CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. h700i leds not turning on (NO HUE)

My stock led strips that came installed in h700i case will not turn on. they are plugged in and detected in CAM software. Please help!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing.

If you are using a Smart Device and CAM is detecting the device but the LEDs on the strips do not light up or is lighting up in abnormal colors.
    Please be sure to check if all the strips are properly aligned. The arrow on the connection cable should be pointed to the 5V on the strip. If you are using any extension cables please check those as well.
    Please try each strip individually and see if any of them are defective. Exit out of CAM, then unplug all the strips from the Smart Device. Then plug one strip into the Smart Device and start CAM. Check and see if the strip appears in CAM and the LEDs can be controlled. Repeat this for all the strips. If the strips are the issue, please contact our support team over

2. CAM 3.6.0 will not save settings. MiniCAM displays incorrect temp data.

Previous version worked fine. New 3.6.0 revision removed ability to save settings and causes MiniCAM to change the data (adds about 100 F to all temps)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

3. Lighting and Fan tabs are gone from CAM app.

This is how it looks https://imgur.com/a/EsWOvm6

I cant control the fan speed anymore and is now stuck at a minimal speed. It causes my cpu to heat up quite fast. this app was good a while ago, but after the update has gone bad.

any idea on how to fix this guys?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello J, sorry for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing.

If the lighting and fan tabs are not showing up, it’s because CAM is not detecting them. Try going to the Devices tab and pressing on Detect Devices. If this does not work, try disconnecting and reconnecting your fans or changing the cables. Finally, if this does not work either, please send us your PC specifications, including OS and Hardware, and the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

Thank you for your cooperation and time.

4. CAM 3.6.8 app does not save the settings

For 2 updates, the application does not save the configurations of the fans and the pump. Every time I restart the computer or close the application, the settings are restarted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CAM 3.6.8 wont let me change nor save custom settings.

CAM 3.6.8 wont let me change nor save custom settings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Cannot login cam 3.6.6

I have updated cam to 3.6.6 from 3.5.9.0. Then it tips me kraken M22 driver didn't be installed. So I installed and cam restared. The problem is now I cannot login cam and always mention email or passcode be vailed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I encountered something similar, however was unable to pin down exactly when it happens. Whenever it happens to me, I just force close CAM and reopen it and it works correctly. I did send the report to the devs to see if they can find why it happens or when.

7. RGB and fan curve reset when I reboot my system

As the title, my rgb and fan curve reset after i shut down and repress the power button to boot up my system, cam just reset itself every time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

8. v3.5.90 stopping me typing

if i try and type in a web address or any form of typing the whole system becomes unresponsive, taken of cam and system is working fine again, a big show stopper

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues:

Thank you for your cooperation and time.

9. Terrible experience

Ordered 6 light strips and 4 were DOA but I thought it looked good with just those 2. Only using it to show a couple people and keeping the lights off mostly, now it has stopped working all together after just a couple months. Also the software is awful and the strips were randomly flickering before it died.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are using a Smart Device and CAM is detecting the device but the LEDs on the strips do not light up or is lighting up in abnormal colors.
    Please be sure to check if all the strips are properly aligned. The arrow on the connection cable should be pointed to the 5V on the strip. If you are using any extension cables please check those as well.
    Please try each strip individually and see if any of them are defective. Exit out of CAM, then unplug all the strips from the Smart Device. Then plug one strip into the Smart Device and start CAM. Check and see if the strip appears in CAM and the LEDs can be controlled. Repeat this for all the strips. If the strips are the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for replacement strips. Please state

10. Cam often Closed for no reason

I don't know since which version, but this is a problem I have for at least 6 months. On 2 different windows clean installation, cam is open, desktop is idling, I go gaming, then finding that the heat dissipation is low at the back.

Trying to figure out what's the issue, I am thinking of going into CAM to see why fans didn't kicked in, and I see that the software is off...

Often, every week, software is closed. It's running at windows startup, computer doesn't update for nothing. I have this issue with different CAM version, different windows clean…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. CAM Software freezes

The CAM software randomly freezes. This also freezes any lighting, such as audio sync. The only way I can get it to work again is buy ending task and processes in Task Manager and reopening. I am using the current (3.6.0) version. Did not have this issue on the version prior.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

12. just updated to 3.6 all lights went off on my fans!

