CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Cooler lights black out when CAM loads

So I've had the Kraken x52 with CAM for a few months now and it's been working fine, then today when CAM loads up, the x52 lights go off. I have to open my case and reconnect the cable for the lights to go back on.

If I'm in CAM when I reconnect, lights will go on, but it doesn't change when I customise them.

If I'm not in CAM when I reconnect, when I boot up CAM again, lights will go off again.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      8 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Being more specific, while reviewing your saved lighting configuration for your Kraken x52, it says that you have it set to “off” (There’s a knob in the lighting section next to the name of the peripheral’s lights you want to control). Turn that knob to the “on” position and that should fix your problem.

• My Hue+ and Kraken x62 are even not detected in Devices and Printers.

I connected them by a NZXT Internal USB Hub (2.0 port). They are all lit with white colors. I tried to reinstall drivers by reinstalling CAM multiple times, but it didn't work. Help!!!

345 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        122 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        completed  ·  Eric Lam responded

If you are using a HUE+ and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go to Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the MCP2200 device or any Unknown USB Device. Then restart your computer and check CAM again

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a micro to regular USB cable and route it to the back of your case to test this issue. If the cable is the issue, please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for a replacement USB cable.

Turn off your PC, then try using a different USB 2.0 port on…

• 50 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          18 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, we apologized for the inconvenience. This was a back end issue that should be resolved now.

• Kraken X52 LED issue

Hello,

So I have encountered some issues with my RGB controls and they start to frustrate me as nothing seems to work. The biggest problem is, that the CAM program doesn't give me any options for my LED settings, it seems that my Kraken X52 simply can't be found by the software. I have every cable plugged in correctly, I've double-checked on that. My AiO also cools the CPU well, but the white moving LED-ring annoys me, because my whole setup is RGB based and I can't even turn it off without any controls. (Oh, and by the way: I…

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            3 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • More POINT Control curve Temperature

What HAPPEND?!!

Seems like a joke....

What happened to the temperature points in the curve control?
            maximum 55º C ??? really?

Please put max temperature points.

It is a disaster.

2 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • température du gpu

La température de ma carte graphique reste à 0°C

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Glad to know that you no longer have a problem. Concerning the languages, we are currently re translating them. Once they are done, we will add them to the program again. Sorry for any inconveniences.

• non pmw fans not running anymore. Regardless of fixed profile on 100% they are not moving. Worked fine before the update. Please fix

non pmw fans not running anymore. Regardless of fixed profile on 100% they are not moving. Worked fine before the update. Please fix

2 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Fans don't spin at all, But CAM detects the Smart Device

I have a problem with my fans not spinning upon booting the PC. I have a H700i case with 3x AER RGB 140 and the 3 120 stock fans. From day one, i have had problems with the fans not always spinning upon booting and now i have simply grown tired. Is the Smart Device broken, or is it a Firmware problem. I just doubt it is the CAM software, as they don't even start when i turn on the PC. It seems like a firmware problem in the Smart Device it self.

I am looking to send back my…

6 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    4 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, thank you for contacting CAM support, we are sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing.

If you are experiencing an issue where the fans on the Smart Device are not spinning. Please check the specs on those fans. Each channel on the Smart Device can only support up to 10 watts and if you exceed that threshold the Smart Device will have a fail safe to shut off all the fans. At this time please shut off your PC and turn off your PSU. Then wait 10 seconds and turn your PSU and PC back on. See if the fans spin then.

It is also possible the 3 140 rgb fans may be plugged into one channel, which could be causing the watt limits to become over capacitated. In that case, try to distribute the fan connections amongst other free ports and see if that works.

• Program problem

I have 2 hue+ connected to my computer. 2 led strip and 4 nzxt fan in one hue+ the other hue+ I got my last 2 nzxt fan. When my computer is on all fans n strip is all lighted up but once cam software start to run only my led strip and the 4 nzxt fan still having light where else the other 2 nzxt fan on the other hue+ didn’t light up. In the cam software it show 2 hue+ I can’t seem to do any setting for the hue+ with my 2 fans. I only can apply…

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Hue+ not detected by CAM

Hue + not detected by CAM despite spending whole week following all troubleshooting ideas, also purchased a 2nd unit that wasn't being detected by cam. Your chat support team also admit it's a CAM fault. Are you guys willing to lose customers and face instead of getting this fixed? The worst part was that it worked for a single day then decided it didn't want to work anymore, which proves it isn't my hardware (same issue on my spare PC). What do you suggest guys?

3 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello anonymous, we are very sorry for the inconveniences you are currently experiencing.
                        Are these the troubleshooting instructions that you followed?

