CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

1. Software wont let me accept Disclaimer

It wont allow me to accept disclaimer so I cant adjust my fans which is VERY important to me, during gaming.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CAM reset general setting every time restart pc or restart CAM software, unable to tick Start CAM minimized and interface accent color

CAM reset general setting every time restart PC or restart CAM software, unable to tick Start CAM minimized and interface accent color reset to blue as well.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Eric Lam responded

CAM should save your settings onto cloud every time you click apply in any settings page. However, if you run into any issues with the settings not being saved or being reverted back to default upon every launch of CAM. There may be an issue with the settings file in your CAM installation folder. Try doing a reinstallation of CAM as there may have been other files that were corrupted during the initial installation process. We recommend performing a clean install in this case. To perform a clean boot, type “msconfig” in the start search and hit enter. Then select the “Services” tab and check “Hide all Microsoft Services”. Then click on “Disable all”. After, click “Apply/OK” and restart your PC. Then reinstall CAM again and restart your PC when prompted by the CAM installer. Once you have done so and you have launch CAM. Login as Guest…

3. OpenGL Support

Support for OpenGL and other APIs for the CAM overlay, that would be great. Thank You

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the support. Please post this in the CAM’s idea section

4. CAM not working on PC wake

When I wake my PC from sleep CAM does not re-enable lighting or fan/pump settings properly. HUE+ and Kraken run in default mode. CAM needs to be closed and opened again for settings to come back.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, try clicking on the “Detect Device” button on the Device page and see if that helps.

5. kraken x61 CAM no longer showing in software

My Kraken X61 is no longer showing in the CAM software. I have no Lighting control or fan control. The liquid temp is no longer showing. I have tried a differant usb header and have even changed the motherboard and re-loaded windows. The pum seems to work but I have no control. The unit does not show up in device manager or devices and printers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using a Kraken X31/X41/X61 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps

Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit. Avoid using the word CAM when creating the ticket so it does not get filtered out into our software support department.

If you do not see any these devices then that means that the Kraken is not making a connection to your motherboard as Windows does not detect the driver. You may want to contact…

6. Hello, I installed CAM3.5 software, as long as a piece of software, the hard disk will continue to turn the sound of reading hard disk, whic

Hello, I installed CAM3.5 software, as long as a piece of software, the hard disk will continue to turn the sound of reading hard disk, which is very annoying, is there any way to solve, I have tried to set the < Measure> HDD off but no effect, please guide

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We hope this issue has been resolved. The following ticket will now be closed due to this ticket being involved with our older version.
    Please update to our newest version 3.5.8 (www.camwebapp.com) and see if you still exhibit the same behavior.
    If you do, please submit a new post or ticket by clicking on “Contact Support” on the right. Thank you.

7. Old Notifications Reoccurring

Whenever CAM launches the same two notifications pop up. "Your CPU temperature has exceeded 98C" and "Space on your Disk C:\ is running low" even though I created more space on my C:\ Disk and was attempting overclocking for the first time and happened to hit 98C only once. None of these notifications are issues anymore, they were at the time. Now they will not go away. I tried going into settings and disabling notifications, cleared the notifications from the little letter icon in the top right corner and this has kept through multiple updates, they just keep coming back.…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, we are aware of this issue and will be looking to have an update on this soon.

If you still have issues, can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com? Click on “Contact Support” on the right side.
    Please attach your error logs C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs Thanks

8. Can't Change my LED colors

I cannot change my LED lights on my strip on fans. After updating to the new software it is now stuck on white. There is no where to even look to change the colors on the CAM software.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. CAM causing League of Legends to become unplayble.

I have a fresh install of windows 10 pro on my computer. Installed league of legends and played a game to test it out. It worked fine. I then found out about CAM software and wanted to install it on my computer. I turned on my computer and booted CAM up every time. When i tried to play League, I could get into the log in screen, load a game, and be stuck at the Summoners Rift map without being able to see anything else but the map. The champions wouldn't appear and I couldn't move around to see anything…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is no longer happening. If it happens to you using the latest version, please open a new ticket or leave a comment in this one and we will get back to you.

10. CAM 3.3.5 won't auto load on start up for non admin user

Hi and first let me say, love the RGB products. Full Razer set up with the S340 Razer case, Kraken X42 cooler, Razer Black Widow Chroma, and Mamba mouse.

