CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, did the fan stop working completely or did the lights stop working but the fan still works?

If the lights were the only thing that stopped working, do they start working again after changing to a different profile? such as a fixed color?

Please let us know, thanks.

2. Cannot login cam 3.6.6

I have updated cam to 3.6.6 from 3.5.9.0. Then it tips me kraken M22 driver didn't be installed. So I installed and cam restared. The problem is now I cannot login cam and always mention email or passcode be vailed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I encountered something similar, however was unable to pin down exactly when it happens. Whenever it happens to me, I just force close CAM and reopen it and it works correctly. I did send the report to the devs to see if they can find why it happens or when.

3. Cam can't read the temperature of HDD

After installing the update popped up last month, the Cam can't read the HDD components temp correctly which was functioned well before. Now, it only shows -1℃ and Min 999999℃, Max 0℃ all the time. Could you please fix it?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Fastest" option causes X62 lights freeze

3.6.6 - Covering Marque, setting the lighting option to "Fastest" causes the LED's to freeze and then after a short while they turn off. All other lighting speed modes work fine.

Only "Fastest" freezes on my X62

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 3.6.6 Fan and pump issues

When changing a fan or pump profile, both pause out before either one takes affect. Before they take affect there is a delay where everything slows. Even if you have fans at 100% and then change the pump profile, the fans will almost stop. I'm guessing the pump profile sets once the fans ramp back up. The delay makes me loose trust in this software to monitor and respond to my system as needed. Please fix this issue. Also, make the default temp be CPU and not liquid. We look for CPU for the changes in temp more so than…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fan Speeds and setting doesn't save

It's great and all, to save settings on cloud, because you have to do it once and they are saved forever. Problem is, I would much rather have it save on my pc, since I have to do it almost every time I restart a pc now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. An error occurred on my motherboard

I use X72, but this error makes me wonder if it is X72 fault, or compatibility problem, or it is a software problem, the trouble team will help me to rule out, because this problem is troublesome, I am not the warranty, this July purchase In less than a month, I am a Taiwanese. English is not very good, sorry!

Attached to the link, this is the problem with my computer using X72, displayed in the audio LED display LAG:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJbVq0rgG_Q

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please update to the latest version (3.6.6) and let us know if this issue continues to occur in that version. Thanks.

8. NZXT so called "software engineers" are less qualified to be software engineers than dung beetles.

I'm experiencing the following:
    1. On each reboot/start-up the CAM software needs to be manually started (click on login-in, input credentials, etc)
    2. Once it logs in, it will hang over the "Accept/Decline pop-up but no amount of clicking the Accept button will make it go away and load my settings
    3. My custom lighting settings won't load because of the pop-up issue
    4. I cannot update to the latest version because clicking on the "Update now" button does nothing, just like the "Accept/Decline" pop-up
    5. FPS overlay rarely works ( it used to work better last year with the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please download the latest version from https://camwebapp.com/download and install it from that download. I would also suggest first uninstalling the old version and restarting your computer before doing the fresh install of 3.6.6.

If you continue to have issues, also send us the logs so we can verify. Thanks.

9. Updated to 3.6.6, my cooling tab has gone away

My cpu runs noticeably hotter, 8-10 degrees Celsius, now that I can't control fan speeds to cool the liquid in the radiator better.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, if the cooling tab is gone, it might be that CAM is not detecting the cooling hardware that you have connected. Please try these troubleshooting steps and let us know if it works for you.

If you are using a Kraken X31/X41/X61 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our…

10. DISK NO degrees. Always show "-"

CAM cannot show disk degrees.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. No device detected

You're shity soft don't detect my x62, the detection was blocked at 70%,
    and he's crashing when i launch a stress test with occt or aida or anything put my temps 60+

Using kraken X62
    Gigabyte z77 ds3p last bios
    Windows 10 64b

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good morning, thank you for contacting CAM support and sorry for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing.

Could you try changing the USB cable and see if that helps?

In the case it does not fix the problem, please send us the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

Thank you for your cooperation and time.

12. CAM doesn't load at all

Hi,

So I just downloaded CAM v3.6.5 (first time CAM user here), after installing and restarting my machine, the app did not show up or open at all. I tried a normal uninstall and restarted, then installed and restarted again. The same thing.

