CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. CAM 3.6.6 + H700i + Ryzen 2700x

Hello.

-Nzxt H700i
    -X62 Kraken
    -Asus x470
    -Ryzen 2700x

Here is many bugs that i found with 3.6.6 on ryzen system.

1. First readed temps after running app will stuck at that temp whole time.
    2. Auto start sometime not working.
    3. Because of "1" reason i need to use fixed profile for fans, also many times i was unable to apply fixed speed for fans, it just stuck for i.e. 60%.
    4. CAM not detecting SMART Device of H700i, so i can't change any lighting for led strips and can't use it for fans.
    5. iOS app not working…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the information. I am told by the devs that the temperature issues are being resolved in the next update (version 3.6.7). Concerning the SMART Device detection, please verify that it is correctly connected. I will pass the other issues you report to the devs so they can have a look. Thank you for your help.

• Cam causes computer to turn off.

CAM causes the computer to randomly shut down when it's running. I have 3.6.6. Fans won't spin at all unless CAM is running, so this is quite annoying. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling CAM, but it doesn't help.

1 vote
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, which version of CAM are you using? The latest version is 3.6.6, if this is not the version you are currently using, please download it from https://camwebapp.com/download/ and let us know if the issue continues to happen.
        Thanks, and sorry for the inconveniences.

• Wrong Temperature(s(CPU))

My c with ryzen utility is 28-30c, with cam it's 43-44. It was 54-55 b4 because i did not let the thermal paste cool down.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Can't save any settings?

In CAM software if I go to Lighting -> Kraken -> Ring I can set the colors, but there appears to be absolutely no way to save them. The minute I leave the tab, the colors reset to default. I can only disable the ring/logo.

If I go to settings -> notifications and try to disable/enable or adjust any of the temperature warning settings they reset the minute I exit the notifications screen.

I've read multiple threads saying check if you're set to 'sync', but I don't have any sync settings as far as I can tell.

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • "Settings upload failed" - CAM This happens every few seconds. In a single minute I've gotten 6 notificaitons. Please help.

The settings seem to have worked just fine, my Kraken's lights are doing EXACTLY what it said they would...but I'm up to 10 notifications since starting to type this plea for help. Please, help!

9 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • CAM 3.6.6 CPU temps still getting stuck

Temperatures are still getting stuck even when CPU temps rise. Fans will not speed up appropriately causing overheating on CPU while rendering HD video files. Please fix!

Windows 10, Ryzen 2700x, ASUS Crosshair IV Hero motherboard, GTX 1080Ti GPU, 32GB RAM

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Cam 3.6.6 ne ce lance pas

Bonjour, au démarrage de mon pc Cam 3.6.6 ne ses pas lancer, et impossible de le lancer via le laucher, j'ai utiliser l'outil de réparation du logiciel, désinstaller et réinstaller et lancer en mode administrateur mais rien a faire il ce lance pas, mais ce lance avec la version 3.5.9 trouvé sur le net, ayant un kraken x72 un hue+ et un gridv3+ et au prix ou j'ai payer ce matériel merci de bien vouloir corriger votre logiciel rapidement !

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, in version 3.6.6 there is a bug that if you have “Start when Windows starts” and “Start CAM minimized” both selected, CAM will not auto start, but if you de-select “Start CAM Minimized” it should start with Windows correctly. This has been informed to the devs and we expect to have it fixed for the next update.

• Wrong temperature shown

Cam cpu temperature freezes.
                  Ryzen 1700X.
                  Cam shows an idle temp of 44°C which is correct.
                  Once I run Prime95 and all cores go to 100% load, HwInfo shows 77°C.
                  Cam shows 46°C and the temperature is frozen at this value, until I close Prime. Then it instantly goes back to 44°C even though HwInfo still reports 60°C (which is slowly cooling down).

I can't use the CPU Fan curves at all because the cpu temperatures are wrong.

It nearly triggered a emergency shutdown, because the fans only go to higher speeds when temperature is over 70°C which according to…

2 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this. We are implementing a fix for the incorrect reading of temperatures in the next update (3.6.7) sorry for the inconveniences.

• Cannot login cam 3.6.6

I have updated cam to 3.6.6 from 3.5.9.0. Then it tips me kraken M22 driver didn't be installed. So I installed and cam restared. The problem is now I cannot login cam and always mention email or passcode be vailed.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I encountered something similar, however was unable to pin down exactly when it happens. Whenever it happens to me, I just force close CAM and reopen it and it works correctly. I did send the report to the devs to see if they can find why it happens or when.

