CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, did the fan stop working completely or did the lights stop working but the fan still works?

If the lights were the only thing that stopped working, do they start working again after changing to a different profile? such as a fixed color?

Please let us know, thanks.

2. an error occurred while trying to communicate with the server

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm getting the same error when trying to login it says "An error occurred while trying to communicate with the server, it all started when I updated to 3.6.6.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, sorry for the late response to this issue. Is this happening after Automatic Startup following Windows Start or while opening CAM after Windows has loaded? Also, when this issue occurs, please try closing CAM from the notification area, and then opening again. Let us know if this helps. We are doing further investigation into this issue at the time.

3. Wrong temperature shown

Cam cpu temperature freezes.
    Ryzen 1700X.
    shows an idle temp of 44°C which is correct.
    Once I run Prime95 and all cores go to 100% load, HwInfo shows 77°
    **** shows 46°C and the temperature is frozen at this value, until I close Prime. Then it instantly goes back to 44°C even though HwInfo still reports 60°C (which is slowly cooling down).

I can't use the CPU Fan curves at all because the cpu temperatures are wrong.

It nearly triggered a emergency shutdown, because the fans only go to higher speeds when temperature is over 70°C which according to ***…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reporting this. We are implementing a fix for the incorrect reading of temperatures in the next update (3.6.7) sorry for the inconveniences.

4. Cannot login cam 3.6.6

I have updated cam to 3.6.6 from 3.5.9.0. Then it tips me kraken M22 driver didn't be installed. So I installed and cam restared. The problem is now I cannot login cam and always mention email or passcode be vailed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I encountered something similar, however was unable to pin down exactly when it happens. Whenever it happens to me, I just force close CAM and reopen it and it works correctly. I did send the report to the devs to see if they can find why it happens or when.

5. Strange CPU temperature

I get notifications like "Your CPU temperature has exceeded 8275°C. Prolonged use at this temperature may shorten the CPU's lifespan."
    That's hotter than the sun's surface.
    I use version 3.6.6.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cam can't read the temperature of HDD

After installing the update popped up last month, the Cam can't read the HDD components temp correctly which was functioned well before. Now, it only shows -1℃ and Min 999999℃, Max 0℃ all the time. Could you please fix it?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Grid v3 3.6.6 no GPU load when calibrating adaptive noise reduction

When i do an adaptive noise reduction calibrating the CAM software will only do load on the CPU an not the GPU.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. "Fastest" option causes X62 lights freeze

3.6.6 - Covering Marque, setting the lighting option to "Fastest" causes the LED's to freeze and then after a short while they turn off. All other lighting speed modes work fine.

Only "Fastest" freezes on my X62

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cam often Closed for no reason

I don't know since which version, but this is a problem I have for at least 6 months. On 2 different windows clean installation, cam is open, desktop is idling, I go gaming, then finding that the heat dissipation is low at the back.

Trying to figure out what's the issue, I am thinking of going into CAM to see why fans didn't kicked in, and I see that the software is off...

Often, every week, software is closed. It's running at windows startup, computer doesn't update for nothing. I have this issue with different CAM version, different windows clean…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3.6.6 Fan and pump issues

When changing a fan or pump profile, both pause out before either one takes affect. Before they take affect there is a delay where everything slows. Even if you have fans at 100% and then change the pump profile, the fans will almost stop. I'm guessing the pump profile sets once the fans ramp back up. The delay makes me loose trust in this software to monitor and respond to my system as needed. Please fix this issue. Also, make the default temp be CPU and not liquid. We look for CPU for the changes in temp more so than…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CAM reading temperatures wrong

Hello there!

I bought a Kraken X62 for my Ryzen 2700x but I'm having some issues with the CAM software reading the temps wrong. I've seen some posts here where CAM is reading the temps as too high, but my issue is the opposite, meaning the X62 isn't spinning up as it shuold be when my temps increase.

HWiNFO is currently reporting my Tdie temp as 78,6 degrees celcius, but CAM is reading it as 49 degrees.

My motherboard is a MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Johan

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Johan, the devs tell me that this issue will be fixed in the next update (3.6.7), sorry for the inconveniences.

