CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. Adaptive Stuck at 100% CAM 3.7.4

Got an h700i with a smart device/hue2/krakenx72 set up, all was well until I tried the adaptive noise reduction calibration.

After going through calibration I hit update and now CAM is stuck at 100% for "We are determining the optimal settings for your system".

Can't adjust fans at all anymore through CAM because it's still just hanging. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well as installing an older version of CAM, 3.5.88, and then updating and neither worked.

The last few lines of the dated log in C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs is:

2019-01-11 11:28:22:CAMV2.Settings.DrivesPage/UpdateUI:C:\Windows\System32\drivers\SiLib.sys- at System.Diagnostics.FileVersionInfo.GetVersionInfo(String fileName)
    at CAMV2.Settings.DrivesPage.UpdateUI(MyComputer data)
    2019-01-11…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Congrats on screwing up everything possible on the last update.

Yeah, you guys broke it.
    Don't release updates without testing them please.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

3. cam not starting because off Maxmemory error .

cam software not starting because off Maxmemory error . what is this again??

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. fans no rpm and 0 watt

the program worked correctly, but now it no longer shows fan speed and power consumption.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. CAM devices have not been detected for months...

I'm starting to regret buying my NZXT CAM more and more every day... It has been months since I have been able to control them. They are just not being detected by the software. I've reinstalled different versions of CAM way too many times and rebooted my PC, but just NOTHING helps. Yes I have the latest version 3.5.90.
    I wish I had never updated from CAM 3.2 and never updated the firmware, everything worked fine in late 2016, but after that it became worse and worse and more features started disappearing.

Please tell me that there is a remedy…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Exalerion, I have emailed you several times trying to schedule a call with one of our devs but have not received any reply.

6. Ryzen 3700x Temperature sensor problem

Cam 3.77 cant read the Temp from the CPU. Cam shows fixed 50c and the fans control want work.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cam won"t detect my Kraken x72 anymore.

For the last few days cam has stopped showing my Kraken AIO cooler. I've updated cam, installed the asetek software, and uninstalled and reinstalled cam and it still isn't working.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New install of CAM 3.7.4 stuck at authenticating

just downloaded newest version of cam available after previous one kept freezing. now i cannot even get logged in. every time i enter my login it just sits at authenticating endlessly. i have tried reinstalling 4 times. you guys and your shit software are going to fry my cpu!!!

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. CAM Autostart Login Failed

Every morning I start my PC and CAM autostarts, used to login fine first 2-3 weeks had literally 0 issues with the software.
    However, to this day I have to manually login EVERY, SINGLE, MORNING, because CAM says "failed to login" for some unknown reason. All my details are correct as I login manually every day but the automatic login is failed by CAM almost every single day now.

I've never had so many issues with ANY PC component and their included controllers in my life as I have had with NZXT products.
    1 of my 4 AER 140 fans…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Eats more RAM than Cortana and not true backround mode.

I'm mean not true backround mean example graphics software they opens at backround you wont fell it until you see on taskbars hidden area.And eats less ram compare open full program.But CAM instead opens program full when windows start and I can see on taskbar it opens it.I don't want to see that I want this CAM opens like light backround usage and if I open program then full program get run.And the program wont load my custom fan profile until I'm open program. Please fix this issues.
    King regards.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make CAM great (again?) V2

For the people who asks "V2 ??" : https://support.camwebapp.com/forums/252256-cam-bugs/suggestions/32227912-make-cam-great-again

-------

I'm back 9 months later with the latest version of CAM (I don't update really often because, well, it was working great) BUT there is a few things that aren't as good as it should.

First, I can give you a point for the French translations, they are wayyyyy better than before, but you're still stupid when it comes to translate "Load" (on the home screen) to "Chargement" which means literally "Loading" (WTF ?), your CPU, GPU, RAM, aren't f*cking games ! I can help you for that, "Charge" would…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Screen Power off & Sleep won't work with CAM on.

With CAM open in the system tray my screen will not turn off or enter sleep mode automatically after the times I set.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. v3.5 less Led Sync Options than v3.35

The new update is kind of frustrating. The options for the Led lighting is less than in the previous Version. No Marquee oder Candle light or something else. You have only the full option in the single Channel mode. And at some modes you cant change the colors, because there is only a default preset and you can't add a custom profile. Please fix it. An update should be better than the previous Version.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Eric Lam responded

Hi there, this issue seems to be that you are trying to adjust your lighting in sync mode. Can you try going into your HUE+ channel and see if you have all the options available?

14. Can't Login to NZXT Account

I am told my password is incorrect every time. Even after changing it.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    89 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Kraken x61 not detected v3.5.80

my X61 was detected by cam fine when I origionally built my system in 2014 with windows 7. Upon doing the free windows 10 upgrade cam still had no issues detecteding the x61. I have however done a complete fresh reinstall of windows 10 and CAM will now not detect my x61, the device manager finds the 690LC however will not let me update/install a driver.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, sorry for the inconveniences you are experiencing with our software.

If you are using a Kraken X31/X41/X61 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.
    If you do not see any these devices then that means that…

16. GPU/CPU TEMP INCREASE WITH NEW UPDATE

I updated CAM yesterday and immediately noticed that my CPU & GPU temps where on average 10-15c hotter than prior to the update. I’ve never received a temp warning until after this update. I only play two games, fortnite and PUBG. I have a gigabyte Aorus 1080ti and 8700k. Anyone else noticing a temperature increase according to CAM since the update?

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Unable to change Kraken x62 Lighting

I have not been able to change/update my Kraken X62 lighting after upgrading to Cam 3.7.4. Please help.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. what is wrong with u guys?!!!!! cmon!!!????

Yesterday i updated cam software , due to this update i lost all of my custom profiles... so i had to set them up again wich was a pain in the ass. And now today i load up the "awesome" cam software and guess what its GONE AGAIN!!!!!!! , how many times do i have to set up my custom profile till it actually SAVES ? Cause right now this is really a pain in the ass, coming from such a big company , well im dissappointed, thats all i can say

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

19. Lighting broken on latest update 3.6.0

Latest version of CAM (3.6.0) does not detect the lighting on my Kraken. Both my Kraken and Grid firmware say V0 when going to Gear Icon > About Cam > Component Firmware Version

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

20. cam mobile not working

my cam mobile writes please download or update to latest CAM and login on your PC for usingyour android app cam wersion on PC is 3.6.5 and on my mobile I have the latest version android version is 7.1.1

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base