I can see 2 instances of "CAM" running in my task manager, but there is nothing showing up on my desktop or taskbar. When I launch the shortcut, I can see a third instance of "CAM" in my task manager quickly show up then instantly disappear.

I can't get the software to open at all. I also…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mike, please update to 3.6.6 and if your issue continues to happen on this version, send us the logs found in the following folder so we can review them:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

Thanks.

13. 3.65 CAM still not detecting Kraken x61.

Hey, NZXT, it would be great if you fixed the software that's supposed to work with Kraken coolers so that we can actually use it.

Windows 10 Pro
    Intel i7-7700K
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
    Gigabyte Z170X-UD-CF

Pump plugged into USB 2.0 header. Tried switching to the other one.
    Uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled CAM
    Looked for ASUTEK drivers.

CAM still won't find Kraken, and it's not showing up in my device manager either.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please follow these troubleshooting instructions.

If you are using a Kraken X31/X41/X61 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.
    If you do not see any these devices then that means that the Kraken is not making…

14. Cam Freezes when pc is under heavy usage

I had my pc on and cam is working perfectly fine. When I start gaming in graphics intense games or cpu intense games cam overlay will not respond. That's when I checked cam and it is frozen in time. the cpu temp, usage, storage, and gpu stats are all not responding. Cam fixes it self when the pc is restarted but the same problem will pop up when the pc is put under stress or heavy usage. you can exit the app and lunch it again but it will still be frozen plz fix this

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

15. 3.6.3 Temp unstable

Ever since updating the CAM software to 3.6.3 the recorded temperature of my system has been going all over the place. In the space of 3 seconds it can go from 35C to 70C back to 35C. When doing this as it seems to think my CPU is about to melt the fans go full on and sound like a plane about to take off.
    What ever was done in the last update needs reverting back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify any issues.
    Thanks.

16. hue + does not work in cam 3.6.4. kraken x72 without rgb

hue + when turning on the computer it has the white leds but when it loads the app cam 3.6.4 hue + stops working, and the two channels of led strips go off, the hue + if it is recognized by cam but the channels are not visible. besides the light of the kraken x72 I can only program the colors of the ring but not the letters nzxt

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, in the latest versions (3.6.4 and 3.6.5) you can modify ring and logo separately. If you do not have this option, please send us a screenshot of your lighting section so we can verify it. Concerning Hue+ not working after CAM loads, please verify that it is not set to off, since before CAM loads, lights have to be white but after CAM loads, it loads the saved settings.

17. omg i don't understand why Release Program that's so unstable?

plz fix this :(

this new update will not keep saved setting what so ever and it crashes.

why relas patch that's not tested? i don't understand

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello sir, we are very sorry for the inconveniences this has caused you. As of version 3.6.4 and now 3.6.5 this issue was fixed. If you continue to have an issue with this, please let us know so we can verify if there is an issue with your account in particular. But there should be no more problems.

18. Stop the madness!

This will be the 3rd time I have to completely rebuild my CAM config in a little more than a week. It started with 3.6.2 (i think), lost fan curves and lighting profiles... rebuilt. CAM updated to address settings sync issue, pulled some of previous config back but fan curves overwritten to default, rebuilt. Had to reboot my machine last night... logged in, all CAM settings wiped... again, said F!!K it and went to bed. Logged in today, saw CAM update available, ran update, still no settings... will rebuild again because your software team is still incompetent and I'm getting…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello sir, we are very sorry for the inconveniences this has caused you. As of version 3.6.4 and now 3.6.5 this issue was fixed. If you continue to have an issue with this, please let us know so we can verify if there is an issue with your account in particular. But there should be no more problems.

19. Fullscreen in 3.6.0

I no longer see my load and temperature status in fullscreen mode and i only see the temperature charts no longer the load circles and the ram load circle has disappeared under a slider.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you running 3.6.4? If not, please update to that version, if yes, could you please provide a screenshot of this issue so we can review it?
    Thanks.

20. hue + does not work in cam 3.6.3

hue + when turning on the computer it has the white leds but when it loads the app cam 3.6.3 hue + stops working, and the two channels of led strips go off, the hue + if it is recognized by cam but the channels are not visible

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base