CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. CAM not showing cpu temp or load

Since 3.6.6 CPU temp and load is not showing.
    Reinstalling etc does nothing.
    Installed 3.6.7 today and it's the same.
    https://imgur.com/a/KPJpmt2

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Andreas, thank you for informing us of this. It’s a very strange issue. I will email you so that you can send me your logs please.

2. HDD has incorrect capacity and usage

Latest update has my 3TB HDD reading as only 2TB. It is showing as both 1TB filled and 1TB free when correct usage is 1.27 and 1.72TB respectively.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Lost lighting tab in CAM

I have all of a sudden lost my lighting tab on CAM. I've restarted my computer 1 too many times, and have re-installed CAM several times....my kraken is working, but really regretting spending the money for RGB cooler that I cannot control....I want this resolved ASAP!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Anonymous, if you don’t have a ligting tab, it’s possible that CAM is not detecting your Kraken. Please try these troubleshooting steps to see if this fixes your issue:
    If you are using a Kraken X42/X52/X62/X72 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came…

4. Lighting channels are always linked

Kraken ring and logo are always linked with smart device led strips. Every change I make on one always affects the others even if the channels are deselected and/or turned off.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, I am informed by the devs that if the Custom profile has the same name in both the ring and the logo, the changes you make to one will affect the other. If you wish to have them do things independently, please give them more descriptive names such as “Breathing blue” and “Pulse red” or something along those lines. If the issue continues to happen even doing this, please let me know so we can get in touch with you to verify the logs. Thanks.

5. Kraken x61 Not Recognised After Wake Up from Sleep

So I have CAM 3.6.7 and whenever my computer wakes up from sleep, Kraken x61 is no longer seen or detected by CAM. I have to fully restart my machine. What is this joke?!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cam 3.6.7

New update 3.6.7 it makes mi pc slow as hell. cpu usage 100%. i7 7700k

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please go to Settings >> General >> Detection and select “Do not detect drive info”. This will remove the writes to disk.

7. Software Agreement Screen. I CANNOT SELECT Agree,ONLY DECLINE

Software Agreement Screen. I CANNOT SELECT Agree,ONLY DECLINE

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, what version of CAM are you using? This issue was fixed in 3.6.3, and the latest version is 3.6.7. Please update to 3.6.7 and let us know if you still have this issue. Thanks.

8. Cam not showing on the right monitor every restart

I have a dual monitor setup so I use my second monitor for my monitoring apps. I have cam set to open when windows starts and should open on my second monitor. However, just after the update, whenever I start my computer it defaults to my 1st monitor which is annoying cause I need to line it up again on my second monitor. How do I fix this?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. light off in cam

i don't have light off in cam i test version 3.6.7 or 3.5.9
    fan service ok
    pump ok
    light no work
    camm detect kraken

i open ticket ticket in nzxt no good solution
    when i see device manager driver is owner driver of windows 10 1803
    not asetek or nzxt usb driver

i have test many answer in this forum and other but no solution(unplug usb,install driver with .inf file)

i don't change driver windows 10and driver is date to 2006...

i search good driver for light usb in windows 101803

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, I’m sorry but I don’t fully understand. Did you change the part and now the new one works? or did you change the part and the new one does not work either?

10. BSOD's when running adaptive function

Various BSOD's when trying to run adaptive initial tests

Brand new build
    i7-8700k
    gtx 1080
    strix mobo
    G-skill trident Z 32Gb

all hardware have lastest bios/drivers

using an NZXT Grid V3

unable to run CAM as it automatically commences adaptive testing and BSOD's when entering load

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Please update to version 3.6.7 by downloading from here: https://camwebapp.com/download/

I’d suggest uninstalling the previous version before installing the new version as a clean install rather than updating it.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved after this.

Thanks.

11. Cam causes computer to turn off.

CAM causes the computer to randomly shut down when it's running. I have 3.6.6. Fans won't spin at all unless CAM is running, so this is quite annoying. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling CAM, but it doesn't help.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, which version of CAM are you using? The latest version is 3.6.6, if this is not the version you are currently using, please download it from https://camwebapp.com/download/ and let us know if the issue continues to happen.
    Thanks, and sorry for the inconveniences.