My problem is CAM will not auto load for the local non-admin user. If logged in as the admin, no problems. (Auto-Start with Windows is ON)

If my son, who doesn't have admin access to the PC, logs in first - CAM will not auto start. If you click to load CAM from the start menu, it requires admin authorization to run.

I tried the scheduling work around without any success.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. my water temp is showing 4 degrees lower in cam than any other software hwinfo hwmonitor.

my water temp is showing 4 degrees lower in cam than any other software hwinfo hwmonitor.

before the last update they where only 0.4 - 0.8 degrees out

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We hope this issue has been resolved. The following ticket will now be closed due to this ticket being involved with our older version.
    Please update to our newest version (www.camwebapp.com) and see if you still exhibit the same behavior.
    If you do, please submit a new post or ticket by clicking on “Contact Support” on the right. Thank you.

12. CPU fan has lost its connection and is no longer spinning.

There was an update for CAM and once the update finished, I got a CAM notification that said, "CPU fan has lost its connection and is no longer spinning." I am unable to tell if the fan is spinning, as my case is sort of dark. In CAM, however, the temperature shows, but the fan speed shows 0 and the thing to the left of it says N/A. I don't remember what ithe left area says, but I turned off my computer to avoid overheating. Thanks for any help

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

CAM reads the CPU_Fan header on most motherboard. Please verify that you have the CPU Fan connected to the CPU_Fan header on your motherboard.

If you are using a Kraken, please be sure to have at least one of the radiator fans connected to the 4 pin header on the Kraken fan port. The Kraken pump cable should be connected to the CPU_Fan header on your motherboard as well.

13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, please try reinstalling CAM and see if the overlay works then. We saw some issues with the updating process that disabled the fps overlay.

14. Cam not showing GPU Temperatures

Cam does not shows my GPU stats, neither in the dashboard nor in the FPS overlay. I have a laptop with GTX 920mx.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. We have no extensively done enough testing to fully support laptops with CAM. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

15. Mis à jours logiciel NZXT CAM HEU+

Je ne peux plus modifier les couleurs de mes bandes LED Depuis une récente mis à jours du logiciel,en effet je n'ai plus d'onglet HEU+ et quand j'essaye d'installer le pilote via le logiciel,rien ne se passe,j'ai essayer une version antérieur,la plus récente,redémarrer plusieurs fois l'ordinateur,lancer en administrateur mais rien ne se passe.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Программа не всегда и не во всех играх работает

Кам Оверлей не всегда отображается в играх, причём не во всех он вообще работает а только в некоторых играх. Дизайн супер, но... в общем ищу другую сейчас программу для мониторинга игр. Ваша не работает! Еще недостаток в том что при запуске программы нужно всегда логиниться в свой аккаунт в противном случае она просто не запускается - это огромный минус! Не пригодный продукт, хоть и красивый.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  15 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. cam software using 30% cpu resource

Don't buy NZXT products or promote them until they fix their garbage software. I want my money back. Here's nzxt's take on cpu cooling: Cool cpu? Ok lets make a flashy product pay youtubers to give it good reviews, and then couple it with software that will use up most of the thing we're trying to make more efficient. What were you thinking? 10% more effectiveness? Sure we can get that, we'll just need to use 40% of your system to get that extra 10%. Whats next nzxt? I'm surprised you didn't sell me a bucket of snow with instructions…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there, I do apologize for the inconvenience. Are you still experiencing this issue in our latest update? If you haven’t already, please uninstall CAM and install the latest version from camwebapp.com.

You can also use Microsoft Diagnostic Tool for a clean uninstall.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

If you still have issues, can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com? Click on “Contact Support” on the right side.
    Please attach your error logs C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs Thanks

18. Cam Bugs - Incorrect Temperature Notifications & Other Problems

I'm frequently getting a notification on CAM telling me that my CPU temp has exceeded 81/82 degrees celsius and that prolonged use at this temp can damage it. However upon investigation CAM tells me that the max temperature it has reached is 70. It shows a slightly lower max temp on CPUID HWMonitor. Is this a known bug?

Also getting somewhat over the continuous glitches related to the detection of my Kraken x52. I have reinstalled CAM about 6 or 7 times now and it repeatedly stops detecting it when I restart/put my computer to sleep. Last reinstall seems to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CAM wont control CPU fan

CAM wont control CPU fan. Using Asus z270 MOBO, and a NZXT X31. The Cam software shows the RPMs but wont change speeds. Help please.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please update to our newest version and see if you still exhibit the same behavior.

20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base