CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. Lignting not programable

Just downloaded upgrade and immediately the problem began, hand to close and reopen app in order to see the 'Lighting' icon and then once highlighting same there was no 'There There' and I am unable to program the lighting.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

2. Fans shut off when cam opens

I have a h700i case that I recently built in. I installed the cam software, and ran the benchmark tests and everything. I noticed though, that every time cam is opened now, all of my case fans shut off. This is a very big issue, as my cpu overheats, and I cannot continue. Please respond with reasons of why this happens.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please update to the latest CAM software (currently 3.7.0, found here: http://camwebapp.com/download/).

I’d also suggest uninstalling the previous version first before installing 3.7.0.

Once the program is updated, please verify what setting you currently have in the cooling tab and try changing it to be fixed 100% or Performance and let us know if the fans react to this. (It is possible that your fans shut off because the setting could be in Silent). If this is not the case, please let us know so we can get in touch with you via Email so that you can send us the logs.

Thanks.

3. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please update to the latest version of CAM (found here: http://camwebapp.com/download/) and try these troubleshooting options.
    Let me know if they help. If not, also let me know so we can verify your logs.
    If you are using a Kraken X42/X52/X62/X72 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see…

4. hue + does not work after the update 3.6.1

hue + not working im update cam to version 3.6.1 and press detect devices and hue+ still not detect

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

5. cant install newest update

Like in the topline. I just can skip the newest update for CAM. Klicking "update" does not work. Nothing happens. This is very low!
    Let me guess, i have to uninstall CAM and install the newest version? -.-

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. CAM too buggy. Startup / Login fails all the time. Does not save settings local account.

Fix it. It's been far too long for this buggy software too be this buggy

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. LED strips not detected on n7 motherboard

I've just recently finished a build using NZXT's n7 motherboard, and my LED strips are not detected by CAM software despite them lighting up (in the default white). I'm currrently using both LED headers on the board, with two LED strips attached to each header. I've completed builds with this same set up before with no trouble, so I would like to know what the problem is

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why this is happening. Thank you.

8. 3.6.3 Still have problems

There is still a problem with the lightning in fix 3.6.3.
    If i set the "RING" to Coverring Marguee and choose the coloers blue and green, that works. But as soon as i open a game it turns red, when I close the game, it works again.
    My specs are:
    Kraken X62
    Color profile is default.
    Mode is Coverring Marguee
    The setting is Preset. (And not the SMART where is changes due to the temp.
    So please fix this CAM again...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please verify that under the “GAME” tab the setting “Automatically enable this mode when running” is not selected.

9. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

10. Not Saving Lighting Profiles Across Update

First of all, this is NOT fixed even after many claims that this was fixed on other issue threads. I know this because I just updated CAM and all of my lighting profiles are gone! it happened last time as well, and last time support told me the same thing, " This should be fixed in update (insert most recent update at the time)". I spend a lot of time on my lighting profiles and I would rather not lose them every time you want to change how your program works. Its currently on version 3.6.0, If I update this…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Absolute nightmare software - 3.6.2 bugs

After today's "hotfix" meant to address the issue with lighting profiles not saving, this issue still exists. Additionally I haven't been able to login using any method since 3.5.

Please, for the love of god, remake this program from scratch using actual programmers.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good afternoon, thank you for informing us of your issue. If you would be so kind as to please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

Send them to the email maximo.castro[at]nzxt.com.

Thank you for your cooperation and time, and sorry for the inconveniences you are currently experiencing.

12. Can't change language on version 3.6.2

When updated to version 3.6.2 , Can't choose language on Settings.
    Only can choose English.
    Reinstall 3 times CAM 3.6.2 still same.

The old version does not have this problem.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Not remebering profiles, changing GUI colour and not logging in..

Hi, Just updated to 3.6.0, Now it wont remember custom profiles, or the GUI colour after every reboot it reverts back to the default profiles and colours. I have tried uninstalling, deleting or known NZXT files and doing a fresh install, nothing has changed...Also wont remember login details after every reboot.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. v3.6.5 literally just as broken as 3.6.4 and 3.6.3 and so on.

Still have no setting for my Kraken lighting in the CAM software. Can't even turn it off. It's just forever stuck on the default blue. Not even going to mention all the other issues people are having.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

15. Cant get my lighting tab

I dont have my lighting tab in my cam software. i've reinstalled it and i've also unplugged it from the mobo. also i have restarted my computer. ive even tried disableing HDD i need help please im trying to get a good theme going in my pc.

i would like if possible to go back to a later version of CAM software.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, are the lights being detected by your computer? Do they light up as white or blue or just stay off?

What version of CAM are you currently using?

Please let us know, thanks.

16. 3.6.1 Liquid Temp Missing?

I just updated to 3.6.1 with an X72 and can no longer find the liquid temp. Is it gone or am I just not seeing it?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. light off in cam

i don't have light off in cam i test version 3.6.7 or 3.5.9
    fan service ok
    pump ok
    light no work
    camm detect kraken

i open ticket ticket in nzxt no good solution
    when i see device manager driver is owner driver of windows 10 1803
    not asetek or nzxt usb driver

i have test many answer in this forum and other but no solution(unplug usb,install driver with .inf file)

i don't change driver windows 10and driver is date to 2006...

i search good driver for light usb in windows 101803

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, I’m sorry but I don’t fully understand. Did you change the part and now the new one works? or did you change the part and the new one does not work either?

18. Stars minimized and Ring color custom not working

Cam fails alot, doesnt detect the ring color when I select a custom mode
    Just the preset one or the audio, game or smart
    and I dont like that takes alot to start up, sometimes it opens even I selected the "Start minimized" and If I dont open it the colors just stay white,Have to open it in order to get my settings applied

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please try resetting your password to be able to log in. If you have already done this and still have issues, please provide us with your program logs so we can verify any reported issues.

20. Uninstalled CAM and it deleted all other software and games in the same folder. Your software is bad.

Everything installed in the same folder is gone, how does that even happen? Whoever coded this does not know what they are doing.

I uninstalled to try and get it to see my Kraken x60 and it does this. God. job.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please allow me to clear something up. Are you saying that you uninstalled CAM and it deleted other programs that were installed in the Program Files (x86) folder? Or did you have some games installed within the CAM folder and it deleted those games?

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base