CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. omg i don't understand why Release Program that's so unstable?

plz fix this :(

this new update will not keep saved setting what so ever and it crashes.

why relas patch that's not tested? i don't understand

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello sir, we are very sorry for the inconveniences this has caused you. As of version 3.6.4 and now 3.6.5 this issue was fixed. If you continue to have an issue with this, please let us know so we can verify if there is an issue with your account in particular. But there should be no more problems.

2. 3.6.4

Cam overlay isnt working for me. ive tried turning it off and on,reinstalling cam.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

4. Settings wiped AGAIN

I thought my wiped setting was going to be solved. I got the system to stop wiping my settings, or so I had thought. Had my headphones on and playing an intensive game and then take my headphones off and hear my fans being whisper quiet. MY SETTINGS HAD BEEN WIPED AND MY SYSTEM WAS HOT AS HELL AGAIN BECAUSE IT SET EVERYTHING TO SILENT. Also why can I no longer see the temp speed of my Kraken? I can set the fans by liquid but cant see the liquid temp? why?

At this rate, I am just going to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, if this happens again, please let us know which version of CAM you are using and what your PC specs are so we can verify what caused the settings wipe. Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience.

5. Incorrect CPU usage

CPU usage is showing as high as 90% in the CAM software. Task manager shows 8%. I have the newest updates installed and temps are at 30C. I have had my pc running for 45 minutes, if my CPU was at this load temps would definitely be higher

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

6. Temps with v 3.6.3

I have an 8700K with MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC board, and all the labels for board temperatures are missing (not showing what it is, only Temperature repeating on each entry), and my Samsung SSD 960 EVO m.2 Nvme drive shows a current temp of -1 degree C. It does not seem correct and I think it used to work before the latest slew of updates. Any idea on a fix?
    Thx, GRC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. new cam software causing major instability

The new software update is causing major headaches for my computer. I have the version 3.6.2, and before the update, my computer was running tip top shape. Update comes around, opening programs causes instability, changing settings in the software causes the program to freeze constantly, settings wont save. What the hell did you guys ship out? This is pathetic

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the update. We have made many more improvements with version 3.6.6, please update to that version and if you have any further issues let us know. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

8. settings, lights, min/max temps.

-Min/Max display on the dashboard are fixed at CAM startup, cant get them to show accurate temps.
    -the lights on the pump refuse to sync.
    -my custom settings were erased with the new patch, thanks for that, your settings dont like to change or save. i have to restart my comp several times to get each fan and pump to acctually react to the settings changes. pumps will pitch up then pitch back down when switching to a different fan.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

9. Grid V3+ not remembering settings on Windows reboot

Running 3.6.3 and my fan settings reset every time i restart my computer. Custom profiles gone and all fans are set to silent. Fan names are lost also, so no settings are being remembered. I removed old versions of CAM before i installed this version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

10. I don't even know where to start.

Literally one week removed from the worst update to CAM yet, NZXT is back at it again WITH THE SAME DAMN ISSUES.

How in tf can you literally have an update one week ago where you got straight destroyed on your forums, to basically launching the same update one week later with a different version # attached to it.

I ONCE AGAIN can't change my lighting on my X41, and not only can I not change the lighting, THE DAMN OPTION TO DO SO IS JUST STRAIGHT UP MISSING FROM THE SOFTWARE AGAIN.

I've given the NZXT CAM Software team…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, please let us know if you are experiencing those problems with 3.6.4 or with a previous version? The last update addressed the following issues:
    -GPU overclocking settings will now save correctly
    -Fixed CAM not auto-starting minimized
    -Fixed Hue+ audio mode with a single channel
    -Fixed toggle buttons for lighting channels
    -Reduced CPU usage when using audio mode
    -Gridplus settings will now save correctly

11. Can't log into My Account

I am a Chinese user, and I can't log in to my account with CAM software since the 3.6.0 update. It shows "Invalid email address or password, please try again." I have tried changing my password and even applied a new account, but neither works for me. I could log in 100% fine before the update, so please fix this issue. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Problems using Kraken X61 with X62

My system is currently using one X61 and one X62. The X61 had no problems being detected in CAM, however after I installed the X62, only the X62 shows up on CAM and the X61 is nowhere to be found. Followed all of the driver troubleshooting posts on here but did not work. Is it even possible to have an X61 and X62 running on CAM at the same time?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this. I will inform our devs of your issue so they can test this setup and verify if it gives the same errors you are reporting.

