CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. I cannot sign in on Cam 3.6.2, and guest mode doesn't work

I cannot sign in on Cam 3.6.2, and guest mode doesn't work

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

2. Absolute nightmare software - 3.6.2 bugs

After today's "hotfix" meant to address the issue with lighting profiles not saving, this issue still exists. Additionally I haven't been able to login using any method since 3.5.

Please, for the love of god, remake this program from scratch using actual programmers.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good afternoon, thank you for informing us of your issue. If you would be so kind as to please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

Send them to the email maximo.castro[at]nzxt.com.

Thank you for your cooperation and time, and sorry for the inconveniences you are currently experiencing.

3. settings, lights, min/max temps.

-Min/Max display on the dashboard are fixed at CAM startup, cant get them to show accurate temps.
    -the lights on the pump refuse to sync.
    -my custom settings were erased with the new patch, thanks for that, your settings dont like to change or save. i have to restart my comp several times to get each fan and pump to acctually react to the settings changes. pumps will pitch up then pitch back down when switching to a different fan.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5. hue + does not work after the update 3.6.1

hue + not working im update cam to version 3.6.1 and press detect devices and hue+ still not detect

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

6. Incorrect temps for GPU when maximized

When maximized, the GPU max/min temp is incorrectly reported to be identical to the CPU max/min temp. When not maximized, the GPU max/min temp is reported correctly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. X62 won't turn on after CAM v3.6 update

Updated to CAM v3.6 on 7/18/18. 1 day later on 7/19/18, computer won't boot due to X62 Kraken not starting during startup and causing an error message saying CPU fan error. X62 is 3 months old, no hard core gaming, I shut my computer off each day. Any ideas how to get this CPU fan up and running again besides replacement?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

8. GTX 980ti overclock not working well in current version of cam

I just installed the latest version of cam a couple of days ago and now I can't control my fans in the over-clocked settings.

I am using a GTX 980ti and now it is running really hot no matter what I try setting the fan speeds to.

I'd also like to mention that the overclock settings for the fan speeds graph does not save anymore for some reason. Is there/ will there be a fix for this soon?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9. RGB and fan curve reset when I reboot my system

As the title, my rgb and fan curve reset after i shut down and repress the power button to boot up my system, cam just reset itself every time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Still Consistent Crashes.

Not even a hour after I got the update and restarted my computer to get a fresh start of CAM that the software crashed on me, effectively rendering just about all of my cooling options in my PC null. I can't keep having this issue happen otherwise I have just paid for an incredibly expensive 3 lb brick that can't do anything but give off cool colors. If I wanted that I would have just bought a brick and attached RGB strips to it, it would have much cost less and done about the same. The main different between the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you.

11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. cam no longer controls my GPU fans... another bad update

Cannot find setting to turn on any sort of GPU fan speed controler like last versions. CAM software keeps getting worse and worse and the support team literally never emails you back about any issues. Its a COMPLETE JOKE.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thank you for reporting the issues you are currently having. We are preparing a hotfix that will be published today which will take care of the hardware detection, Fan Curve temperature, Settings not saving or lost, and languages not displaying correctly issues. Please keep in mind that some issues only come up in specific builds and that is why sometimes we can not catch them while testing. Please continue to inform us if you find any other problems.

13. CAM placement - small bug

small bug with 3.6.0 / 3.6.1 - when CAM starts I move it to a specific place on my 2nd monitor but when I restart CAM / my PC its back on my main monitor in the center.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Minicam temperatures are more than double full sized interface.

Temperature in full sized interface seem ok, switch to minicam, and it's way past boiling point!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I cannot sign in on Cam 3.6.0-3.6.1, and guest mode doesn't work

I cannot sign in on Cam 3.6.0-3.6.1. I'm sure my email address and password are both correct. It keep show invalid I don't know why? I can sign in on your site with the same account!

OK, I give up, but guest mode doesn't work, always stucks in 100%

SO DO YOU WANT ME TO USE CAM OR NOT?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. CAM 3.6.1 not detecting Kraken x62

Cam update 3.6.1 today broke my whole system, my Kraken x62 is no longer detected at all. Yesterdays update to 3.6 was fine but 3.6.1 today broke everything. Please fix this with 3.6.2 asap, thanks!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. Do you guys test CAM before update release?

Well how do I put this, updated cam and

A. It looks like crap

B. It doesn't save my fan profiles on restart.

C. Custom fan profiles for grid v3 don't work. They all seem to be set at silent profile, even though they all have custom ones set.

D. GPU temps aren't correct, I put GPU under load and Cam says its at 30c but really its at 65c, which is really bad as cam controls the fans on my GPU radiator and the fans speed was a 20%. Before update, Cam would speed up the fans as set…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. what is wrong with u guys?!!!!! cmon!!!????

Yesterday i updated cam software , due to this update i lost all of my custom profiles... so i had to set them up again wich was a pain in the ass. And now today i load up the "awesome" cam software and guess what its GONE AGAIN!!!!!!! , how many times do i have to set up my custom profile till it actually SAVES ? Cause right now this is really a pain in the ass, coming from such a big company , well im dissappointed, thats all i can say

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

19. "CPU Fan speed error detected" after latest update(s)

After installing the latest updates (I think there were 2 updates, right?) my computer now gets the "CPU Fan speed error detected" when booting. The first update was installed normally (but deleted my preferences as others have pointed out), but the second one took ages to install (which I found strange). Today when I started my computer, surprise, it won't start: "CPU Fan speed error detected". I don't think this is a coincidence. NZXT, please help!

I have a X62 on an Asus Z270E motherboard (I guess the rest of the components are irrelevant).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you.

20. Fix one thing, Break another.

Not able to save any fan curves at all......

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base