CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. HUE+ not lighting up

Cam is detecting my HUE+ and lighting up the unit but none of the LEDs are lighting up on on channel. On channel 2 a single LED lights up

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Eric Lam responded

Hey there, can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com? Click on “Contact Support” on the right side.
    I would like to troubleshoot with you personally. Thanks!

2. CAM 3.2.37 no lighting tab

After i installed CAM 3.2.37 there is no more lighting tab to be found inside the CAM software

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

That is very strange, can you try reinstalling CAM and see if that helps? The previous version didn’t have this issue?

Can you send the log files to me? eric.lam@nzxt.com. Please state in the title the subject so I know what the log is about.

Guys, can you guys try going into Settings and disable HDD Detection? Then restart CAM.

3. CAM 3.3.1 Update

Today I installed the CAM 3.3.1 Update. It seems to have messed up my PC. Since the restart after installation, CPU temperatures are suddenly going to 80° C when in a game! What have you done with this update? Everything was running smoothely and cool until I installed this cr*p. Even a roll back to version 3.3.0 didn't help. The update was the only change I did today...
    Also, I have a game freeze after a short while.
    I'm really angry atm.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, I do apologize for the inconvenience. What Kraken are you using? Can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com? Click on “Contact Support” on the right side so we can further diagnose this issue.
    Can you also attach your errorlogs? C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs Thanks

4. 5th fan Glitch

For some reason my 5th aer rgb fan will not show up as available on the CAM Software. It will work maybe once or twice when changing the colors, but it will eventually shut off (rgb will shut off, not fan) and If i try other colors the 5th fan will begin to glitch out or not respond at all.

I bought the whole NZXT Package:
    5x aer RGB Fans
    Kraken X52
    Grid+ V2
    HUE+
    Internal USB HUB
    I also set it up like PCPartPickers did so I know theres was working fine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Update* Try doing this
    Uninstall CAM

Shutdown your PC

Switch off your PSU

Unplug USB from HUE+

Wait 10 seconds, then start PC

Install CAM , shutdown PC

Plug USB back in. Start PC

Let me know if this works.

Hey there, the latest update for CAM 3.3.1 from camwebapp.com has a firmware update for the HUE+ that should resolve this bug. Thank you!

5. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, we apologize deeply for the inconvenience. We are currently going through a server maintenance and are looking to have it back and running soon. For the time being try logging in as Guest. Thank you for the patience.

If you still have issues, can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com? Click on “Contact Support” on the right side.
    Please attach your error logs C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs Thanks

6. Cam window won't open

I just received my Hue+ kit, excitedly installed the LED strips, and have had nothing but negative experiences since booting up my machine and installing CAM. It's stupid enough that they tie the custom lighting software into monitoring software, but whatever.

The issue here is that the CAM process is running, the app appears in my dock below (this is running on Windows 10), but I can't bring up the window. If I press Alt+Tab, I can see the application running in the preview, but I can't for the life of me get that window open. This has been one…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, if you see the CAM preview window when you hover over the task icon but the window doesn’t appear when you click on the icon. You might be experiencing an issue where the window is on a different “phantom” monitor.

Try doing this, Shift + R-Click the CAM taskbar icon, select Move, and use the Arrow Keys to return the CAM window to your usable desktop space.

If you still have issues, can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com? Click on “Contact Support” on the right side.

7. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

So you needed to use an external uninstaller? if you use the uninstaller provided by windows the same error occurred?

8. Add other game profiles

Hello, is it possible to add more game support for the Hue+?

Right now, it's just CS:GO - I was curious if there's plans to add other games, such as League of Legends

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope this issue has been resolved. The following ticket will now be closed due to this ticket being involved with our older version. Please update to our newest version and see if you still exhibit the same behavior. If you do, please submit a new post. Thank you.

9. cam not detecting kraken x52

CAM wont detect the kraken x52. ive checked the usb, checked drivers etc, still nothing even after a fresh install of cam and drivers

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. disabling csgo lightining

in lightning / game mode i have csgo diabled and it still uses the effects which i dont want
    pls fix

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  fan.ding responded

This issue is now fixed with the latest update (3.2.25). Sorry for the inconvenience.

11. Can't set fan speed on a specific (multiple) GPU

I've 4 external fans and 4 GPUs.

I've found no way to set a fan curve/speed depending on a specific GPU.

Like Fan1 set to GPU1, Fan2 to GPU2, etc.

