CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. CAM 3.6.8 app does not save the settings

For 2 updates, the application does not save the configurations of the fans and the pump. Every time I restart the computer or close the application, the settings are restarted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • settings upload failed / vers. 3.5.9

CAM keeps spaming "settings upload failed every 5 sec. with

vers. 3.5.9

8 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • CAM not showing cpu temp or load

Since 3.6.6 CPU temp and load is not showing.
        Reinstalling etc does nothing.
        Installed 3.6.7 today and it's the same.
        https://imgur.com/a/KPJpmt2

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Andreas, thank you for informing us of this. It’s a very strange issue. I will email you so that you can send me your logs please.

• Software Agreement Screen. I CANNOT SELECT Agree,ONLY DECLINE

Software Agreement Screen. I CANNOT SELECT Agree,ONLY DECLINE

6 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, what version of CAM are you using? This issue was fixed in 3.6.3, and the latest version is 3.6.7. Please update to 3.6.7 and let us know if you still have this issue. Thanks.

• LED strips not detected on n7 motherboard

I've just recently finished a build using NZXT's n7 motherboard, and my LED strips are not detected by CAM software despite them lighting up (in the default white). I'm currrently using both LED headers on the board, with two LED strips attached to each header. I've completed builds with this same set up before with no trouble, so I would like to know what the problem is

6 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why this is happening. Thank you.

• Kraken x61 not detected v3.5.80

my X61 was detected by cam fine when I origionally built my system in 2014 with windows 7. Upon doing the free windows 10 upgrade cam still had no issues detecteding the x61. I have however done a complete fresh reinstall of windows 10 and CAM will now not detect my x61, the device manager finds the 690LC however will not let me update/install a driver.

19 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                4 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, sorry for the inconveniences you are experiencing with our software.

If you are using a Kraken X31/X41/X61 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps
                Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
                Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
                Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
                If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.
                If you do not see any these devices then that means that…

• Can't change language on version 3.6.2

When updated to version 3.6.2 , Can't choose language on Settings.
                Only can choose English.
                Reinstall 3 times CAM 3.6.2 still same.

The old version does not have this problem.

5 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Cam 3.6.2 no longer showing liquid temp and pump speed - X61

Cam 3.6.2 no longer showing liquid temp and pump speed - X61
                  Also, the displayed cpu fan speed is actually the case fan speed - ASUS Maximus VIII Impact motherboard.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

The liquid temp and pump speed are displayed in the fan settings, by expanding the pump section. We will review the CPU fan speed issue. Thanks for letting us know.

• Cant get my lighting tab

I dont have my lighting tab in my cam software. i've reinstalled it and i've also unplugged it from the mobo. also i have restarted my computer. ive even tried disableing HDD i need help please im trying to get a good theme going in my pc.

i would like if possible to go back to a later version of CAM software.

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, are the lights being detected by your computer? Do they light up as white or blue or just stay off?

What version of CAM are you currently using?

Please let us know, thanks.

• 3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Fernando, are you logging in or are you using guest mode?
                        When you make the modifications, do you apply them or just make the change and then go to a different tab or to your game? (I ask this because another user was not noticing the apply button on the bottom left, which made the changes not save, so when he turned his computer off, CAM would load the old settings that were saved)
                        Lastly, a new version of CAM was published today (3.6.8) please update to that one and let me know if the issue is still occurring.

Thanks.

• CAM placement - small bug

small bug with 3.6.0 / 3.6.1 - when CAM starts I move it to a specific place on my 2nd monitor but when I restart CAM / my PC its back on my main monitor in the center.

4 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • I cannot sign in on Cam 3.6.0-3.6.1, and guest mode doesn't work

I cannot sign in on Cam 3.6.0-3.6.1. I'm sure my email address and password are both correct. It keep show invalid I don't know why? I can sign in on your site with the same account!

OK, I give up, but guest mode doesn't work, always stucks in 100%

SO DO YOU WANT ME TO USE CAM OR NOT?

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

• "CPU Fan speed error detected" after latest update(s)

After installing the latest updates (I think there were 2 updates, right?) my computer now gets the "CPU Fan speed error detected" when booting. The first update was installed normally (but deleted my preferences as others have pointed out), but the second one took ages to install (which I found strange). Today when I started my computer, surprise, it won't start: "CPU Fan speed error detected". I don't think this is a coincidence. NZXT, please help!

I have a X62 on an Asus Z270E motherboard (I guess the rest of the components are irrelevant).

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
                              C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

• Can't log into My Account

I am a Chinese user, and I can't log in to my account with CAM software since the 3.6.0 update. It shows "Invalid email address or password, please try again." I have tried changing my password and even applied a new account, but neither works for me. I could log in 100% fine before the update, so please fix this issue. Thanks.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

• CAM 3.6.6 CPU temps still getting stuck

Temperatures are still getting stuck even when CPU temps rise. Fans will not speed up appropriately causing overheating on CPU while rendering HD video files. Please fix!

Windows 10, Ryzen 2700x, ASUS Crosshair IV Hero motherboard, GTX 1080Ti GPU, 32GB RAM

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, the most recent version, (3.6.7) fixes the wrong temperature reading issue. Please update by downloading from here: https://camwebapp.com/download/

I’d suggest uninstalling the previous version before installing the new version as a clean install rather than updating it.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved after this.

Thanks.

• 3.6.0 not detecting grid v2

Latest cam update does not see my grid fan controller at all anymore

4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• 2 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• This update broke the lighting

Why remove all the options from the custom tab? The audio tab is broken too, can't even load any of the modes into my devices, it just stays in the previous mode I selected. Covering marquee is still broken too, first LED of the chain flickers between the colors you selected, it's awful. Please fix this guys, I was about to purchase a package of the Hue Extension strips and an H700i case to upgrade from my previous stuff but this update (along with some past ones but mostly this one) seriously made me reconsider this decision. Are you guys…

2 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• My CAM is making PC randomly crash. I can only bypass with a hard reset.

My CAM is making PC randomly crash. I can only bypass with a hard reset.

I have a beefy PC and the freezes are random. 90% of them are when Im not even gaming which is even wierder. Please fix this NZXT...

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A new version of CAM has been released (version 3.6.0) where several of the currently known bugs have been taken care of. Please go to https://camwebapp.com/download to download it and verify if this fixes the issues you are experiencing.

Before installing, please fully uninstall the previous version of CAM, then delete the folder from C drive >> Program Files >> NTXT, and restart the computer before installing this one.

If your issues continue to occur, please inform us. Thank you, and sorry for the inconveniences.

• Cam often Closed for no reason

I don't know since which version, but this is a problem I have for at least 6 months. On 2 different windows clean installation, cam is open, desktop is idling, I go gaming, then finding that the heat dissipation is low at the back.

Trying to figure out what's the issue, I am thinking of going into CAM to see why fans didn't kicked in, and I see that the software is off...

Often, every week, software is closed. It's running at windows startup, computer doesn't update for nothing. I have this issue with different CAM version, different windows clean…

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base