CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 3.6.1 GPU Fan Curve is broken

CAM no longer saves my custom curve, applies my custom curve, and the highest point of the curve I have control over is at 55C when before i didn't have a highest point. I don't want fans at 100% until 70C but this is not possible with the new update.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

• 3.6.1 now limits fan curves

You can't adjust the lower and higher end anymore

0 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, thank you for reporting the issues you are currently having. We are currently preparing a hotfix that will be published this friday 07/20/2018 which will take care of the hardware detection, Fan Curve temperature, Settings not saving or lost, and languages not displaying correctly issues. Please keep in mind that some issues only come up in specific builds and that is why sometimes we can not catch them while testing. Please continue to inform us if you find any other problems.

• CAM 3.6.0 will not save settings. MiniCAM displays incorrect temp data.

Previous version worked fine. New 3.6.0 revision removed ability to save settings and causes MiniCAM to change the data (adds about 100 F to all temps)

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

• The same username and password can log in to a web page, but not to a CAM ?

The same username and password can log in to a web page, but not to a CAM?

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• 3.6 no gpu fan shut off

Please allow for 0% fan speed on GPU under a given temp!!!

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Cam Not Detecting Led.s

Using the n7 mobo and for the first 4 months it has detected the 2 led strips i have installed. With no changes, CAM no longer detects led/s, nor does it even show an option for them. I have tried unplugging them and starting without, then shutting down and plugging them in again and turning it on again. Nothing has worked.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
                C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

• 1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Good day. Those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

• Half of my settings disappear, included the rgb custom program and fan control curvs after first reboot.

Half of my settings disappear, included the rgb custom program and fan control curvs after first reboot. besides, it crashes quite often if my internet has slow upload speed. i actually cant control a thing in my pc and im stuck with the last settings I programmed.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good afternoon, sorry for the inconveniences you are experiencing. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

So we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Send them to the email maximo.castro[at]nzxt.com.

Thank you for your cooperation and time.

• Terrible experience

Ordered 6 light strips and 4 were DOA but I thought it looked good with just those 2. Only using it to show a couple people and keeping the lights off mostly, now it has stopped working all together after just a couple months. Also the software is awful and the strips were randomly flickering before it died.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using a Smart Device and CAM is detecting the device but the LEDs on the strips do not light up or is lighting up in abnormal colors.
                      Please be sure to check if all the strips are properly aligned. The arrow on the connection cable should be pointed to the 5V on the strip. If you are using any extension cables please check those as well.
                      Please try each strip individually and see if any of them are defective. Exit out of CAM, then unplug all the strips from the Smart Device. Then plug one strip into the Smart Device and start CAM. Check and see if the strip appears in CAM and the LEDs can be controlled. Repeat this for all the strips. If the strips are the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for replacement strips. Please state

• Using CAM and getting results for cpu and ram but not seeing fan speeds for GPU (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750)

Not seeing fan speed for NVIDIA GTX 750, and load shows at 100%. is there any way to get the fan speed to register on this ap? and is 100% load normal?

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, would you be able to send us a screenshot of your dashboard and your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues:

• Fortnite overlay not working win 10 3.5.90

I tryed to use overlay with fortnite because i wanted to see how my cpu stood up, but i tried and it didnt work ive tried directx but it wont download what do i do

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

The overlay requires DirectX Runtime to be installed.
                          Please install DX Runtime and then restart your PC and see if the overlay works. The link below will take you to the download site for the installer.
                          https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

Also make sure that you have tried manually enabling the overlay with the short keys (Shift + O). These shortcut keys can be changed from settings in CAM as well.

If the instructions above does not work please let us know which games the overlay is not working on.

Also, some games have an anti-cheat mechanism which can sometimes conflict with the CAM FPS overlay. We are currently working to fix this issue with many companies, but it is a process which takes some time and communication between the developer and NZXT.

• CAM still not working.

CAM still not working, latest version. Been like this for 1 week. Kraken is not found. I can't change fans speed, light, nothing. I don't see any updates, nothing. Should i burn my kraken and buy something else?

