CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. CAM 3.3.5 Overlay not working for most games!

The overlay isn't working with most of my games which is odd because it was working just fine about 2 weeks ago. I think it might have been an update that caused it to stop working but the only game it works on at thew moment is Overwatch.

459 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      151 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, please be sure you are on the latest version of CAM from camwebapp.com. The most current version is 3.5.3

The overlay requires DirectX Runtime to be installed.
      Please install DX Runtime and then restart your PC and see if the overlay works. The link below will take you to the download site for the installer.
      https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Also make sure that you have tried manually enabling the overlay with the short keys (Shift + O). These shortcut keys can be changed from settings in CAM as well.

If the instructions above does not work please let us know which games the overlay is not working on.

• CAM 3.5.8 wont login today.....

booted pc like normal... i have CAM to start in startup..... wont login using my normal login. stuck loading at 0% and from what i've seen on other posts this is happening to quite a few people, please fix this, and for GOD SAKES test these updates before passing the bugs onto us!!!!

39 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        3 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Cannot access settings when using Cam on second screen

I use two monitors. My main 2560*1080 monitor and a second 1920*1080 monitor.

Like many with multiple screens I prefer to use CAM on the second screen so I can see all the info when I'm gaming.

However as soon as I move CAM to the second monitor I lose the minimize/maximise/close icons and all the settings icons.

Main Screen - https://i.imgur.com/uc8pRo8h.png

Second screen - https://i.imgur.com/d65vzjDh.png

See the difference?

65 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          under review  ·  23 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • after pc wakes from sleep mode, logo does not light up.

Kraken X62
          CAM V-3.5.20
          windows 10 pro (Fresh install on new drive)

If you need more info just ask

47 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            22 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • IOS App logs in but displays nothing

IOS app installs ok and logs in fine. But displays nothing ?

37 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, we’ll be launching a new update for the mobile app in a couple of weeks that should resolve these issues.
              Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for the cooperation.   

• Fans stop as soon as Cam is installed (grid+ v3)

I recently purchased the Grid+ v3 fancontroller and installed it and i was delighted at first because everything went smooth and it was easy to install also it looks wery good.
              I downloaded the cam software and installed it but as soon as I opened it and the log in screen came up all fans shut off.

I still logged in and tried to change the fan settings but nothing happened and it seemed as tho it couldnt find my grid+

I restarted my computer and turned off psu but fans still wouldnt spin

Then i removed cam from the…

13 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                3 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are experiencing an issue where the fans on the Grid+V3 are not spinning. Please check the specs on those fans. Each channel on the Grid+V3 can only support up to 5 watts and if you exceed that threshold the Grid+V3 will have a failsafe to shut off all the fans. Using the included extension cables can cause this as well. At this time please shut off your PC and turn off your PSU. Then wait 10 seconds and turn your PSU and PC back on. See if the fans spin then.

• Kraken X52 ring doesn't change color

Hello, I have an issue with my Kraken X52, the ring doesn't react with the cam software.
                When I choose a color for the ring nothing happens and the ring stays in blue.
                No issue with the logo it's working fine.

What I have to do to change the color of the ring ?

Thank you

7 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  13 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, can you guys double check you are not in the sync mode option in the lighting page? Try adjusting the Kraken lighting lighting directly in the Kraken page.

• FANS FAIL ON COLD START OF PC

I Apologise for reposting:

This is critical on power up I should not have too "panic" that my performance PC fails to spin up on a start. Loading into Windows and then CAM fails to start my fans when I change Performance to fixed mode to initiate a spin up. INSTEAD, I have to switch off countless times on each start (this is not a good way to force fans to start) causing my system problems. See PC Spec:

OverClocked 4.4MHZ

Intel i7 5960X Extreme Octa Core CPU Processor (3.0 GHz, 20 MB Cache)
                  MSI Intel LGA2011-V3 Socket X99 Gaming…

13 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    11 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are experiencing an issue where the fans on the Grid+V3 are not spinning. Please check the specs on those fans. Each channel on the Grid+V3 can only support up to 5 watts and if you exceed that threshold the Grid+V3 will have a failsafe to shut off all the fans. At this time please shut off your PC and turn off your PSU. Then wait 10 seconds and turn your PSU and PC back on. See if the fans spin then.

• CAM 3.5.3 color picking in Hue+ menu is broken + cannot use the smartphone app

Whenever i click on add color in any of the lighting modes of hue+ I encounter the bug over and over, it just makes a white line where the color picker should be and thats it. Whenever I try to login to cam mobile app it tells me that I need to download the newest version(which I have) this cam software is getting worse and worse and worse.

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      4 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Fan speeds fluctuating

Hi I have a problem with the fan speeds on my kraken x31(GPU) and x61(CPU).

The fan speeds are flucuating up and down and it its highly annoying, the only way to make it stop is by putting it in silent mode, thats pretty much fine for the CPU its never under that much load, however the GPU can be under quite some load and im guessing because its in silent mode it doesn't ever go beyond 25%, then I get liquid temperature warnings because it gets so hot, and it actually makes an awful burning smell!