As I updated to 3.6 lighting in fans just went off! When pc starts lights on fans are on! Once Cam loads they go off!!! WTF???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

13. Hello, I'm having a problem - the program does not see installed in the system block water cooling system Kraken X62 ...... body NZXT H700,

Hello, I'm having a problem - the program does not see installed in the system block water cooling system Kraken X62 ...... body NZXT H700i .Help please solve the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try these troubleshooting steps to see if CAM can detect the Kraken:

If you are using a Kraken X42/X52/X62/X72 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a mini to regular USB cable and route…

14. logo lights not working properly with smart settings

My system was working fine (not sure what version I was using) till last week when I updated to 3.6.0 where now the smart setting for CPU temperature dont work properly anymore. Now my logo just alternately flashes between 2 colours which dont represent the CPU temperature.
    I have updated to 3.6.3 and still have the same problem.
    Also, my fan profiles dont save whenever I turn my system off

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why your settings are not being saved correctly.

15. My CAM is making PC randomly crash. I can only bypass with a hard reset.

My CAM is making PC randomly crash. I can only bypass with a hard reset.

I have a beefy PC and the freezes are random. 90% of them are when Im not even gaming which is even wierder. Please fix this NZXT...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A new version of CAM has been released (version 3.6.0) where several of the currently known bugs have been taken care of. Please go to https://camwebapp.com/download to download it and verify if this fixes the issues you are experiencing.

Before installing, please fully uninstall the previous version of CAM, then delete the folder from C drive >> Program Files >> NTXT, and restart the computer before installing this one.

If your issues continue to occur, please inform us. Thank you, and sorry for the inconveniences.

16. asus rog strix b350-f gaming

asus rog strix b350-f gaming cannot install
    cam 3.6.5
    [img]https://www.img.in.th/images/8cf79bcd532406174a731ded88076e27.jpg[/img]

OS WIN 10 PRO 64BIT
    CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six
    VGA ASUS 1060GTX
    RAM 16GB
    SSD 250GB
    NZXT X62
    HELP

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fan speed issue

I have been encountering higher CPU temps lately and I realized that the GPU temps were about the same. Then I saw one of my radiator fans weren't even spinning. I had to change the fan profiles multiple times until I finally got it to work again. I still have the problem where my temps are going up to 80 degrees. Which never happened to me until a recent update a week or two ago. I'm worried my PC will overheat. I am using an NZXT Kraken x62 rev 2 with an 8700k.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For some setups, CAM has been reporting temperatures that are different from the actual temperature. This is being addressed in the next update (3.6.7) Thank you for reporting this.

If you encounter the issue where the radiator fan stops working again, please send us the logs to verify if CAM reports anything there.

18. Lighting not working through cam

All of my fans and Krakens light up through CAM, but some lighting modes will only work on three out of six fans and others will work across all of them, also the LED strips attached to the smart device dont seem to be showing up at all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, some light profiles can only work on some peripherals and not on others. Also, if you have multiple peripherals selected at the same time, the program will show you only the lighting profiles that can be activated for all the selected peripherals at the same time. Are all your fans the same model and version? Also, please update to 3.6.6, which includes many fixes to hardware detection and lighting. Thanks.

19. Can is useless now

YTou ball need to go back to flippin' burgers at Mc Donalds....you suck where it comes to software. Every time there is an update you screw up this software

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I understand your frustration, and am very sorry that you are experiencing this. Please send me a screenshot of what you mention, and the logs. If possible, upload them to a file sharing software and paste the link in a comment here. We are working out every issue that is reported as fast as we can.
    3.6.4 addressed the following issues:
    -GPU overclocking settings will now save correctly
    -Fixed CAM not auto-starting minimized
    -Fixed Hue+ audio mode with a single channel
    -Fixed toggle buttons for lighting channels
    -Reduced CPU usage when using audio mode
    -Gridplus settings will now save correctly

20. sempre peggio!!

i vecchi bug che avevo segnalato nel menù sono stati risolti, ora però ce nè uno peggiore, non mi fa più fare il login!! non so se è un problema solo in italia ma continua a uscirmi la scritta: "an error occurred while trying to comunicate with the server"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, when this happens, please close the program and re-open it. It should work again. If it doesnt, let me know so we can get in touch with you and review the logs.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base