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, here are some troubleshooting tips.
                            If you are using a Kraken X42/X52/X62/X72 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.
                            Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
                            Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
                            Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
                            If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a mini to regular USB cable and route it to the back of your case to…

• h700i leds not turning on (NO HUE)

My stock led strips that came installed in h700i case will not turn on. they are plugged in and detected in CAM software. Please help!

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing.

If you are using a Smart Device and CAM is detecting the device but the LEDs on the strips do not light up or is lighting up in abnormal colors.
                              Please be sure to check if all the strips are properly aligned. The arrow on the connection cable should be pointed to the 5V on the strip. If you are using any extension cables please check those as well.
                              Please try each strip individually and see if any of them are defective. Exit out of CAM, then unplug all the strips from the Smart Device. Then plug one strip into the Smart Device and start CAM. Check and see if the strip appears in CAM and the LEDs can be controlled. Repeat this for all the strips. If the strips are the issue, please contact our support team over

• Lighting and Fan tabs are gone from CAM app.

This is how it looks https://imgur.com/a/EsWOvm6

I cant control the fan speed anymore and is now stuck at a minimal speed. It causes my cpu to heat up quite fast. this app was good a while ago, but after the update has gone bad.

any idea on how to fix this guys?

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello J, sorry for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing.

If the lighting and fan tabs are not showing up, it’s because CAM is not detecting them. Try going to the Devices tab and pressing on Detect Devices. If this does not work, try disconnecting and reconnecting your fans or changing the cables. Finally, if this does not work either, please send us your PC specifications, including OS and Hardware, and the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues:

• h400i rgb strip problem

Only one led works in the given led strip and it only shows green

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Kingston, sorry for the inconveniences you are currently experiencing.

Here are the possible solutions that have been provided to me.

Smart Device LED Strips
                                  Please try each strip individually and see if any of them are defective. Exit out of CAM, then unplug all the strips from the Smart Device. Then plug one strip into the Smart Device and start CAM. Check and see if the strip appears in CAM and the LEDs can be controlled. Repeat this

• 100% load on startup

100% load on startup
                                  I thought my gpu is dead after booting up to windows, ui is so laggy. I thought my ssd is dead too though I checked cam and it showed 100%gpu load on bootup but not on task manager. No gpu intensive apps where not running at the time. So I decided to uninstall it and reboot and it did it. No more ui lags like moving the mouse pointer shows lag, refreshing shows lag, etc.

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Ezequiel, would you please send us your PC specifications, including OS and Hardware, and the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues and run tests with a similar setup?

• CAM doesnt not install I WANT a REFUND !!!

PLEASE give third part software control as this CAM does not install

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, thank you for contacting CAM support and sorry for the inconveniences you are experiencing at this moment.

If you see a message that says “There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.”
                                      Try installing Microsoft’s Diagnostic Tool to help you with the installation/uninstallation of CAM
                                      https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed. Then try reinstalling CAM again after.

If you are stuck on the “Preparing Files For Removal” page during installation:
                                      1. Open the task manager
                                      2. Find the process called cmd.exe *32
                                      3. End that process
                                      The installation should pick up again, if not try relaunching the installer again.

For any other issues you can also try installing an external uninstaller (IOBit Uninstaller) http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php to do a clean removal of CAM from your PC. Then try reinstalling CAM again after.

If the…

• 3 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good afternoon, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why this is happening. Thank you.

• CAM Keeps popping up the error "Upload setting had failed"

It says "Upload setting had failed" "Please try save your component setting again" multiple times a minute. This happened after uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of CAM after an update failed, Version 3.1.71.

62 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          50 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Please update to version 3.6.7 by downloading from here: https://camwebapp.com/download/

I’d suggest uninstalling the previous version before installing the new version as a clean install rather than updating it.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved after this.

Thanks.

• PC hard Freezing using CAM Software

So about 5 weeks ago I built my new PC.

So I have been running windows 10, with booting cam on startup. And for weeks the freezing problem haunted me, I tried everything to figure it out from Memtest(over 16h) to endless benchmarking and stress testing software. Updating Bios, reformatting and pretty much updating every driver I could find. And recently I have not been starting cam on startup and my pc is fine, I can leave it on all week with no issues.

The freezes that I used to have however did not occur instantly, it could take a…

33 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            50 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base