CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Kraken X60 not being recognized by CAM 3.5.90

I've got a Kraken X60, and it doesn't seem to be recognized by CAM 3.5.90, it works fine with 3.5.30 though, version 3.5.90 didn't prompted me to install asetek drivers.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Only works for the current user on Windows 10, won't open for other users

Currently have 3.6.1 installed on Win10 (64), and noticed it only works for the user it's installed on. I have three users on my PC (me, my son and my wife) and all my case fans are attached to a GRID+ V2. If I install CAM, it works fine for me.

If I sign out and my son signs on, CAM cannot be opened (it shows in Task Manager but never actually fully opens on screen or in the system tray), so the fans stay at low speed no matter how hot the PC gets.

My son can install CAM…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. FANS FAIL ON COLD START OF PC

I Apologise for reposting:

This is critical on power up I should not have too "panic" that my performance PC fails to spin up on a start. Loading into Windows and then CAM fails to start my fans when I change Performance to fixed mode to initiate a spin up. INSTEAD, I have to switch off countless times on each start (this is not a good way to force fans to start) causing my system problems. See PC Spec:

OverClocked 4.4MHZ

Intel i7 5960X Extreme Octa Core CPU Processor (3.0 GHz, 20 MB Cache)
    MSI Intel LGA2011-V3 Socket X99 Gaming…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Eric Lam responded

If you are experiencing an issue where the fans on the Grid+V3 are not spinning. Please check the specs on those fans. Each channel on the Grid+V3 can only support up to 5 watts and if you exceed that threshold the Grid+V3 will have a failsafe to shut off all the fans. At this time please shut off your PC and turn off your PSU. Then wait 10 seconds and turn your PSU and PC back on. See if the fans spin then.

4. off screen. I have to turn off from PSU

I have a b350-f motherboard. when having cam installed, it causes shutdowns of the pc. which is blocked without leaving shutdown or restart from the chassis. I must cut off the power supply from PSU.
    I've been 5 days without CAM and this has not happened.
    please a solution.

Thank you

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cam crashing Overwatch

I'm erroring out with a easyhook loader error. First time I've ever seen this and only started happening after updating my CAM software today.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cam Fan has Stopped Spinning

Same old problem Cam report that fan has lost its connection and is not spinning. This program is getting worse with each update.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Memory leak 3.5.80

I've had this issue since 3.5.60
    Basically it comes down to these objects not getting cleaned up:
    Dictionary<Object, Telerik.Windows.Controls.ChartView.Axis+LabelSizeInfo>
    I've took a few snapshots with visual studio to see them.
    The cam process slowly grows till it's to big and it crashes with an out of memory exception.
    I'm logged in as guest, have a kraken x61, hue+ and a grid+ v3 on Windows 10

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PC hard Freezing using CAM Software

So about 5 weeks ago I built my new PC.

So I have been running windows 10, with booting cam on startup. And for weeks the freezing problem haunted me, I tried everything to figure it out from Memtest(over 16h) to endless benchmarking and stress testing software. Updating Bios, reformatting and pretty much updating every driver I could find. And recently I have not been starting cam on startup and my pc is fine, I can leave it on all week with no issues.

The freezes that I used to have however did not occur instantly, it could take a…

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    61 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

9. oom command not allowed when used memory NOT LOGIN

Not login to cam app anymore
    oom command not allowed when used memory

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OOM not use when memory

Cannot log in to CAM or use guest mode - Error 'OOM not use when memory>'maxmemory'.
    My PC fans are now useless!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. an error occurred while trying to communicate with the server

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm getting the same error when trying to login it says "An error occurred while trying to communicate with the server, it all started when I updated to 3.6.6.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, sorry for the late response to this issue. Is this happening after Automatic Startup following Windows Start or while opening CAM after Windows has loaded? Also, when this issue occurs, please try closing CAM from the notification area, and then opening again. Let us know if this helps. We are doing further investigation into this issue at the time.