12. Wrong Temperature(s(CPU))

My c with ryzen utility is 28-30c, with cam it's 43-44. It was 54-55 b4 because i did not let the thermal paste cool down.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, the most recent version, (3.6.7) fixes the wrong temperature reading issue. Please update by downloading from here: https://camwebapp.com/download/

I’d suggest uninstalling the previous version before installing the new version as a clean install rather than updating it.

Thanks.

13. Progarm problem

Hi, i got 2 hue hub i cant manually control both it just sync as one cause i got 2 led strip and 6 nzxt fan. already separate it to 2 led strip to one chl 4 fan to one chl and the last 2 to one chl. the last 2 fan i cant seem to control it. please help fix this issue

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, what type of setting are you trying to do in the different channels? Please describe it with as much detail as possible so we can see how to help you. Thanks.

14. Cant get my lighting tab

I dont have my lighting tab in my cam software. i've reinstalled it and i've also unplugged it from the mobo. also i have restarted my computer. ive even tried disableing HDD i need help please im trying to get a good theme going in my pc.

i would like if possible to go back to a later version of CAM software.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, are the lights being detected by your computer? Do they light up as white or blue or just stay off?

What version of CAM are you currently using?

Please let us know, thanks.

15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Fernando, are you logging in or are you using guest mode?
    When you make the modifications, do you apply them or just make the change and then go to a different tab or to your game? (I ask this because another user was not noticing the apply button on the bottom left, which made the changes not save, so when he turned his computer off, CAM would load the old settings that were saved)
    Lastly, a new version of CAM was published today (3.6.8) please update to that one and let me know if the issue is still occurring.

Thanks.

16. "Settings upload failed" - CAM This happens every few seconds. In a single minute I've gotten 6 notificaitons. Please help.

The settings seem to have worked just fine, my Kraken's lights are doing EXACTLY what it said they would...but I'm up to 10 notifications since starting to type this plea for help. Please, help!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. CTD's and restarts when i stresstest my OC'd 8700k

It doesn't "crash for good" as in error messages, but when i tested out the stability of my 8700k at 4.9ghz, the cam struggles to act on the fan profiles i set it to. Temps shows above 70c, but fans stays at low speeds, and kicks in way later causing the cpu to go into high temps. (tempted to just connect it to a manual controller)

And when i stress tested the cpu, it constantly disappears and reappears as if it can't read temps or change fan speeds for the curve i've given it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, the most recent version, (3.6.7) fixes the wrong temperature reading issue. Please update by downloading from here: https://camwebapp.com/download/

Thanks.

18. Hue light control never was added to CAM dashboard just installed latest version

Hue light control never was added to CAM dashboard just installed latest version

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, are the light strips being detected? Do they light up in any color? Or are they off?
    If they are off, they could be connected incorrectly or the cables could be damaged. If they light up but the lighting tab does not come up, we would need to see your program logs to verify if CAM is not detecting them correctly.

Please let us know. Thanks.

19. CAM 3.6.6 CPU temps still getting stuck

Temperatures are still getting stuck even when CPU temps rise. Fans will not speed up appropriately causing overheating on CPU while rendering HD video files. Please fix!

Windows 10, Ryzen 2700x, ASUS Crosshair IV Hero motherboard, GTX 1080Ti GPU, 32GB RAM

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks.

20. Cam 3.6.6 ne ce lance pas

Bonjour, au démarrage de mon pc Cam 3.6.6 ne ses pas lancer, et impossible de le lancer via le laucher, j'ai utiliser l'outil de réparation du logiciel, désinstaller et réinstaller et lancer en mode administrateur mais rien a faire il ce lance pas, mais ce lance avec la version 3.5.9 trouvé sur le net, ayant un kraken x72 un hue+ et un gridv3+ et au prix ou j'ai payer ce matériel merci de bien vouloir corriger votre logiciel rapidement !

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, in version 3.6.6 there is a bug that if you have “Start when Windows starts” and “Start CAM minimized” both selected, CAM will not auto start, but if you de-select “Start CAM Minimized” it should start with Windows correctly. This has been informed to the devs and we expect to have it fixed for the next update.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base