CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. Kraken x52 problem with Noctua F12 PWM Fan

Hello guys, i bought Kraken x52 last night and installed Kraken x52 in my Case . I got problem with my Noctua F12 PWM fan when these dont start spinning till I login to windows or I have to open CAM . My Noctua fan only spin when CAM has launched

I bring Noctua back my h100i Corsair and their still working even if I didnt setup Corsair's app

Can u tell me how to fix that shit ? I tried many way but still not working

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. What is the default Fan RPM/Percentage for the Kraken x62?

i replaced my fans with noctuas and i want them running at the same as the default fans were running. Aftermarket fans dont run unless you set it in cam and apparently the nzxt fans run at a default unless cam is open. so does anyone know the default fan percentage/rpm?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. CAM shortens your SSD live. Used Process Monitor v3.5 and found in 6 hours CAM has written over 10GB.

Context: I build, test, benchmark and review PCs and teach others on tech how-tos for couple of channels on YouTube. I finished my personal gaming PC built back on 01/02/2018 and since the case is the NZXT H700i, naturally I installed CAM (v3.5.80 as of now). The OS drive in this build is a brand-new Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB SSD purchased on 12/20/2017. This PC is mainly for gaming so it sits idle most of the time. I use Samsung Magician (among other software) to manage the drive.

The Issue: Couple of days ago while I was checking…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audio sync refresh is to low and changes based on default audio device.

All test ran with the same sound on a loop
    Speakers realtek 3.5mm - laggy but using full range
    Razer Kraken 7.1 - only flickers the red section of lights regardless of EQ, Bass boost, and Volume level
    Steam streaming or remote connection - no lights

Light levels are also inconsistent with intensity of audio. Sync seems to only respond to super heavy bass.

Stops working when software is closed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Often the fan control doesn't work

I don't know if it is a crashing BUG but, sometimes, while I'm using my PC CAM it's not full loaded or it goes in a "downgrade" and it wouldn't show me the fan controls... it also means that profiles won't work and it makes CPU get high temperatures. The fan control TAB disappear within a other couple of tabs... it is very uncomfortable and the only way to gix it is to reboot the PC. It is also dangerous for the PC health. will you fix it asap?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cooling tab disappears

Cooling tab disappears. I think it has something to do with Gigabytes software Appcenter. I noticed it wasn't there when I was overclocking my cpu through appcenter. I had to reinstall Cam just to get it back. I tried using Appcenter and it disappeared again.

Not sure why, seems like a bad bug. Is it possible Appcenter is taking control of the cooling options? Please fix.

Specs:
    I7 8700K
    GTX 1070
    16GB RAM
    Aorus Gaming 7 Mobo

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. fans no rpm and 0 watt

the program worked correctly, but now it no longer shows fan speed and power consumption.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3.3.9 Doesn't detect x62 after every other reboot of my system.

Running the repair option gets the x62 detected again but 2 resets later and it has been lost again, every 2 resets. This is starting to get extremely frustrating. I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled and that has made no difference. Also give an offline version!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Higher cpu usage version 3.5.80

It’s been odd since yesterday. The cpu hits 90% usage on Version 3.5.80

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. cam_v3.exe constantly scanning usb drive

Running version 3.5.90 on a fresh Windows 10 build 1803 installation. I'm using Process Monitor to verify that cam_v3.exe is constantly scanning my USB drives. Why?

Under General, I turned off HDD Detection.

Under Notifications, I turned off HDD Notifications.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CAM software version3.5.90 not showing GPU temperature

not showing GPU temperature in CAM
    my specs are:
    i7-7700HQ
    GTX 1050
    window 10
    8GB ram

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. CAM no longer has GPU GTX 1070 temp data after June 5 Nvidia Driver update

After updating to the latest 398.11 6/05 GTX 1070 driver, the latest CAM no longer shows GPU data.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Kraken x42 and/or CAM keep getting stuck and not updating their settings or changing state.

I keep having issues with the kraken and CAM getting stuck in a certain state and becoming impossible to control. It just keeps happening no matter what I do, although some things get the device stuck all the time, one such thing is audio mode which gets the kraken stuck immediately. Other things such as playing too much with the leds or using smart mode will get it stuck after a while. I also had the device get stuck on its own after a while. When it gets stuck, changing setting by CAM does nothing, but what's most dangerous, is…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. GPU/CPU TEMP INCREASE WITH NEW UPDATE

I updated CAM yesterday and immediately noticed that my CPU & GPU temps where on average 10-15c hotter than prior to the update. I’ve never received a temp warning until after this update. I only play two games, fortnite and PUBG. I have a gigabyte Aorus 1080ti and 8700k. Anyone else noticing a temperature increase according to CAM since the update?

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. CAM v 3.5.90 is having big problems

I have problems with random computer freezes. When typing text in any program or when playing/pausing youtube videos it would stutter. When texting it would pause before new letters already typed will appear.

I did try several restarts, and finally found out it was CAM who caused it. As when shutting down CAM the stuttering stopped completely. Then did some reasearch online and found out it was due to the FPS overlay. Even though I had it turned off from standard, as it comes off when installing CAM. I still have to enable it, and then disabeling it for the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. CAMFPS Settings Menu opens instead of the Main Program, making it impossible to change control my Kraken and Hue+.

The problem ocurred after the CAMFPS settings program became visible without any reason. Executing the CAM shortcut and .exe brings up CAMFPS instead of the CAM software. I have no way of changing my hardware settings for lights and fan/pump speeds. I'm in desperate need of help.

CAMFPS Ver. 0.052 (4.0.30319.42000)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 0 fan speed rpm

My CAM software shows 0 fan speed RPM in CPU I have the Kraken x62 AIO and I have it connected following the manual directions. When I turn off the computer for some hours and turn it on I would get the H700i smart device showing only in the detected devices. I also have the NZXT USB HUB as well and sometimes it would have a yellow triangle and I would have to remove it and reinstall it to get it to work again and also click the detect devices in CAM software to show the Kraken AIO and the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Getting blue screens when CAM is running

Been getting blue screens on Windows 10 x64 for the last few months. Thought it was a hardware problem, even swapped the RAM, and was ready to RMA the motherboard. But decided to test some more, and as long as I close CAM software when windows starts, no more blue screens.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Half of my settings disappear, included the rgb custom program and fan control curvs after first reboot.

Half of my settings disappear, included the rgb custom program and fan control curvs after first reboot. besides, it crashes quite often if my internet has slow upload speed. i actually cant control a thing in my pc and im stuck with the last settings I programmed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon, sorry for the inconveniences you are experiencing. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

So we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Send them to the email maximo.castro[at]nzxt.com.

Thank you for your cooperation and time.

20. Please, remove the loging when launching the program, it is too bothering

Please, remove the loging when launching the program, it is too bothering

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs