT, great software.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Kraken X62 not recognized by CAM after reboot

When I first install CAM it see's my Kraken X62 and everything works as it should. When I turn off my PC and come back to it the following day, my X62 is no longer recognized by CAM (its not even listed).

To remedy this, I have to uninstall CAM and reinstall it so my x62 can be recognized.

Is it possible for this to be fixed?

560 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    369 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, if you guys believe to still be experiencing this issue can you guys follow this post?
    http://support.camwebapp.com/forums/252256-cam-bugs/suggestions/19748572-kraken-x62-not-regonized-on-boot-wake

This is to help us isolate the issue. Thanks!

Hi there, the new version that was released today should resolved this issue. If you still experience any instances of the Kraken detection issue it can still be because of defective cables or other external factors. If that’s the case please contact us by submitting a ticket on support.camwebapp.com and click on “Contact Support” on the right. Thanks!

9. Kraken X62 not regonized on boot/wake

I notice you immediately removed the 500+ long thread regarding the CAM/Kraken recognition issues. That was a little premature.

CAM 3.3.4 - Does not recognize my X62, no matter how many times I remove the USB and disconnect power. 0 for 11. No version of CAM was ever this bad. I have no RGB lighting software running at this time and I disabled all non-OS essential applications from the start-up menu.

Asus X99 Strix - 5930K
    32GB Corsair Dominator 3200MHz
    Titan XP
    X62
    No bloatware installed.

I have rolled back to 3.3.2 that recognizes the Kraken 95%+ of the time,…

168 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    81 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, this post is now close as it is involving an older version of CAM. If you still have this issue with our newest update please post a new thread. Thanks for the support!

10. KRAKEN X62 with cold start the colors freeze. Cam problem?

I have this problem with my kraken x62 ... a few days with the version of Cam 3.5.60 when I turn on the PC in cold weather ... off a bit of time and with the current disconnected ... when I turn on the first time ... the white ring is blocked and the text nzxt remains correct red. Pump and fans, on the other hand, work correctly and are seen by the CAM software. I've also tried the latest version but it's worse x that does not save colors. Is the x62 kraken broken or is it a problem…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yes, If you have any of the following programs below, they can come into conflict with CAM:
    Precision X, Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming, RGB Fusion, Asus Aura, MSI Mystic, Afterburner, Corsair Link.

We will be working in future versions to improve compatibility between the different software programs.

11. H700i Smart device not detected in CAM software

Hi,

After updating the CAM software now CAM is not able to detect the smart device to control fan speed. lighting. etc. I have HUE+ installed and it is able to detect it just fine.

Please assist

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using a Smart Device and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.

Try shutting off your PC, then plug the USB cable to a different USB header on your motherboard.
    This is to check if the USB port on the motherboard is working correctly.

12. Provide offline mode for CAM

Per a previous request which was claimed to be "resolved," yet it is not:

http://support.camwebapp.com/forums/252939-ideas/suggestions/10987476-offline-mode

That is not OFFLINE mode, GUEST mode shouldn't be broadcasting. Please resolve it.

The log I have has over 10,000 intrusion attempts made by CAM alone. I will not unblock the software as it absolutely does not need network access to your servers.

The issue is not solved or completed as you claim it to be.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Table: Firewall Events

Date Created: 2017-02-11 22:08:34

Records count: 3046

Date & Time Application Action Direction Protocol Source IP Source Port Destination IP Destination Port
    2017-02-11 22:08:16 C:\Program…

549 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    63 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  fan.ding responded

Hi everyone,
    It is clear from the response that many of you would like a true offline mode. We are seriously considering this option now in a future release. Thank you very much for the feedback!

13. CAM 3.5.1 doesn't launch after installing Window 10 Fall Creators Update

After updating to Win 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) CAM no longer launches.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, please go inside this directory and delete the CAMSettings.sqlite file

C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\CAMSettings.sqlite

then try to restart CAM and see if that works.

14. Just updated to 3.5.50 and it was supposed to stop freezing at 0%

But no. Still at 0% at launch. Also as soon as I open CAM window the CPU temp skyrockets 25C plus and the fans start spinning like crazy.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tab for fan speed control gone

Since one of the recent updates (I think 3.5.0), the tab for the fan speed control is gone completely.

Only Dashboard, Build, Games, Overclocking and Devices tabs appear on the left..

Does anyone know how I get it back please?
    Many thanks!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope this issue has been resolved. The following ticket will now be closed due to this ticket being involved with our older version.
    Please update to our newest version (www.camwebapp.com) and see if you still exhibit the same behavior.
    If you do, please submit a new post or ticket by clicking on “Contact Support” on the right. Thank you.

16. CAM crashes my pc

I recently installed a Cryorig quad lumi which unfortunately requires cam to control the lights.

The problem is with CAM installed my computer hard locks, both my screens switch off and I am unable to turn the system off using the power switch, I have to turn it off at the PSU, discharge the system and only then will it power back up.

Without CAM installed I don't have this issue.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Lighting

I just updated to the new CAM with the different logo. Even since then my lighting effects have stopped working. Updating to the new version it asked me what my favorite color was (blue) so I picked one. Now, that is the only color that shows no matter what I do. I've tried creating a custom profile for the "breathing", "fading", and "alternating" techniques and hitting "apply" and NONE of them work. It's just a constant blue all day all the time. Why is the lighting system now broken? Please fix this.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  14 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Kraken X62

i have just installed my Kraken X62 and CAM software but it does not show the lighting controls nor the kraken controls under the "TUNING" tab

176 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    281 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CAM 3.5.20 doesn't start automatically with windows

Clean installed CAM 3.5.20 doesn't start automatically with windows.

Setting is turned on, task manager has CAMLauncher.exe in the startup tab (enabled) and i even made it run as admin. Still doesn't launch with windows startup.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi RGB lighting settings still delete on shutdown

I downloaded the CAM software today (3 June 18) which I assume is the latest updated version. When I created a New Custom Profile for my Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi in the CAM software, (changed colour of LEDs from white to WAVE), it deletes the custom lighting settings when I Shutdown the computer, and the LED logo and backlighting revert to default white. But when I log into CAM again, the coloured WAVE settings appear again. I know this problem has been fixed by your team, but why is it still happening to me? Thank you in advance.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 183 184
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base