CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why this is happening. Thank you.

2. 100% load on startup

100% load on startup
    I thought my gpu is dead after booting up to windows, ui is so laggy. I thought my ssd is dead too though I checked cam and it showed 100%gpu load on bootup but not on task manager. No gpu intensive apps where not running at the time. So I decided to uninstall it and reboot and it did it. No more ui lags like moving the mouse pointer shows lag, refreshing shows lag, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Ezequiel, would you please send us your PC specifications, including OS and Hardware, and the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues and run tests with a similar setup?

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

Thank you for your cooperation and time.

3. hue + does not work in cam 3.6.4. kraken x72 without rgb

hue + when turning on the computer it has the white leds but when it loads the app cam 3.6.4 hue + stops working, and the two channels of led strips go off, the hue + if it is recognized by cam but the channels are not visible. besides the light of the kraken x72 I can only program the colors of the ring but not the letters nzxt

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, in the latest versions (3.6.4 and 3.6.5) you can modify ring and logo separately. If you do not have this option, please send us a screenshot of your lighting section so we can verify it. Concerning Hue+ not working after CAM loads, please verify that it is not set to off, since before CAM loads, lights have to be white but after CAM loads, it loads the saved settings.

4. GTX 980ti overclock not working well in current version of cam

I just installed the latest version of cam a couple of days ago and now I can't control my fans in the over-clocked settings.

I am using a GTX 980ti and now it is running really hot no matter what I try setting the fan speeds to.

I'd also like to mention that the overclock settings for the fan speeds graph does not save anymore for some reason. Is there/ will there be a fix for this soon?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

5. Updated to 3.6.6, my cooling tab has gone away

My cpu runs noticeably hotter, 8-10 degrees Celsius, now that I can't control fan speeds to cool the liquid in the radiator better.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, if the cooling tab is gone, it might be that CAM is not detecting the cooling hardware that you have connected. Please try these troubleshooting steps and let us know if it works for you.

If you are using a Kraken X31/X41/X61 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our…

6. Guest Mode in 3.6.2 does not keep fan/rgb settings after reboot.

It used to work just fine until 3.5.9. Got broken in 3.6 and you promised to fix it in 3.6.2 but it only works when you sign in. In guest mode settings are not saved. I've tried on another PC and same problem.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stop the stupid GPU over 80 degrees notification by default. Why do I have to disable it myself after every single update

Stop the stupid GPU over 80 degrees notification by default. Why do I have to disable it myself after every single damned update (and log me out to make matters worse)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. CAM 3.6.x broke the H700i Smart Device again...

For the past few months of CAM 3.5.9, CAM has worked perfectly, before that there were many issues of which there was no solution until the 3.5.9 update. None of the NZXT USB driver solutions or fresh installs or even new Smart Device units solved the issue. Now CAM 3.6.x brings the problems back again. Smart Device is not detected so I have no control over fan curves, lighting or even seeing all my fan channels.

3.6.1 brought the issue of no longer being able to control 1 out of three of my fan channels.

3.6.2 made the problem worse…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue is continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

10. Using two X42 (CPU and GPU) is like playing the lottery.

I have to restart my PC several times to get both Kraken detected, and, because there is no way to rename them it's impossible to know which is the one working.

Using the latest update (3.6.5), tried reinstalled drivers, switching USB headers, praying to the Virgin Mary, nothing works, I'm getting tired guys.

We need this software to be rock solid, we need answers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry to hear that Jaime, could you please send us your program logs so we can verify if any issues were logged?
    Thanks.

11. CAM doesn't load at all

Hi,

So I just downloaded CAM v3.6.5 (first time CAM user here), after installing and restarting my machine, the app did not show up or open at all. I tried a normal uninstall and restarted, then installed and restarted again. The same thing.

I can see 2 instances of "CAM" running in my task manager, but there is nothing showing up on my desktop or taskbar. When I launch the shortcut, I can see a third instance of "CAM" in my task manager quickly show up then instantly disappear.

I can't get the software to open at all. I also…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mike, please update to 3.6.6 and if your issue continues to happen on this version, send us the logs found in the following folder so we can review them:

Thanks.

12. BSOD's when running adaptive function

Various BSOD's when trying to run adaptive initial tests

Brand new build
    i7-8700k
    gtx 1080
    strix mobo
    G-skill trident Z 32Gb

all hardware have lastest bios/drivers

using an NZXT Grid V3

unable to run CAM as it automatically commences adaptive testing and BSOD's when entering load

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please update to version 3.6.7 by downloading from here: https://camwebapp.com/download/

I’d suggest uninstalling the previous version before installing the new version as a clean install rather than updating it.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved after this.

Thanks.

13. Still Consistent Crashes.

Not even a hour after I got the update and restarted my computer to get a fresh start of CAM that the software crashed on me, effectively rendering just about all of my cooling options in my PC null. I can't keep having this issue happen otherwise I have just paid for an incredibly expensive 3 lb brick that can't do anything but give off cool colors. If I wanted that I would have just bought a brick and attached RGB strips to it, it would have much cost less and done about the same. The main different between the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

14. WTF

Cam 3.6.4 with Kraken x62 here ! Icon for lightning and monitoring fan are gone !!!!

WTF with you guys ?!?!

I can't do NOTHING, Kraken led is white and can't change it, same for the speed fan, the menu are gone....

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello sir, please follow these instructions to see if your computer is currently not detecting the Kraken.

If you are using a Kraken device and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.
    If you do not see any…

15. cam 3.6.6 lighting and smart problem.

If i using lighting in kraken on logo "NZXT" with option "SMART" and "CPU temperature" that cause problem with CAM and KRAKEN.

After some time of use this option, CAM stops read actual values like: TEMP, LOAD, CLOACK SPEED, FAN SPEED etc... and cam stops detecting kraken.

Restart cam dont help, i need restart PC. and this problem coming back

I have this problem on all version cam from 3.0.2 to 3.6.6

Some 1 can confirm this? I don't know my kraken or cam is broken.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Stop the madness!

This will be the 3rd time I have to completely rebuild my CAM config in a little more than a week. It started with 3.6.2 (i think), lost fan curves and lighting profiles... rebuilt. CAM updated to address settings sync issue, pulled some of previous config back but fan curves overwritten to default, rebuilt. Had to reboot my machine last night... logged in, all CAM settings wiped... again, said F!!K it and went to bed. Logged in today, saw CAM update available, ran update, still no settings... will rebuild again because your software team is still incompetent and I'm getting…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello sir, we are very sorry for the inconveniences this has caused you. As of version 3.6.4 and now 3.6.5 this issue was fixed. If you continue to have an issue with this, please let us know so we can verify if there is an issue with your account in particular. But there should be no more problems.

17. CAM not showing information in game (CAM overlay)

I installed CAM on my surface pro 2017 with a Intel Core i7-7660U, and on the app it correctly displays the temperature of both of the cores, and all other information (except for the fan speed, which is not detected).
    My problem is when entering a game the only information it displays are FPS and average FPS, even if I try to add CPU temperature, memory, VRAM, or even time... I'm not sure if it's a compatibility problem, I have tried on multiple games and the problem is the same..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

18. my cam dont have the list in the left hand side

my cam dont have the list in the left hand side
    please help

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. La iluminación CAM no funciona

Tengo 2 ventiladores RGB NZXT conectados al HUE + y tengo la RL x42. Desde CAM no puedo cambiar el color de los ventiladores, sin embargo, de la RL si.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

20. NZXT Kraken

Hello! CAM 3.6.2 and older versions of CAM can't seem to detect my Kraken x52. I've tried everything to fix this. Please help!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base