12. Fan speed issue

I have been encountering higher CPU temps lately and I realized that the GPU temps were about the same. Then I saw one of my radiator fans weren't even spinning. I had to change the fan profiles multiple times until I finally got it to work again. I still have the problem where my temps are going up to 80 degrees. Which never happened to me until a recent update a week or two ago. I'm worried my PC will overheat. I am using an NZXT Kraken x62 rev 2 with an 8700k.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For some setups, CAM has been reporting temperatures that are different from the actual temperature. This is being addressed in the next update (3.6.7) Thank you for reporting this.

If you encounter the issue where the radiator fan stops working again, please send us the logs to verify if CAM reports anything there.

13. cam 3.6.6 lighting and smart problem.

If i using lighting in kraken on logo "NZXT" with option "SMART" and "CPU temperature" that cause problem with CAM and KRAKEN.

After some time of use this option, CAM stops read actual values like: TEMP, LOAD, CLOACK SPEED, FAN SPEED etc... and cam stops detecting kraken.

Restart cam dont help, i need restart PC. and this problem coming back

I have this problem on all version cam from 3.0.2 to 3.6.6

Some 1 can confirm this? I don't know my kraken or cam is broken.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. cant install newest update

Like in the topline. I just can skip the newest update for CAM. Klicking "update" does not work. Nothing happens. This is very low!
    Let me guess, i have to uninstall CAM and install the newest version? -.-

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fan Speeds and setting doesn't save

It's great and all, to save settings on cloud, because you have to do it once and they are saved forever. Problem is, I would much rather have it save on my pc, since I have to do it almost every time I restart a pc now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. An error occurred on my motherboard

I use X72, but this error makes me wonder if it is X72 fault, or compatibility problem, or it is a software problem, the trouble team will help me to rule out, because this problem is troublesome, I am not the warranty, this July purchase In less than a month, I am a Taiwanese. English is not very good, sorry!

Attached to the link, this is the problem with my computer using X72, displayed in the audio LED display LAG:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJbVq0rgG_Q

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please update to the latest version (3.6.6) and let us know if this issue continues to occur in that version. Thanks.

17. Cam Resets the GPU settings if I Use Cam login

I use CAM 3.6.2 for my CPU.
    Everty time I use CAM an I use the login in cam, it resets my GPU overclocking.
    If I dont use the login in CAM, the CAM saves not the settings. For examle he notiyfied me if the CPU tempature goes over 80 grad celsius.

Please dont chane anything in my GPU settings!!!
    Please fix it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please go to “Settings” >> “General” >> and click on “Do not detect drive info”. This will stop checking your HD and remove the noises.

18. Cam 3.6.6 Stuck at authentication when choosing "Remember me"

Hi,

I've tried rebooting, re-installing CAM multiple times.
    Every time, if I check "Remember me", whenever I start the app, it tries to authenticate me with empty fields as visual and it never ends.
    Been waiting for 15-20 mins two times.

Is there something I'm missing ?
    Please Help, it is not do-able to log in every single time.

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thank you for letting us know of your issue, I will write you directly so you can send me your user logs and we can verify if something is wrong with your account, since this is something that we can not replicate here.

19. NZXT so called "software engineers" are less qualified to be software engineers than dung beetles.

I'm experiencing the following:
    1. On each reboot/start-up the CAM software needs to be manually started (click on login-in, input credentials, etc)
    2. Once it logs in, it will hang over the "Accept/Decline pop-up but no amount of clicking the Accept button will make it go away and load my settings
    3. My custom lighting settings won't load because of the pop-up issue
    4. I cannot update to the latest version because clicking on the "Update now" button does nothing, just like the "Accept/Decline" pop-up
    5. FPS overlay rarely works ( it used to work better last year with the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please download the latest version from https://camwebapp.com/download and install it from that download. I would also suggest first uninstalling the old version and restarting your computer before doing the fresh install of 3.6.6.

If you continue to have issues, also send us the logs so we can verify. Thanks.

20. Updated to 3.6.6, my cooling tab has gone away

My cpu runs noticeably hotter, 8-10 degrees Celsius, now that I can't control fan speeds to cool the liquid in the radiator better.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, if the cooling tab is gone, it might be that CAM is not detecting the cooling hardware that you have connected. Please try these troubleshooting steps and let us know if it works for you.

If you are using a Kraken X31/X41/X61 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our…

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base