CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Cam 3.6.0 save no setting

Germany:
    Hallo habe das update von cam 3.6.0 heute drauf gemacht und sofort bemerkt das es keine einstellungen speichert.
    spätestens nachdem man den Pc neu gestartet hat sind alle einstellungen verschwunden.
    bitte sofort beheben !!!
    Neuinstalation hat auch nicht geholfen.

Englisch:
    Hello have the update of cam 3.6.0 today on it and immediately noticed that it does not save settings.
    at the latest after restarting the PC, all settings have disappeared.
    please fix it immediately !!!
    Reinstallation did not help either.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      37 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6.

Please uninstall the previous version and do a fresh install of 3.6.6.

We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly. Let us know if this issue is still happening to you after updating. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

• an error occurred while trying to communicate with the server

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm getting the same error when trying to login it says "An error occurred while trying to communicate with the server, it all started when I updated to 3.6.6.

35 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        16 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, sorry for the late response to this issue. Is this happening after Automatic Startup following Windows Start or while opening CAM after Windows has loaded? Also, when this issue occurs, please try closing CAM from the notification area, and then opening again. Let us know if this helps. We are doing further investigation into this issue at the time.

• CAM 3.6.1 not detecting Kraken x62

Cam update 3.6.1 today broke my whole system, my Kraken x62 is no longer detected at all. Yesterdays update to 3.6 was fine but 3.6.1 today broke everything. Please fix this with 3.6.2 asap, thanks!

12 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          7 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

• what is wrong with u guys?!!!!! cmon!!!????

Yesterday i updated cam software , due to this update i lost all of my custom profiles... so i had to set them up again wich was a pain in the ass. And now today i load up the "awesome" cam software and guess what its GONE AGAIN!!!!!!! , how many times do i have to set up my custom profile till it actually SAVES ? Cause right now this is really a pain in the ass, coming from such a big company , well im dissappointed, thats all i can say

20 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            5 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

• 3.6.2 can't change language

3.6.1 can't change language

20 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • An error occurred while trying to communicate with the server

I've just reinstalled Windows and therefore reinstalled CAM. I now get the above error and can't get into the program. I can't even get into guest mode.

The program worked fine before the reinstall

I can see that others have posted this issue before but I see no fixes...

Please investigate and resolve promptly or I'll be returning my Kraken X62

7 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • CAM loading causes Windows restarts

Having an ongoing issue when using CAM. Approx every other boot of Windows, while CAM is still loading, my system will restart. i purchased my Kraken last year & have tried numerous updates of software. Last 3 weeks been had CAM uninstalled without any issues. Have disabled HDD monitoring.

System
                Ryzen 1500x
                X62 Kraken
                G Skill 16gb ram
                Strix RX580

57 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  18 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Make CAM great (again?) V2

For the people who asks "V2 ??" : https://support.camwebapp.com/forums/252256-cam-bugs/suggestions/32227912-make-cam-great-again

-------

I'm back 9 months later with the latest version of CAM (I don't update really often because, well, it was working great) BUT there is a few things that aren't as good as it should.

First, I can give you a point for the French translations, they are wayyyyy better than before, but you're still stupid when it comes to translate "Load" (on the home screen) to "Chargement" which means literally "Loading" (WTF ?), your CPU, GPU, RAM, aren't f*cking games ! I can help you for that, "Charge" would…

13 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • SOFTWARE FROM LIDL

Good job on destroying the software once again, never seen most broken full of bugs in my entire life. newest "update" 3.6.5 nothing is working literally, it recognise only hue+ i have the nzxt kraken x62 and dont recognise it anymore. i cant change the colors and the most important thing i cant change the fan and liquid speed. let me know when you have a solution i paid good money for your kraken. please dont not reply with an answer like restart your pc or try to login with another account, because i already tried it. i need a…

9 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working more smoothly.

If you continue to have the same issues after updating, please send us your logs to verify why CAM is not detecting your hardware.

Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

• CPU Temperature spiking since latest update

Since the latest update CAM thinks my CPU is spiking up by like 20-30 degree (from 30 to 60). i have other temperature softwares which i run at the same time and they do not show any spiking at all. This was never an issue before, only on the latest update. This causes my fans to speed up for that split second and slow back down. this is even on idle.

11 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • can not change language

Ver 3.6.x Can not change language setting.

14 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, we are reworking the translations. Once they are implemented the languages will be applicable once again. Sorry for the inconveniences this may be causing you.

• cam 3.6.6 lighting and smart problem.

If i using lighting in kraken on logo "NZXT" with option "SMART" and "CPU temperature" that cause problem with CAM and KRAKEN.

After some time of use this option, CAM stops read actual values like: TEMP, LOAD, CLOACK SPEED, FAN SPEED etc... and cam stops detecting kraken.

Restart cam dont help, i need restart PC. and this problem coming back

I have this problem on all version cam from 3.0.2 to 3.6.6

Some 1 can confirm this? I don't know my kraken or cam is broken.

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            4 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • CAM 3.5.8 wont login today.....

booted pc like normal... i have CAM to start in startup..... wont login using my normal login. stuck loading at 0% and from what i've seen on other posts this is happening to quite a few people, please fix this, and for GOD SAKES test these updates before passing the bugs onto us!!!!

67 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              11 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • When I exit CAM 3.5.80, an error pop up appears - Problem Event Name - CLR20r3

The software works fine in auto start-up and all, the only time I will ever encounter this issue is when I decide to exit or quit the program.

3 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                14 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                under review  ·  Eric Lam responded

Hi there, please perform a clean install of CAM
                                Uninstall CAM completely from your PC and restart when prompted.
                                Then perform a clean boot.
                                To perform a clean boot, type “msconfig” in the start search and hit enter. Then select the “Services” tab and check “Hide all Microsoft Services”. Then click on “Disable all”. After, click “Apply/OK” and restart your PC.
                                Then reinstall CAM from https://camwebapp.com/
                                Restart when prompted
                                Let me know if this helps. Thanks!
                                If not please send us your error logs C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs
                                And a list of your PC specs

• CAM 3.7.0 auto start not working!

CAM 3.7.0 auto start does not working!! AGAIN
                                All 3.6.xx + version have lot of different bug!!

Really what is the difficulty of writing and update a simple AIO program ?!

JUST FAN + PUMP + LED CONTROL ,That would be yours!!

WE DO NOT WANT such STUPID THINGS .. for example cpu-gpu overclocking , fps overlay etc etc ..

They have special programs for us that work normally!
                                (Cam is a piece of shit!)

The internet AIO forums are full of : people not buying NZXT product ,Because the CAM software needs to be added! WAKE UP GUYS!

If…

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • I am tired of opening tickets, just test it your self and fix it.

I am tired of opening tickets, just test it your self and fix it. Installed latest version... Only way it will run is to open the install folder and run as admin... This bloatware doesn't work. Cannot login, can't set Kraken ring and lights independently, no longer supports RGB lighting.... The list goes on and on. Anyone want to buy me out?! Just want something that works... Seriously I thought Samsung made bad software! You have them beat!

6 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • This will be my last NZXT product, CAM software is terrible.

Seriously, this app has never worked 100%, seems to always find a way to phone home tho... Hmmm Priorities much?

I upgrade to supposedly fix issues per suggestions and it screws up more things. Just terrible. Bout ready to yank this POS out of my system

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Replace the Dev Team for CAM. They can't get it done. .

This software is trash. Every time that I start up my PC, I'm never surprised about finding yet another issue with CAM either not recognizing computer components, my GPU, sometimes even my processor. I've attempted multiple re-installations, messing with drivers, messing with even my BIOS, and yet, CAM has never ending issues. At this point I wish NZXT was paying users to test and find the bugs in their ALPHA stage software. This is GARBAGE. NZXT get it together.

7 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • CAM 3.6.1 lighting settings are buggy as hell

1) greyed out apply button even i changed settings.
                                        2) any audio option dont work anymore.

8 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • 3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
                                          • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base