• Strange CPU temperature

I get notifications like "Your CPU temperature has exceeded 8275°C. Prolonged use at this temperature may shorten the CPU's lifespan."
                      That's hotter than the sun's surface.
                      I use version 3.6.6.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Cam can't read the temperature of HDD

After installing the update popped up last month, the Cam can't read the HDD components temp correctly which was functioned well before. Now, it only shows -1℃ and Min 999999℃, Max 0℃ all the time. Could you please fix it?

3 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Grid v3 3.6.6 no GPU load when calibrating adaptive noise reduction

When i do an adaptive noise reduction calibrating the CAM software will only do load on the CPU an not the GPU.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Temperatures do not update. Session temperature history wiped by switching tabs

Updated to 3.6.6. CAM CPU and GPU temps only update once every 5 or 10 seconds. Rather than before, when CAM would update temps and GPU/CPU usage in real time. Now i see this huge lag.

If i switch from one tab to another - clicking on "Basic" or "Advanced" view OR Switching to the "Build" tab back to the Dashboard - this causes everything to get wiped back to 0 C and 0%.

What's going on and please can you fix it?

3 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • "Fastest" option causes X62 lights freeze

3.6.6 - Covering Marque, setting the lighting option to "Fastest" causes the LED's to freeze and then after a short while they turn off. All other lighting speed modes work fine.

Only "Fastest" freezes on my X62

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Cam often Closed for no reason

I don't know since which version, but this is a problem I have for at least 6 months. On 2 different windows clean installation, cam is open, desktop is idling, I go gaming, then finding that the heat dissipation is low at the back.

Trying to figure out what's the issue, I am thinking of going into CAM to see why fans didn't kicked in, and I see that the software is off...

Often, every week, software is closed. It's running at windows startup, computer doesn't update for nothing. I have this issue with different CAM version, different windows clean…

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • 3.6.6 Fan and pump issues

When changing a fan or pump profile, both pause out before either one takes affect. Before they take affect there is a delay where everything slows. Even if you have fans at 100% and then change the pump profile, the fans will almost stop. I'm guessing the pump profile sets once the fans ramp back up. The delay makes me loose trust in this software to monitor and respond to my system as needed. Please fix this issue. Also, make the default temp be CPU and not liquid. We look for CPU for the changes in temp more so than…

0 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • CAM reading temperatures wrong

Hello there!

I bought a Kraken X62 for my Ryzen 2700x but I'm having some issues with the CAM software reading the temps wrong. I've seen some posts here where CAM is reading the temps as too high, but my issue is the opposite, meaning the X62 isn't spinning up as it shuold be when my temps increase.

HWiNFO is currently reporting my Tdie temp as 78,6 degrees celcius, but CAM is reading it as 49 degrees.

My motherboard is a MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Johan

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Johan, the devs tell me that this issue will be fixed in the next update (3.6.7), sorry for the inconveniences.

• Fan speed issue

I have been encountering higher CPU temps lately and I realized that the GPU temps were about the same. Then I saw one of my radiator fans weren't even spinning. I had to change the fan profiles multiple times until I finally got it to work again. I still have the problem where my temps are going up to 80 degrees. Which never happened to me until a recent update a week or two ago. I'm worried my PC will overheat. I am using an NZXT Kraken x62 rev 2 with an 8700k.

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        3 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For some setups, CAM has been reporting temperatures that are different from the actual temperature. This is being addressed in the next update (3.6.7) Thank you for reporting this.

If you encounter the issue where the radiator fan stops working again, please send us the logs to verify if CAM reports anything there.

• cam 3.6.6 lighting and smart problem.

If i using lighting in kraken on logo "NZXT" with option "SMART" and "CPU temperature" that cause problem with CAM and KRAKEN.

After some time of use this option, CAM stops read actual values like: TEMP, LOAD, CLOACK SPEED, FAN SPEED etc... and cam stops detecting kraken.

Restart cam dont help, i need restart PC. and this problem coming back

I have this problem on all version cam from 3.0.2 to 3.6.6

Some 1 can confirm this? I don't know my kraken or cam is broken.

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • cant install newest update

Like in the topline. I just can skip the newest update for CAM. Klicking "update" does not work. Nothing happens. This is very low!
                                          Let me guess, i have to uninstall CAM and install the newest version? -.-

6 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
                                          • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base