13. The same username and password can log in to a web page, but not to a CAM ?

The same username and password can log in to a web page, but not to a CAM?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. More Update Issues

I've tried installing your last 3 updates over the past week and have the same issue with all of them. All updates over 3.5.90 cause my cpu temp to be reported around 6-9 degrees higher than previous versions, and my liquid temp disappears from the app as well. my hardware specs are as follows:

Kraken X61
    i7-5820k
    ASUS X99-A II mobo
    Sapphire 290X
    32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz DDR4
    960 Evo 250GB SSD
    850 Evo 1TB SSD

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Also, concerning the liquid temp, liquid temp and pump speed are displayed in the fan settings, by expanding the pump section.

15. 3.6.3 audio light work only kraken but hue+ didn't work

3.6.3 audio light work only kraken but hue+ didn't work [aer fan & led strip] I'm verry happy in old version . but now I'm disappointed. so bad too setting a light look difficult for me. I love nzxt hardware . I hope you fix a perfect new cam version soon. Keep going, I’ll cheer you up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why this is happening. Thank you.

16. X62 won't turn on after CAM v3.6 update

Updated to CAM v3.6 on 7/18/18. 1 day later on 7/19/18, computer won't boot due to X62 Kraken not starting during startup and causing an error message saying CPU fan error. X62 is 3 months old, no hard core gaming, I shut my computer off each day. Any ideas how to get this CPU fan up and running again besides replacement?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

17. CAM v 3.5.90 is having big problems

I have problems with random computer freezes. When typing text in any program or when playing/pausing youtube videos it would stutter. When texting it would pause before new letters already typed will appear.

I did try several restarts, and finally found out it was CAM who caused it. As when shutting down CAM the stuttering stopped completely. Then did some reasearch online and found out it was due to the FPS overlay. Even though I had it turned off from standard, as it comes off when installing CAM. I still have to enable it, and then disabeling it for the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

[UPDATE]

A new version of CAM has been released (version 3.6.0) where several of the currently known bugs have been taken care of. Please go to https://camwebapp.com/download to download it and verify if this fixes the issues you are experiencing.

Before installing, please fully uninstall the previous version of CAM, then delete the folder from C drive >> Program Files >> NTXT, and restart the computer before installing this one.

If your issues continue to occur, please inform us. Thank you, and sorry for the inconveniences.

18. CAM doesnt not install I WANT a REFUND !!!

PLEASE give third part software control as this CAM does not install

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, thank you for contacting CAM support and sorry for the inconveniences you are experiencing at this moment.

If you see a message that says “There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.”
    Try installing Microsoft’s Diagnostic Tool to help you with the installation/uninstallation of CAM
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed. Then try reinstalling CAM again after.

If you are stuck on the “Preparing Files For Removal” page during installation:
    1. Open the task manager
    2. Find the process called cmd.exe *32
    3. End that process
    The installation should pick up again, if not try relaunching the installer again.

For any other issues you can also try installing an external uninstaller (IOBit Uninstaller) http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php to do a clean removal of CAM from your PC. Then try reinstalling CAM again after.

If the…

19. Half of my settings disappear, included the rgb custom program and fan control curvs after first reboot.

Half of my settings disappear, included the rgb custom program and fan control curvs after first reboot. besides, it crashes quite often if my internet has slow upload speed. i actually cant control a thing in my pc and im stuck with the last settings I programmed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon, sorry for the inconveniences you are experiencing. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

So we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Send them to the email maximo.castro[at]nzxt.com.

Thank you for your cooperation and time.

20. 3.6.1 GPU Fan Curve is broken

CAM no longer saves my custom curve, applies my custom curve, and the highest point of the curve I have control over is at 55C when before i didn't have a highest point. I don't want fans at 100% until 70C but this is not possible with the new update.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base