Much more, right now it's based on "GPU", but I've no idea on which GPU it takes the temperature - or maybe it's an average? I don't really have time to check this... Please confirm?

Now I'm afraid I lost 40€ and I've to learn programming and Arduino :-(

Hoping you can help?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, this is a good idea and is something we can look into. Thanks!

12. Can CAM control RGB lights with no HUE+?

I'm planning on getting a Kraken X52, and a Z270 motherboard that has ASUS Aura RGB strips as headers on the board itself. I was wondering if I was able to place strips on there and plug in my cooler, and possibly get Aer RGB fans for the Kraken itself. Meaning I would have no need for the HUE+, but would have a need for the CAM software.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, unfortunately you will not be able to control any RGB lights that isn’t our NZXT products or any products that is externally supported by CAM. Currently CAM does not support the Asus RGB motherboards. Thank you for your time!

13. x62 Kraken LED Bug

My NZXT Kraken x62 has a weird LED bug.
    Some of the LEDs on the LED Ring are constantly white and there seems to be nothing to do about it via CAM.
    I tried to reinstall CAM and everything with the Kraken is working, except for those LEDs which cant be turned off and are constantly white.
    The LEDs I am talking about is the top right quarter of LEDs and those are constantly on in white colors.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, can you show me a picture of what you are saying? and can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com? Click on “Contact Support” on the right side.
    Can you also attach your errorlogs? C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs Thanks

14. GPU fan speed is zero

Got the latest update 3.2.22, GPU fan speed is zero do think its ever worked for me, but before it was on the tuning tab so didn't bother me.
    I'm running Windows 10Pro 64, and have a EVGA 750 TI SC with the latest drivers. X31 Kraken and Grid+ GPU Temp and Load work, its just fan speed and GPU-Z can read the fan speed.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hue+ 2 Channel on - Audio not smooth

I just bought the Hue+, mainly because of the Audio Visualisation with the RGB LED strips. It turns out, when I plug every 4 LED strips into channel 1 OR 2, it works fine, very smooth.

But when I plug in 2 LED strips each channel, so 2 LED strips on channel 1, and 2 LED strips on channel 2, the audio visualisation is not very smooth at all. At least not in comparison with the first method described above. It's very laggy, like playing with 20 fps, instead of 60.

It seems like the controller of HUE+ is overloaded…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. HUE+ stopped working

After the update 3.2.04 Hue+ does not communicate with CAM anymore. The Hue+ box has the white light, but the LED strips will not light up anymore. And when I open CAM it doesn't even recognize the Hue+ anymore.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope this issue has been resolved. The following ticket will now be closed due to this ticket being involved with our older version. Please update to our newest version and see if you still exhibit the same behavior. If you do, please submit a new post. Thank you.

17. app not work

The program does not work with me
    I downloaded the latest version and it does not work on Windows 10
    64 bit
    When I was in Windows 7 it was working normally either now it is not
    Uploaded the penultimate version as well as not working
    I get a message that Windows has a problem running the program
    It worked in Windows 7 compatibility mode and the problem still exists

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, that’s very strange. Try using these programs to help you uninstall/install CAM

http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Also try running CCleaner to help you clean out your registry
    http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/

Then reinstall CAM.

If you still have issues, can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com? Click on Contact Support on the right. Thanks!

18. GPU Temperature

CAM Software doesn't show the GPU temperature of my Nvidia 940MX graphics card unless the GPU is being used by an application when CAM starts

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19. clicking

I recently purchased the Kraken x52...the cooler works, but the moment I open CAM it begins to click every few seconds, over and over. The clicking instantly stops when I close CAM. I've already set my CPU fan to 100% in the BIOS, and I've tried a number of hotfix beta clients that I've found posted on the NZXT subreddit. Nothing worked. I'd really appreciate some help here :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there, can you go into your CAM settings and uncheck on “HDD Detection”. See if you still get the clicking noise.

If you still have issues, can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com and ask for assistance? Click on “Contact Support” on the right side.

20. Kraken x62

Hi,

I've recently installed a Kraken x62 and the USB is connected to my USB header via a NZXT USB extender.

The Fan RPM shows as zero and is the only reading that isn't picked up correctly (Pump rpm and temps all read fine).

Any ideas how to fix?

Best,
    Paul

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, can you double check if you have the Kraken fan header connected to the CPU_Fan header on your motherboard?

If you still have issues, can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com and ask for assistance? Click on “Contact Support” on the right side.
    I would like to troubleshoot with you personally.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base