CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. CAM 3.6.8 wont let me change nor save custom settings.

CAM 3.6.8 wont let me change nor save custom settings.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cam 3.6 and 3.6.1 wont save any settings

As title says,Cam 3.6 and 3.6.1 wont save any settings. I tried clear install, admin rights, some combatibily setting but nope. Cam regrets to save any setting. It always starts up on default.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why your settings are not being saved correctly.

3. GPU custom fan curve not saving

I can't find any way to save my custom GPU fan curve in CAM 3.6.1. Really annoying :/.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

4. problems with test tap

in the cam software the Db (mic) show 0 on the testing tap :( what do i do??

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello sir, could you please explain with more detail the issue you are experiencing? Perhaps include a screenshot if possible? Thanks.

5. HDD detection enable cause Hard Drive making wired noise

version 3.6.1

hard drive: seagate ironwolf 6tb

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please go to “Settings” >> “General” >> and click on “Do not detect drive info”. This will stop checking your HD and remove the noises.

6. Cam is not finding my Kraken x42

Cam is not finding my Kraken x42 after I upgraded my PC. Yes i have reinstalled Cam multiple times. The detect button does not seem to be working either. I have a rotating white ring on my cooler. No i don't have aura installed. Fairly certain my USB 2.0 port is fine as i just installed the brand new MOBO last night. I don't have any options for lighting or cooling in CAM.

Specs:
    ASUS ROG strix x370-f gaming
    Ryzen 7 1800x
    EVGA gtx 960
    16Gb Corsair DDR4 2400

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

7. cpu gon to 80 wtf

i cant update the CPU and the FAN wtf always like that with update i heat NZXT please fix this or give me my money now i need to update the FAN speed and i cant

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, What NZXT hardware do you have? Is the hardware being controlled correctly?
    If you have an NZXT Fan, it is controlled from the Cooling Tab, not the Overclocking tab.
    Please let us know. Thanks.

8. NZXT Cam Bug again

I have encountered two problems with the NZXT software.
    I want to clarify that I recently reformatted my PC by reinstalling everything from scratch.
    Unfortunately, the software can not recognize the speed of the FAN as shown in the screenshot below :

https://s22.postimg.cc/8b3tpz4o1/cpu_fan_issue.jpg
    https://s22.postimg.cc/6w2919bap/release_version.jpg
    https://s22.postimg.cc/dza4gvog1/setting_issue.jpg

The OS is Windows 10 Pro v. 1803 and the mainboard is an MSI Z97 Gaming 7.
    In addition, now every time I restart the PC, the program loses the setting related to the minimized start and remains open to me and I have to manually minimize it every time.
    I have also opened a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unable to set a fan stop curve for lower GPU temps

Just updated to 3.6 and found that when crating a fan curve for gpu I cannot have the fan off under any certain temp. The lowest it goes is 40%. Which is unacceptable!!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Not Saving Lighting Profiles Across Update

First of all, this is NOT fixed even after many claims that this was fixed on other issue threads. I know this because I just updated CAM and all of my lighting profiles are gone! it happened last time as well, and last time support told me the same thing, " This should be fixed in update (insert most recent update at the time)". I spend a lot of time on my lighting profiles and I would rather not lose them every time you want to change how your program works. Its currently on version 3.6.0, If I update this…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. just updated to 3.6 all lights went off on my fans!

As I updated to 3.6 lighting in fans just went off! When pc starts lights on fans are on! Once Cam loads they go off!!! WTF???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

12. Cam getting ready to launch stuck in 90%

After booting up the pc and launching cam, cam will load normally but get stuck in 90%. i am using the latest version of cam and it is not my internet I'm using ethernet.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hello, I'm having a problem - the program does not see installed in the system block water cooling system Kraken X62 ...... body NZXT H700,

Hello, I'm having a problem - the program does not see installed in the system block water cooling system Kraken X62 ...... body NZXT H700i .Help please solve the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try these troubleshooting steps to see if CAM can detect the Kraken:

If you are using a Kraken X42/X52/X62/X72 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a mini to regular USB cable and route…

14. Lost lighting tab in CAM

I have all of a sudden lost my lighting tab on CAM. I've restarted my computer 1 too many times, and have re-installed CAM several times....my kraken is working, but really regretting spending the money for RGB cooler that I cannot control....I want this resolved ASAP!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Anonymous, if you don’t have a ligting tab, it’s possible that CAM is not detecting your Kraken. Please try these troubleshooting steps to see if this fixes your issue:
    If you are using a Kraken X42/X52/X62/X72 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came…

15. BSOD's when running adaptive function

Various BSOD's when trying to run adaptive initial tests

Brand new build
    i7-8700k
    gtx 1080
    strix mobo
    G-skill trident Z 32Gb

all hardware have lastest bios/drivers

using an NZXT Grid V3

unable to run CAM as it automatically commences adaptive testing and BSOD's when entering load

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Please update to version 3.6.7 by downloading from here: https://camwebapp.com/download/

I’d suggest uninstalling the previous version before installing the new version as a clean install rather than updating it.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved after this.

Thanks.

16. Cam causes computer to turn off.

CAM causes the computer to randomly shut down when it's running. I have 3.6.6. Fans won't spin at all unless CAM is running, so this is quite annoying. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling CAM, but it doesn't help.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, which version of CAM are you using? The latest version is 3.6.6, if this is not the version you are currently using, please download it from https://camwebapp.com/download/ and let us know if the issue continues to happen.
    Thanks, and sorry for the inconveniences.

17. Wrong Temperature(s(CPU))

My c with ryzen utility is 28-30c, with cam it's 43-44. It was 54-55 b4 because i did not let the thermal paste cool down.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, the most recent version, (3.6.7) fixes the wrong temperature reading issue. Please update by downloading from here: https://camwebapp.com/download/

I’d suggest uninstalling the previous version before installing the new version as a clean install rather than updating it.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved after this.

Thanks.

18. Progarm problem

Hi, i got 2 hue hub i cant manually control both it just sync as one cause i got 2 led strip and 6 nzxt fan. already separate it to 2 led strip to one chl 4 fan to one chl and the last 2 to one chl. the last 2 fan i cant seem to control it. please help fix this issue

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, what type of setting are you trying to do in the different channels? Please describe it with as much detail as possible so we can see how to help you. Thanks.

19. Hue light control never was added to CAM dashboard just installed latest version

Hue light control never was added to CAM dashboard just installed latest version

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, are the light strips being detected? Do they light up in any color? Or are they off?
    If they are off, they could be connected incorrectly or the cables could be damaged. If they light up but the lighting tab does not come up, we would need to see your program logs to verify if CAM is not detecting them correctly.

Please let us know. Thanks.

20. Cam 3.6.6 ne ce lance pas

Bonjour, au démarrage de mon pc Cam 3.6.6 ne ses pas lancer, et impossible de le lancer via le laucher, j'ai utiliser l'outil de réparation du logiciel, désinstaller et réinstaller et lancer en mode administrateur mais rien a faire il ce lance pas, mais ce lance avec la version 3.5.9 trouvé sur le net, ayant un kraken x72 un hue+ et un gridv3+ et au prix ou j'ai payer ce matériel merci de bien vouloir corriger votre logiciel rapidement !

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, in version 3.6.6 there is a bug that if you have “Start when Windows starts” and “Start CAM minimized” both selected, CAM will not auto start, but if you de-select “Start CAM Minimized” it should start with Windows correctly. This has been informed to the devs and we expect to have it fixed for the next update.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base