Its pretty much…

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Slow starting I mean 5 full minutes! WTF!

How about having the stupid thing actually boot up with the rest of the system? Jessus christ! 5 min for this stupid ass program to load! WTF!

2 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • v3.5 less Led Sync Options than v3.35

The new update is kind of frustrating. The options for the Led lighting is less than in the previous Version. No Marquee oder Candle light or something else. You have only the full option in the single Channel mode. And at some modes you cant change the colors, because there is only a default preset and you can't add a custom profile. Please fix it. An update should be better than the previous Version.

22 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, this issue seems to be that you are trying to adjust your lighting in sync mode. Can you try going into your HUE+ channel and see if you have all the options available?

• Grid

Nzxt grid + v3 after reboot / shutdown fans dont work anymore

7 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are experiencing an issue where the fans on the Grid+V3 are not spinning. Please check the specs on those fans. Each channel on the Grid+V3 can only support up to 5 watts and if you exceed that threshold the Grid+V3 will have a failsafe to shut off all the fans. Using the included extension cables can cause this as well. At this time please shut off your PC and turn off your PSU. Then wait 10 seconds and turn your PSU and PC back on. See if the fans spin then.

• 1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • my new kraken x62 fan speed isnt showing up in Cam the fan speed also seem to be fixed it doesnt change when it gets hotter

my new kraken x62 fan speed isnt showing up in Cam the fan speed also seem to be fixed it doesnt change when it gets hotter

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

CAM reads the CPU_Fan header on most motherboard. Please verify that you have the CPU Fan connected to the CPU_Fan header on your motherboard. If you have a AIO_Pump, W_Pump on your motherboard you can try those header as well.
                                  If you are using a Kraken, please be sure to have at least one of the radiator fans connected to the 4 pin header on the Kraken fan port. The Kraken pump cable should be connected to the CPU_Fan header on your motherboard as well.

• Rpm

Hi
                                  Just got a brand new Kraken X52. Its gorgeous.
                                  But the CAM Software for fan control is useless..
                                  Although my fans are spinning at a low speed, I dont seem to be able to control their speed and CAM shows 0 rpm.
                                  Already put cpu fan at 100% on Bios. Changed nothing.
                                  I got an Asus Maximus VIII Hero to control my other fans.
                                  Fan Expert does not recognize a CPU fan. I guess that is normal. Is it possible that some incompatibility with Asus Software prevents CAM from controling the fans?
                                  As far as I could see, several…

2 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

CAM reads the CPU_Fan header on most motherboard. Please verify that you have the CPU Fan connected to the CPU_Fan header on your motherboard. If you have a AIO_Pump, W_Pump on your motherboard you can try those header as well.

If you are using a Kraken, please be sure to have at least one of the radiator fans connected to the 4 pin header on the Kraken fan port. The Kraken pump cable should be connected to the CPU_Fan header on your motherboard as well.

• CAM causes games cannot be launched

After updating to the latest CAM software v3.5.50, I feel like it's annoying more than ever. First of all, I dont like how the software must be running to run the HUE+ we've set. Secondly, the overlay just causes some of the game I played (e.g. Overwatch) cannot be launched. It just error. And after this update, the Overlay setting keep reverting back. So everyday I need to go to the settings and turn it off in order to play my game. Pls do fix this. Thank you

4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The reason why some games are crashing can be a number of reasons. The FPS Overlay in CAM is on by default and that could be the reason why it crashes. Games that have its own launcher could also come with its own overlay which could be conflicting with with CAM’s FPS Overlay.
                                      The overlay requires DirectX Runtime to be installed as well.
                                      Please install DX Runtime and then restart your PC and see if the overlay works. The link below will take you to the download site for the installer.
                                      https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
                                      We also recommend playing the games in fullscreen mode when using the in-game overlay for better optimization as well.
                                      If your games are still crashing, we recommend disabling the overlay for the time being and please let us know which game it is crashing on.

• Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi isnt being recognised in latest update

My Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi isnt being recognised in latest update and im stuck with a green and orange coulour when my whole PC is white and blue

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using a Cryorig H7 Lumi and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.

Try shutting off your PC, then plug the USB cable to a different USB header on your motherboard.
                                        This is to check if the USB port on the motherboard is working correctly.

Try turning off your PC and turn off your PSU for 10 seconds, then turn your PSU and PC back on…

• 1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you see the CAM preview window when you hover over the task icon in your taskbar but the window doesn’t appear when you click on the icon. You might be experiencing an issue where the window is on a different “phantom” monitor.

Try doing this, press on the CAM preview window when you hover over the task icon. Then click "Shift + Windows Key + Arrow Key (<,>) to return the CAM window to your usable desktop space.

• hue+ and kraken sync mode

The speed of all sync mode effects are not synced between my hue+ with 4 led strips and 3 aer fans and my kraken x52, they sync the effects but the speed of the effects is not synced, firmware on kraken x52 v2.0.1.8 and hue+ v4.3.2 with cam version 3.3.4, windows 10

39 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            11 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, we are aware of this issue that our sync mode and our timing can be improved. This will be looked into. Thanks for the feedback!

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base