CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. hue+ and kraken sync mode

The speed of all sync mode effects are not synced between my hue+ with 4 led strips and 3 aer fans and my kraken x52, they sync the effects but the speed of the effects is not synced, firmware on kraken x52 v2.0.1.8 and hue+ v4.3.2 with cam version 3.3.4, windows 10

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    19 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Eric Lam responded

Hi there, we are aware of this issue that our sync mode and our timing can be improved. This will be looked into. Thanks for the feedback!

2. PC hard Freezing using CAM Software

So about 5 weeks ago I built my new PC.

So I have been running windows 10, with booting cam on startup. And for weeks the freezing problem haunted me, I tried everything to figure it out from Memtest(over 16h) to endless benchmarking and stress testing software. Updating Bios, reformatting and pretty much updating every driver I could find. And recently I have not been starting cam on startup and my pc is fine, I can leave it on all week with no issues.

The freezes that I used to have however did not occur instantly, it could take a…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    64 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

3. GPU Fan Speed is --

With latest NVIDIA drivers 416.16 NZXT Cam doesn't show Fan Speed (always --).

https://i.imgur.com/9oguE0X.png

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    25 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. CAM ANR stuck at 100% optimisation

Cam stuck at 100% optimisation in ANR and wont let me change fan profiles manually.

I have tried what other users have suggested and uninstalled cam and removed all NZXT regedits

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Please download or Update to latest CAM and Login on your PC for using your Android App"

Android app is up to date, and I am logged in, yet this is all I can ever get :( Tried on several phones, same thing

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good afternoon, sorry for the inconveniences you are experiencing with your CAM mobile. The login is currently very slow, we are working on fixing this as soon as possible.

A few weeks back we had an issue where you could not log in at all, but that has been fixed already. If you have a different issue, please let us know so we can verify as well.

Thank you for your cooperation.

6. an error occurred while trying to communicate with the server

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm getting the same error when trying to login it says "An error occurred while trying to communicate with the server, it all started when I updated to 3.6.6.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, sorry for the late response to this issue. Is this happening after Automatic Startup following Windows Start or while opening CAM after Windows has loaded? Also, when this issue occurs, please try closing CAM from the notification area, and then opening again. Let us know if this helps. We are doing further investigation into this issue at the time.

7. IOS App logs in but displays nothing

IOS app installs ok and logs in fine. But displays nothing ?

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Eric Lam responded

Hi there, we’ll be launching a new update for the mobile app in a couple of weeks that should resolve these issues.
    Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for the cooperation.   

8. 3.7.3 GPU fans read --%

In the latest 3.7.3 GPU fans read --% I have a RTX 2080. The previous version worked fine. The fans are spinning as normal and EVGA Precision X1 is detecting the speeds ok.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. CAM not support radeon VII

Unfortunately CAM is not support Radeon VII. I have Phantom Gaming X Radeon VII 16G and Kraken 62 with CAM. CAM do nor show clock speed load is show usually O%. From time to time only 100%. I have never see FTP on my screen - every thing is switch on.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. CAM 3.7.4. HUE+ not working anymore

Hello! I'm using CAM 3.7.4 and even after several install the software will not recognize HUE+...
    Sometimes it doesn't even recognize Grid V2 , I don't know what to do anymore, tried everything...

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. lights and fans aren't being detected

CAM is not detecting my lights nor my fans for my h500i case. Therefore i am not able to control my fan speed or my lights.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. CAM Resetting ANR Profile after not detecting Smart Device

Occasionally, the CAM 3.6.3 will fail to detect the Smart Device built into my NZXT H700i. When it does, it presents me with an error:

"We have detected a change in your fan configuration and have reset your ANR profile."

Usually a reboot will fix the issue of the Smart Device not being detected. Unfortunately, this somehow results in my LED settings and Fan curves being deleted even though I'm logged in and my fan curves should be saved in the cloud. I've already had to totally redo all of my setting several times because of this. The instances where…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Installed v3.6.0 - Not happy.

Installed v3.6.0 upgrading from v3.5.9 - Not happy. How is it, that you can push an update that "fixes" things and in general is supposed to improve the software but instead completely fucks over one of the most important parts of the software..... the custom fan profiles. These are now broken, the customization slider dots are out of bounds beyond 55c. They are stuck at 100% fans at temps beyond 55c and I absolutely am furious, because I don't need my fucking PC sounding like a jet engine when my CPU temps are only at 60-65c when gaming. I'm uninstalling…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

14. oom command not allowed when used memory NOT LOGIN

Not login to cam app anymore
    oom command not allowed when used memory

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. CAM software v 3.7.3 GPU fan is --%

it shows my GPU fan --% .my GPU is RTX 2080

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cam won't show temp, load, clock or fan for my rx 5700xt

I wanted to use cam to monitor my cpu and gpu while I game and it won't tell me anything about my AMD RX 5700XT.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 5700 XT not showing up correctly

THe GPU appears in CAM, but under temp, load, clock speed, and fan speed, the number is just "--"

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3.6.2 update and Custom fan profile, pulling my hair out with fanspeed being locked at 100% AT ONLY 55c and no way of altering.

What on earth is wrong with the latest update and the custom fan profile?? The idea of custom means it's totally custom. Even the hotfix that was pushed out on 20'07/2018 (today) has not fixed this issue. Why can I not lower than fan speed from the locked 100% at 55c?? this is driving me insane, I dont want a damn 747 jumbo jet sitting next to me hovering when my cpu temp is at a low of 55c. You should only need 100% fan speed if the CPU gets to around 85c not 55c.

Come on, test this software…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

19. Lighting channels are always linked

Kraken ring and logo are always linked with smart device led strips. Every change I make on one always affects the others even if the channels are deselected and/or turned off.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, I am informed by the devs that if the Custom profile has the same name in both the ring and the logo, the changes you make to one will affect the other. If you wish to have them do things independently, please give them more descriptive names such as “Breathing blue” and “Pulse red” or something along those lines. If the issue continues to happen even doing this, please let me know so we can get in touch with you to verify the logs. Thanks.

20. Cam temperature not moving

Cam is not updating temperature. Stuck at 50c. Using new Ryzen 9 3900x on a x570 motherboard.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base