CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Temps with v 3.6.3

I have an 8700K with MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC board, and all the labels for board temperatures are missing (not showing what it is, only Temperature repeating on each entry), and my Samsung SSD 960 EVO m.2 Nvme drive shows a current temp of -1 degree C. It does not seem correct and I think it used to work before the latest slew of updates. Any idea on a fix?
    Thx, GRC

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CAM software won't start after the update

Cam software won't start, again, after an update. I regret buying your hardware and I never will again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A new version of CAM has been released (version 3.6.3) where several of the currently known bugs have been taken care of. Please go to https://camwebapp.com/download to download it and verify if this fixes the issues you are experiencing.

Before installing, please fully uninstall the previous version of CAM, then delete the folder from C drive >> Program Files >> NTXT, and restart the computer before installing this one.

If your issues continue to occur, please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware specs and the CAM program logs which you can find in the following places:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

So we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconveniences.
  3. No Fans or RBG Lighting Strips Detected?

Since updating to 3.6.3, my CAM software only detects my Kraken X52. It doesn't detect my two Aer RGB Fans or the 4 Hue+ lighting strips I have connected. Any way to fix this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

4. Grid V3+ not remembering settings on Windows reboot

Running 3.6.3 and my fan settings reset every time i restart my computer. Custom profiles gone and all fans are set to silent. Fan names are lost also, so no settings are being remembered. I removed old versions of CAM before i installed this version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

5. CAM not showing information in game (CAM overlay)

I installed CAM on my surface pro 2017 with a Intel Core i7-7660U, and on the app it correctly displays the temperature of both of the cores, and all other information (except for the fan speed, which is not detected).
    My problem is when entering a game the only information it displays are FPS and average FPS, even if I try to add CPU temperature, memory, VRAM, or even time... I'm not sure if it's a compatibility problem, I have tried on multiple games and the problem is the same..

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Calibration

Stuck on stage 2:calibration.
    No error given. Tried few times.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good morning, we are sorry for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing.

We were unable to reproduce your current issue in our test machines, so I’d like to ask you to please reinstall CAM using the latest stable version, which you can find here:
    https://camwebapp.com/

Before installing, please fully uninstall the previous version of CAM, then delete the folder from C drive >> Program Files >> NTXT, and restart the computer before installing this one.

In the case it does not fix the problem, please send us your PC specifications, including OS and Hardware, and the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues:

Thank you for your cooperation and time.

7. not signing in automatically

not signing in automatically

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Non cambia la lingua

Salve, dopo aver aggiornato alle ultime versioni cam mi resta in inglese anche se imposto la lingua italiana, risolvere il problema poiché è veramente scomoda come cosa!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 软件不能选择中文了!

软件不能选择中文了!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are reworking the languages and will implement the translations in a future update. Sorry for the inconveniences this may be causing you.

10. CAM 3.6.x broke the H700i Smart Device again...

For the past few months of CAM 3.5.9, CAM has worked perfectly, before that there were many issues of which there was no solution until the 3.5.9 update. None of the NZXT USB driver solutions or fresh installs or even new Smart Device units solved the issue. Now CAM 3.6.x brings the problems back again. Smart Device is not detected so I have no control over fan curves, lighting or even seeing all my fan channels.

3.6.1 brought the issue of no longer being able to control 1 out of three of my fan channels.

3.6.2 made the problem worse…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue is continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

11. Software Agreement Screen. I CANNOT SELECT either Agree or Decline

CAM software worked fine for the past couple of months. Then these past few days there were 3 (?) updates that downloaded. Well now, CAM software is next to unusable.

The Software Agreement Screen shows up, which is fine. But I CANNOT select Agree or Decline since the buttons DO NOT WORK. If I madly click on "decline", the screen finally goes away and I go into "guest mode."

Yes, I tried madly click on "agree" but nothing happens. Unlike lots of users, I want to be logged in...

Also I have 2 monitors. I put CAM software on the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Fred, there is a slight delay in the buttons which we are working to fix. Have you tried clicking once and waiting for a couple of seconds? Please let me know.

12. I cannot sign in on Cam 3.6.2, and guest mode doesn't work (windows 10 Chinese version)

I cannot sign in on Cam 3.6.2, and guest mode doesn't work

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

13. More Update Issues

I've tried installing your last 3 updates over the past week and have the same issue with all of them. All updates over 3.5.90 cause my cpu temp to be reported around 6-9 degrees higher than previous versions, and my liquid temp disappears from the app as well. my hardware specs are as follows:

Kraken X61
    i7-5820k
    ASUS X99-A II mobo
    Sapphire 290X
    32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz DDR4
    960 Evo 250GB SSD
    850 Evo 1TB SSD

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Also, concerning the liquid temp, liquid temp and pump speed are displayed in the fan settings, by expanding the pump section.

14. settings, lights, min/max temps.

-Min/Max display on the dashboard are fixed at CAM startup, cant get them to show accurate temps.
    -the lights on the pump refuse to sync.
    -my custom settings were erased with the new patch, thanks for that, your settings dont like to change or save. i have to restart my comp several times to get each fan and pump to acctually react to the settings changes. pumps will pitch up then pitch back down when switching to a different fan.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

15. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Incorrect temps for GPU when maximized

When maximized, the GPU max/min temp is incorrectly reported to be identical to the CPU max/min temp. When not maximized, the GPU max/min temp is reported correctly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. X62 won't turn on after CAM v3.6 update

Updated to CAM v3.6 on 7/18/18. 1 day later on 7/19/18, computer won't boot due to X62 Kraken not starting during startup and causing an error message saying CPU fan error. X62 is 3 months old, no hard core gaming, I shut my computer off each day. Any ideas how to get this CPU fan up and running again besides replacement?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

18. RGB and fan curve reset when I reboot my system

As the title, my rgb and fan curve reset after i shut down and repress the power button to boot up my system, cam just reset itself every time.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Still Consistent Crashes.

Not even a hour after I got the update and restarted my computer to get a fresh start of CAM that the software crashed on me, effectively rendering just about all of my cooling options in my PC null. I can't keep having this issue happen otherwise I have just paid for an incredibly expensive 3 lb brick that can't do anything but give off cool colors. If I wanted that I would have just bought a brick and attached RGB strips to it, it would have much cost less and done about the same. The main different between the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

If you have updated to 3.6.2 and are still having issues with settings not saving or hardware not being detected, please try uninstalling and doing a clean install. If this still does not help. Please send us your PC specifications, including OS, Hardware and the Logs which you can find in the following places:

By uploading them to a file sharing service and posting it here so we can verify any logged issues, or try to reproduce the errors.

Thank you.

20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base