CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. Cam Not Detecting Led.s

Using the n7 mobo and for the first 4 months it has detected the 2 led strips i have installed. With no changes, CAM no longer detects led/s, nor does it even show an option for them. I have tried unplugging them and starting without, then shutting down and plugging them in again and turning it on again. Nothing has worked.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

2. HDD detection enable cause Hard Drive making wired noise

version 3.6.1

hard drive: seagate ironwolf 6tb

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please go to “Settings” >> “General” >> and click on “Do not detect drive info”. This will stop checking your HD and remove the noises.

3. 3.6.3 freezing up until reboot

After a couple of minutes the software locks up. as it is setup to control my fans these lock too which causes overheating at potential damage. This situation is getting ridiculous now as I only had the loading issues with 3.5.9. Ive even done a fresh install of win 10. Basically my pc is now unusable for gaming!!!!! NZXT you really need to sort this! ASAP

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

4. Latest CAM software no longer starts minimized

This feature use to work. When I updated to 3.6.2. The feature is broken. CAM no longer starts up minimized even when the option is checked on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Nvme drive repport wrong temperature

The last update work great ,only have one issue it had a bug reporting nvme drive temperature. I own a samsung 960 and a western digital wds512g10c both reporting at -1c. My 4 other sata drive report the temperature properly,it seems to be related to nvme drive only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. DISK NO degrees. Always show "-"

CAM cannot show disk degrees.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. h400i rgb strip problem

Only one led works in the given led strip and it only shows green

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Kingston, sorry for the inconveniences you are currently experiencing.

Here are the possible solutions that have been provided to me.

Smart Device LED Strips
    If you are using a Smart Device and CAM is detecting the device but the LEDs on the strips do not light up or is lighting up in abnormal colors.
    Please be sure to check if all the strips are properly aligned. The arrow on the connection cable should be pointed to the 5V on the strip. If you are using any extension cables please check those as well.
    Please try each strip individually and see if any of them are defective. Exit out of CAM, then unplug all the strips from the Smart Device. Then plug one strip into the Smart Device and start CAM. Check and see if the strip appears in CAM and the LEDs can be controlled. Repeat this

8. Using CAM and getting results for cpu and ram but not seeing fan speeds for GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750)

Not seeing fan speed for NVIDIA GTX 750, and load shows at 100%. is there any way to get the fan speed to register on this ap? and is 100% load normal?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, would you be able to send us a screenshot of your dashboard and your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues:

Thank you for your cooperation and time.

9. "CPU Fan speed error detected" after latest update(s)

After installing the latest updates (I think there were 2 updates, right?) my computer now gets the "CPU Fan speed error detected" when booting. The first update was installed normally (but deleted my preferences as others have pointed out), but the second one took ages to install (which I found strange). Today when I started my computer, surprise, it won't start: "CPU Fan speed error detected". I don't think this is a coincidence. NZXT, please help!

I have a X62 on an Asus Z270E motherboard (I guess the rest of the components are irrelevant).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

10. Wrong temperature shown

Cam cpu temperature freezes.
    Ryzen 1700X.
    shows an idle temp of 44°C which is correct.
    Once I run Prime95 and all cores go to 100% load, HwInfo shows 77°
    **** shows 46°C and the temperature is frozen at this value, until I close Prime. Then it instantly goes back to 44°C even though HwInfo still reports 60°C (which is slowly cooling down).

I can't use the CPU Fan curves at all because the cpu temperatures are wrong.

It nearly triggered a emergency shutdown, because the fans only go to higher speeds when temperature is over 70°C which according to ***…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this. We are implementing a fix for the incorrect reading of temperatures in the next update (3.6.7) sorry for the inconveniences.

11. Fan Speeds and setting doesn't save

It's great and all, to save settings on cloud, because you have to do it once and they are saved forever. Problem is, I would much rather have it save on my pc, since I have to do it almost every time I restart a pc now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cam isn't starting minimized even when checked. Overlay isn't working on BF1

Overlay worked while BF1 started in window mode for the first time. Once changed to fullscreen no more overlay. Doesn't matter if it's manually turned on as that does absolutely nothing. Also when starting the computer cam logs in and then the window is displayed even though the box is checked to start it minimized.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Incorrect temps for GPU when maximized

When maximized, the GPU max/min temp is incorrectly reported to be identical to the CPU max/min temp. When not maximized, the GPU max/min temp is reported correctly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good day. Those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

15. New update not allowing me to change my fans from silent to performance

after this new update it crashes when I try to agree to the terms, I reopen it and login in then when I try to change my fan preferences it gets stuck on silent when I normally run it performance, I've deleted and reinstalled about 4 times and nothing fixes it. All I want to do is change my fan preference. Cause right now my Cpu cooler is running really hard to cool my cpu down.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

16. Progarm problem

Hi, i got 2 hue hub i cant manually control both it just sync as one cause i got 2 led strip and 6 nzxt fan. already separate it to 2 led strip to one chl 4 fan to one chl and the last 2 to one chl. the last 2 fan i cant seem to control it. please help fix this issue

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, what type of setting are you trying to do in the different channels? Please describe it with as much detail as possible so we can see how to help you. Thanks.

17. CAM still not working.

CAM still not working, latest version. Been like this for 1 week. Kraken is not found. I can't change fans speed, light, nothing. I don't see any updates, nothing. Should i burn my kraken and buy something else?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, here are some troubleshooting tips.
    If you are using a Kraken X42/X52/X62/X72 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a mini to regular USB cable and route it to the back of your case to…

18. Minicam temperatures are more than double full sized interface.

Temperature in full sized interface seem ok, switch to minicam, and it's way past boiling point!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. fan speed gauge Cam 3.6.4

New cam 3.6.4 Kraken x64 fan speed gauge reads wrong. The gauge would register 3/4 full at 450-500 rpm. Until I push the fans when the cpu heats up, only after doing so and then letting it idle down will it show the, I guess somewhat correct position on the gauge.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3.6.6 Fan and pump issues

When changing a fan or pump profile, both pause out before either one takes affect. Before they take affect there is a delay where everything slows. Even if you have fans at 100% and then change the pump profile, the fans will almost stop. I'm guessing the pump profile sets once the fans ramp back up. The delay makes me loose trust in this software to monitor and respond to my system as needed. Please fix this issue. Also, make the default temp be CPU and not liquid. We look for CPU for the changes in temp more so than…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base