12. CAM 3.6.1 not detecting Kraken x62

Cam update 3.6.1 today broke my whole system, my Kraken x62 is no longer detected at all. Yesterdays update to 3.6 was fine but 3.6.1 today broke everything. Please fix this with 3.6.2 asap, thanks!

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

13. CAM isn't working

I have a kraken x52 and isn't being recognized by CAM software. how can i solve this?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. what is wrong with u guys?!!!!! cmon!!!????

Yesterday i updated cam software , due to this update i lost all of my custom profiles... so i had to set them up again wich was a pain in the ass. And now today i load up the "awesome" cam software and guess what its GONE AGAIN!!!!!!! , how many times do i have to set up my custom profile till it actually SAVES ? Cause right now this is really a pain in the ass, coming from such a big company , well im dissappointed, thats all i can say

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

15. 3.6.2 can't change language

3.6.1 can't change language

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. An error occurred while trying to communicate with the server

I've just reinstalled Windows and therefore reinstalled CAM. I now get the above error and can't get into the program. I can't even get into guest mode.

The program worked fine before the reinstall

I can see that others have posted this issue before but I see no fixes...

Please investigate and resolve promptly or I'll be returning my Kraken X62

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. CAM loading causes Windows restarts

Having an ongoing issue when using CAM. Approx every other boot of Windows, while CAM is still loading, my system will restart. i purchased my Kraken last year & have tried numerous updates of software. Last 3 weeks been had CAM uninstalled without any issues. Have disabled HDD monitoring.

System
    Ryzen 1500x
    X62 Kraken
    G Skill 16gb ram
    Strix RX580

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. CAM and Grid+ v3 Shorten the Lifespan of System Fans; Freezes; 2D/3D mode.

Bugs:
    •1. Fan Hysteresis does not work correctly. Especially in START/STOP conditions.
    •2. No global CAM profiles for 2D and 3D computer usage scenarios. And shortcuts to toggle them.
    •3. GRID+ V3 connected fans do not stop when CAM software is switched off.
    •4. GRID hangs when CPU load is 100%.

1. Please copy all Fan Hysteresis settings from SpeedFan or MSI Afterburner software – do not re-invent the wheel!
    •The weakest link in CAM is fan START/STOP conditions. Please make unique setting for starting and stopping fans. Do not allow to stop fan at 40°C and then quickly start…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. CAM stopped starting completely, not even a splash screen.

Looking at the log file the only thing I see is :

2018/10/17 07:25:22 - 5 - Finish net process for download/upload net speed
    2018/10/17 07:25:22 - 5 - Finish computer instance initialization, including properties and laptop determine
    2018/10/17 07:25:22 - 5 - Initialize: True
    2018/10/17 07:25:22 - 5 - Finish downloading device settings
    2018/10/17 07:25:22 - 4 - Finish downloading offline settings
    2018/10/17 07:25:22 - 4 - Start USB devices detection
    {"ThreadID":1,"Time":"2018/10/17 07:25:22","Username":"guest","Exception":"One or more errors occurred.","InnerException":"Error -4092 EACCES permission denied","StackTrace":" at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)\r\n at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)\r\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Internal.KestrelEngine.CreateServer(ServerAddress address)\r\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.KestrelServer.Start[TContext](IHttpApplication`1 application)\r\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.Start()\r\n at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostExtensions.Run(IWebHost…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. SOFTWARE FROM LIDL

Good job on destroying the software once again, never seen most broken full of bugs in my entire life. newest "update" 3.6.5 nothing is working literally, it recognise only hue+ i have the nzxt kraken x62 and dont recognise it anymore. i cant change the colors and the most important thing i cant change the fan and liquid speed. let me know when you have a solution i paid good money for your kraken. please dont not reply with an answer like restart your pc or try to login with another account, because i already tried it. i need a…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly.

If you continue to have the same issues after updating, please send us your logs to verify why CAM is not detecting your hardware.

Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base