CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. NZXT Kraken

Hello! CAM 3.6.2 and older versions of CAM can't seem to detect my Kraken x52. I've tried everything to fix this. Please help!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I don't know why but Your program started to shut down my kraken x62 pump.

I have threadripper 1950x and yesterday its temperature was growing up non stop. I realized that when Your cam software was starting, my pump instantly turned off. Uninstalled cam, everything is fine. I have Installed latest cam, problem appeared againg.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, I was asked by the devs to ask you to upgrade to 3.7.0 which is the latest update, by downloading from here: http://camwebapp.com/download/, and see if this fixes the issue.
    Concerning the Fan turning off after CAM opens,
    - Does it actually turn off or just run slow?
    - What setting do you currently have active?
    - Could you provide a screenshot of the software’s cooling tab?

Thanks.

3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cam can't read the temperature of HDD

After installing the update popped up last month, the Cam can't read the HDD components temp correctly which was functioned well before. Now, it only shows -1℃ and Min 999999℃, Max 0℃ all the time. Could you please fix it?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. hue + does not work in cam 3.6.3

hue + when turning on the computer it has the white leds but when it loads the app cam 3.6.3 hue + stops working, and the two channels of led strips go off, the hue + if it is recognized by cam but the channels are not visible

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

6. CAM reading temperatures wrong

Hello there!

I bought a Kraken X62 for my Ryzen 2700x but I'm having some issues with the CAM software reading the temps wrong. I've seen some posts here where CAM is reading the temps as too high, but my issue is the opposite, meaning the X62 isn't spinning up as it shuold be when my temps increase.

HWiNFO is currently reporting my Tdie temp as 78,6 degrees celcius, but CAM is reading it as 49 degrees.

My motherboard is a MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Johan

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Johan, the devs tell me that this issue will be fixed in the next update (3.6.7), sorry for the inconveniences.

7. 3.6 no gpu fan shut off

Please allow for 0% fan speed on GPU under a given temp!!!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

8. Cam software 3.6.1 not detecting Grid+ [Windows 10]

After update to 3.6.1 CAM software stopped detecting the Grid+ controller.

Doing "Remove Device" from "Devices and Printer" MCP2200 Serial port emulator and restarting the OS solves the problem temporarily, after the following restart the Grid+ stop being detected again

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I cannot sign in on Cam 3.6.0-3.6.1, and guest mode doesn't work

I cannot sign in on Cam 3.6.0-3.6.1. I'm sure my email address and password are both correct. It keep show invalid I don't know why? I can sign in on your site with the same account!

OK, I give up, but guest mode doesn't work, always stucks in 100%

SO DO YOU WANT ME TO USE CAM OR NOT?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

10. "Fastest" option causes X62 lights freeze

3.6.6 - Covering Marque, setting the lighting option to "Fastest" causes the LED's to freeze and then after a short while they turn off. All other lighting speed modes work fine.

Only "Fastest" freezes on my X62

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. cam no longer controls my GPU fans... another bad update

Cannot find setting to turn on any sort of GPU fan speed controler like last versions. CAM software keeps getting worse and worse and the support team literally never emails you back about any issues. Its a COMPLETE JOKE.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thank you for reporting the issues you are currently having. We are preparing a hotfix that will be published today which will take care of the hardware detection, Fan Curve temperature, Settings not saving or lost, and languages not displaying correctly issues. Please keep in mind that some issues only come up in specific builds and that is why sometimes we can not catch them while testing. Please continue to inform us if you find any other problems.

12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14. NZXT Aer RGB Fan Lights (Please Help)

Hello, I have 2 Aer RGB Fans 120mm and I tested them out of my pc and they worked fine with the CAM software after doing Firmware Updates. After that I put them in my case installed them correctly and they didnt work at all. So I took them out and tested only one of them. Now I have a problem where when I turn on my pc the one fan is lit up white and right when CAM loads in it turns off and it wont let me change the color or anything to it. I have already tried…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Caiden, sorry for the issues you are currently experiencing. Here are the solutions provided to me from our development team at the moment:

Please try each fan individually and see if any of them are defective. Exit out of CAM, then unplug all the fans from the HUE+. Then plug one fan into the HUE+, and start CAM. Check and see if the fan appears in CAM and the LEDs can be controlled. Repeat this for all the fans. If the fans are the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for replacement fans. Please state how many fans you have that is defective.

Also try using a different connection cable to connect the fans to the HUE+. The connection cable can sometimes cause issues as well. If the fan connection cable is the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support

15. All fans simultaneously stopped working. Smart device is blanked out in cooling menu. WTF?

Last night all of my fans stopped spinning at the same time, now my smart device is blanked out and isn't controlling the fans. No cables seem to be loose, have also tried taking the usb cables out and back in, tried taking power cable out of psu too. This is ridiculous, any ideas that will actually help?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. This update broke the lighting

Why remove all the options from the custom tab? The audio tab is broken too, can't even load any of the modes into my devices, it just stays in the previous mode I selected. Covering marquee is still broken too, first LED of the chain flickers between the colors you selected, it's awful. Please fix this guys, I was about to purchase a package of the Hue Extension strips and an H700i case to upgrade from my previous stuff but this update (along with some past ones but mostly this one) seriously made me reconsider this decision. Are you guys…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. FPS overlay not working in world of warcraft , jurrassic world : evolution , the division , ghost recon : wildlands , pubg......... fix this

FPS overlay not working in world of warcraft , jurrassic world : evolution , the division , ghost recon : wildlands , pubg......... fix this horrid bit of software

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The overlay requires DirectX Runtime to be installed.
    Please install DX Runtime and then restart your PC and see if the overlay works. The link below will take you to the download site for the installer.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Also make sure that you have tried manually enabling the overlay with the short keys (Shift + O). These shortcut keys can be changed from settings in CAM as well.

If the instructions above does not work please let us know which games the overlay is not working on.

Also, some games have an anti-cheat mechanism which can sometimes conflict with the CAM FPS overlay. We are currently working to fix this issue with many companies, but it is a process which takes some time and communication between the developer and NZXT.

18. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please provide us with the logs found in the following folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

You can upload them to pastebin or any other file sharing program and link them here.

19. DAMN not saving, cant access FPS overlay in guest mode horrible FIX it 3.5.9 worked fine all after CRAP

as described up top LOL unreal kraken x61 here, also computer tech so dont u dare tell me to reinstall or check my connections or any troubleshooting ur software is screwing crap up and u need to make available older versions for archive and compatibility purposes, also stop tagging FIXED in change logs if have not confirmed it also can damage peoples computers

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify any logged issues.

20. Cam Resets the GPU settings if I Use Cam login

I use CAM 3.6.2 for my CPU.
    Everty time I use CAM an I use the login in cam, it resets my GPU overclocking.
    If I dont use the login in CAM, the CAM saves not the settings. For examle he notiyfied me if the CPU tempature goes over 80 grad celsius.

Please dont chane anything in my GPU settings!!!
    Please fix it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please go to “Settings” >> “General” >> and click on “Do not detect drive info”. This will stop checking your HD and remove the noises.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base