CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Power limit on GPU OC feature should be set lower

The overclocking GPU feature. The power limit should be set as low as 50% not 60%. Due to this I have to run another program called MSI afterburner and set my power limit on my GPU to 55% so that the GPU does not exceed 55C. But at this percentage it still runs its boost clock for the graphics to 1911Mhz but at 55C max. My specs are i7-8700K CPU. MSI Z370 Gaming Plus motherboard (SLI compatible). 32GB of RAM at 3000 Mhz. For now it has a single MSI Aero GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb OC. Also I have…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • NZXT USB driver error

usb driver error indication is detected from the device manager and the display of pump and LED custom function disappears from CAM Please tell me the solution method!

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using a Kraken X42/X52/X62 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a mini to regular USB cable and route it to the back of your case to test this issue. If the cable is the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement USB cable.

Try shutting off your PC, then plug the USB cable to a different USB

• Liquid temperature in FPS overlay

Using kraken NZXT x62 should be an option yo see liquid temperature or CPU and liquid temperature at the same time.

2 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Smart device

The second stem of your “smart device” is destroying my pc, i have an i7 8700k with a 360mm rad on it, a gtx 1050 ti and your h700i case, as soon as i go to your step 2 of smarts device(dont worry we will slightly overload your system) my cpu reaches 80 degrees and shuts down. It has a slight over clock and so does my ram but its so minor ot wont effect anything, please help.

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • cam log in stop at 0%

Cam doesnt log in. I cant use CAM, it doesnt matter it is in user mode or with my account. It start and stop at 0%, and there is "Loading CAM 0%"

What can i do? Reintall doesnt helped. I've got HUE+ and i cant manage because CAM is so crashed.

Please help

2 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Just updated to CAM version 3.5.50 it let me turn Kraken X54 LEDs off but they wont turn back on

System:
              windows 10
              ryzen 1700
              asus x370 pro
              Gskill tridentz 3200mhz 32GB

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • CAM 3.3.50 Setup

CAM 3.3.50 Setup

I think it is the best program and the most beautiful of all but it has a very big problem. I need it in games to show GPU and CPU TEMPERATURE.

You still have to walk to it, otherwise you can overcome MSI Afterburner 4.4.2 Setup.

MSI Afterburner 4.4.2 Setup is pretty ugly as a program.

You still have to do something for your clients because I bought quite a lot from you.

And sorry for my English ...

Thank you so much.

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Fan Control Needs a Small Change

Why is it that CAM forces us to max out our fans at 100% when a given component reaches 80c? Even when I make a custom fan curve I run into this.

My GPU runs in the low 80s under load, so whatever fan curve I have set will max the fans out quite often when gaming. The issue is I have 6 Noctua IPPC fans. I know they're not meant to be quiet, but even at half speed, much more tolerable as far as noise goes, they provide sufficient airflow and they don't deafen me. Yet CAM forces them…

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Where is my ledlight color-settings icon?

Where is my led/light color-settings icon? This happens a lot after a update. Icon to change the color led/light its just gone!

6 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Grid+ v3 - Total Wattage at 0W and no fans are spinning.

When setting up my newly bough Grid+ V3 with 2 x NOCTUA NF-F12 fans, CAM is seeing the Grid+ V3 controller but that is about it. What ever I do the total wattage is at 0W and non of the fans are spinning.
                      Tried on different rigs, and different fans same result. Running Windows 10 latest version.
                      Is this a hardware or software error.?

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        3 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are experiencing an issue where the fans on the Grid+V3 are not spinning. Please check the specs on those fans. Each channel on the Grid+V3 can only support up to 5 watts and if you exceed that threshold the Grid+V3 will have a failsafe to shut off all the fans. Using the included extension cables can cause this as well. At this time please shut off your PC and turn off your PSU. Then wait 10 seconds and turn your PSU and PC back on. See if the fans spin then.

• Crawl before running

Fix your software.
                        Product you sell is great but the software is junk, It has issues with your cpu cooler and the rgb doesn't sync well with your lights, fans and cpu cooler.
                        Make a good product or product support then worry about the next new thing.
                        If not then your company will always be labeled with a crappy reputation and then it wont matter what you put out if all your known for is junk.

2 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • 3.5.50 - H700i Smart Device/Hue+ not detected, FPS overlay keeps turning itself on

Version 3.5.50 fixed the 0% load bug, and introduced a NEW bug that fails to detect the H700i smart device entirely. Neither the lighting controls or the fan controls are there. Reloading CAM temporarily makes them reappear, but rebooting looses them again.

And also the FPS overlay keeps turning itself on and doesn't remember that I completely disabled it between boots.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, plesae exit out of CAM and please go to this directory path
                            C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM
                            and delete the CAMSettings.sqlite file. Then restart your PC. See if your settings saved then.

For the Smart Device
                            If you are using a Smart Device and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.

Try shutting off your PC, then plug the USB cable to a different USB header…

• Sync mode does not allow any changes to profiles.

I own an Hue+ and an H7 Quad Lumi. They work fine when they are not in sync, but when I enable the sync all, I am unable to use any profile other than the default. Attempting to make any changes adds a blank space overtop of the profile selector, and makes no actual changes. This means I am unable to change the color, speed, or any other settings for any of the presets,

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, the sync mode function currently does not allow you to create a new profile. You can use a existing profile from our device tab and apply it in sync mode.

• Restart re-enables overlay.

I am on version 3.5.50

Every time my pc turns on I have to manually disable the FPS overlay.
                              Every restart switches it back on.

37 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                15 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Android app issue

The Cam android ap is not displaying pc information when logged in for phone

21 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • 1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • H700i Smart device not detected in CAM software

Hi,

After updating the CAM software now CAM is not able to detect the smart device to control fan speed. lighting. etc. I have HUE+ installed and it is able to detect it just fine.

Please assist

19 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using a Smart Device and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.

Try shutting off your PC, then plug the USB cable to a different USB header on your motherboard.
                                      This is to check if the USB port on the motherboard is working correctly.

• GPU OC profile setting to default on every PC start up

Upon starting PC, the GPU overclock and fan curve goes to default settings even though it indicates that it is on my saved OC setting. I then have to disable and then re-enable the OC profile for it to kick in. Very annoying!!!! I just want my profile to start correctly. This has been happening with multiple versions as well as multiple re-installs.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, plesae exit out of CAM and please go to this directory path
                                        C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM
                                        and delete the CAMSettings.sqlite file. Then restart your PC. See if your settings saved then.

• Just updated to 3.5.50 and it was supposed to stop freezing at 0%

But no. Still at 0% at launch. Also as soon as I open CAM window the CPU temp skyrockets 25C plus and the fans start spinning like crazy.

16 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Hue+ issue

Hi. I have had Hue+ for about a year now and struggled to get it working when it first came out. Since I got it working, I have had the spectrum wave on rainbow mode and it has been stuck there ever since. On the old version, the hue+ section just stopped coming up, and would say it was not installed, after ticking the box and clicking install, the load bar would fill up and say it is installed. I would check for the Hue+ section and it would still not be there.
                                          I gave up with your program.
                                          6…

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 162 163
                                          • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base