If you are using a HUE+ and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.
                        - Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
                        - Go to Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the MCP2200 device or any Unknown USB Device. Then restart your computer and check CAM again
                        If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. You can try using a different USB cable to check and see if the USB cable that came with the package is faulty. You can use a micro to regular USB cable and route it to the back of your case to test this issue. If…

• Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi RGB lighting settings still delete on shutdown

I downloaded the CAM software today (3 June 18) which I assume is the latest updated version. When I created a New Custom Profile for my Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi in the CAM software, (changed colour of LEDs from white to WAVE), it deletes the custom lighting settings when I Shutdown the computer, and the LED logo and backlighting revert to default white. But when I log into CAM again, the coloured WAVE settings appear again. I know this problem has been fixed by your team, but why is it still happening to me? Thank you in advance.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Frank, please clear something up for me so I can better understand your issue. You create a custom profile, but when you shut down your computer the lighting is white until CAM logs back in? Or does it stay white? Please let us know so we can determine if it is actually an issue or if it is the way the program works.

Thanks.

• Problem with correct recogintion of HUE+ RGB strips and GRID+ fans

Hello,

my 4 LED strips connected to port 1 of the HUE+ are recogniced as rgb fans in the cam software. Also my noiseblocker B12-2 fans with max 1300rpm are not configurable and always spin with a lower rpm. It is sown in CAM, that some spin at around 600 rpm, and some at 0rpm, but in reality they are all the same speed.
                          I want to be able to configurate the speed but it´s not possible.

Here is what i tried to solve the Problem, but what didn´t work.
                          I deinstalled the software, shut down the pc, disconnected both,…

18 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            5 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please be sure to check if all the strips are properly aligned. The arrow on the connection cable should be pointed to the +5V on the strip. If you are using any extension cables please check those as well.

• h700i RGB strip not working

I have just bought the h700i and everything is working fine apart from the fact that my rgb strip isn't working. i have plugged it it and the cam software is registering them but they aren't actually on.

11 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • One LED is Tied To Logo?

I'm not sure if this has ever been addressed or seen, but one of the LED sections at the top of my Kraken X52 pump is tied to the logo. Basically, I can't change the logo color without that one changing with it and visa versa. Has anyone else experienced this?

5 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                3 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, this is a UI issue. You can create a new custom profile for both channels and it’ll change the one LED tied to the LOGO.

• 1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

In CAM, click on lighting tab, from there go to the Games tab, and disable the “Automatically enable this mode when running” checkbox.

• My Fans and RGB stripes dont light up..

I dont know why this dont work, it shows in the cam software but i wont light up.
                                  My normal kraken watercooling works perfect..

Sorry for bad english im from germany c:

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, can you double check you have the LED channel toggled on in CAM? It is on the lighting page and the toggle button should be next to it.

• Kraken x61 not detected in cam or usb devices

So, i've had this problem for a long time now and i can't seem to manage to fix it. I've been scrolling aroung a lot of threads and nothing seems to help.

Cam does not detect my kraken for some reason, and i don't see "Asetek USB Device" or "CCVI" in USB devices. I tried go into the CAM folder and install kraken driver through there, there's just a black windows popping up and then nothing happens. I've also tried reinstalling as well, but to no success.

Mah gawd i need to get this fixed.

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are using a Kraken X31/X41/X61 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps

Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”

Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
                                      Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.

If you do not see any these devices then that means that the Kraken is not making a connection to your motherboard as…

• no problems

i have a i9 intel and no problems using kraken X72 and the Hue and grid V3 on a asus ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME, socket 2066 with a Intel Core i9-7960X 2,8 GHz (4,2 GHz Turbo Boost)
                                      And in a case of NZXT H700i and its coolind smoot and no problems at all the best of there is. The kraken cools my processor to 38 degrees and with solidworks drawing it comes to 46 degrees and the gris fan controller works fine en very quiet

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. We really appreciate hearing the good experiences from our customers.

• gpu fan not spinning while gaming..

CAM held my gpu fans at 0% the whole time, while it did notice my gpu was at NINETY-SIX DEGREES. another feature to disable... msi afterburner it is, again

did not notice the temp til after i closed the game...

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          5 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, please be sure to have the OverClocking tab toggled on. This is necessary in order for CAM to override your GPU fan curves. If not, your GPU will run the factory set settings.

• extended view of the monitoring tool

please bring back the extended view of monitoring app like the old versions please

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, that is a great idea. Can you submit this on our CAM’s Idea’s page?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 30 31
                                          • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base