CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Stuck at calibration Step 2

Stuck at calibration Step 2, when calibration is complete at Step 2 it goes to calculating and then the following error pops-up "Errors - Server return value without message" What does this mean? Cannot continue to step 3 so I can never set up my fans, Tried reinstalling cam 3 times also rerunning the calibration 5 times, still the same thing.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      15 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, we seem to have having a server side issue at this time. Can you guys post your log files so we can further investigate on the cause of this issue?

You can fine your log files in this directory.
      C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

• FANS FAIL ON COLD START OF PC

I Apologise for reposting:

This is critical on power up I should not have too "panic" that my performance PC fails to spin up on a start. Loading into Windows and then CAM fails to start my fans when I change Performance to fixed mode to initiate a spin up. INSTEAD, I have to switch off countless times on each start (this is not a good way to force fans to start) causing my system problems. See PC Spec:

OverClocked 4.4MHZ

Intel i7 5960X Extreme Octa Core CPU Processor (3.0 GHz, 20 MB Cache)
      MSI Intel LGA2011-V3 Socket X99 Gaming…

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        11 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are experiencing an issue where the fans on the Grid+V3 are not spinning. Please check the specs on those fans. Each channel on the Grid+V3 can only support up to 5 watts and if you exceed that threshold the Grid+V3 will have a failsafe to shut off all the fans. At this time please shut off your PC and turn off your PSU. Then wait 10 seconds and turn your PSU and PC back on. See if the fans spin then.

• After the most recent Windows update my CAM software gets a pop up window saying Windows is stopping the software please close program.

I just allowed? a windows update and upon restart it says windows is stopping my cam software please close. My Hue+ lighting has not changed, but even after uninstalling and reinstalling version 3.5.30 Windows will not allow it to open.

16 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          7 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • CAM freeze and lost recognized of kraken X62

After some heavy CPU load, CAM freezes. Stop showing actual temperature and other values. Also after close/open CAM dont recognized kraken anymore.
          screens:
          [img]http://i.imgur.com/Icc0fIT.jpg[/img] - cam freez

[img]http://i.imgur.com/5v9gFIL.jpg[/img] - after reopen cam not showing kraken.

new windows 10 x64 installed
          got only CAM 3.3.5
          Restart PC help, CAM now show kraken, but after some time CAM freez again.

Please don't close this topic before you actually help with this problem.

72 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • 3.5.60 memory leak

After a few hours CAM crashes due to a memory leak:

Toepassing: CAM_V3.exe
            Framework-versie: v4.0.30319
            Beschrijving: het proces is beëindigd als gevolg van een onverwerkte uitzondering.
            Uitzonderingsinformatie: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException
            bij System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
            bij System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
            bij System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
            bij CAMV2.V2_UserControl.MainToolbar+<CAMV2.IComputerDataHandler.NotifyUpdate>d__9.MoveNext()
            bij System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_1(System.Object)
            bij System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
            bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
            bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
            bij System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
            bij System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
            bij System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

I've tried removing with IObit uninstaller and reinstalling it again after a reboot but I keep having the issue.
            The previous version didn't seem to crash to afaik. I've even reinstalled my windows just a few weeks ago because I wanted a clean slate.

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • After installing KB4051963 on Windows 10 CAM crashes at startup, even after reinstall of CAM

I had v3.3.50 of CAM installed and working.
              Installed Windows 10 patch KB4051963. After reboot CAM crashes on startup. Uninstalled CAM, installed new CAM version v3.5.30. CAM still crashes.
              Uninstalling the windows 10 patch is not an option for me at the moment.

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Error 1311. Source file not found(cabinet)

Hi there,

I tried to install your app on my fiance's laptop and received the following error:
                Source file not found: C:\Users\佐佐\AppData\Roaming\NZXT\CAM 3.5.60\install\disk1.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Upon checking the installer log I was able to retrieve the actual error code 1311.
                Here is the full output from the log:
                Error 1311. Source file not found(cabinet): C:\Users\佐佐\AppData\Roaming\NZXT\CAM 3.5.60\install\disk1.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

I checked the actual directory it was trying to reference and the files were there. My guess would be your installer is unable to…

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • 7 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • CAM won't launch at all (Latest Version)

The CAM Software won't launch at all. I run as administrator and it asks to make changes to my PC, I allow it and it gives no response at all. Nothing running in the system tray, and nothing running in the task manager. I've also went into the directory and added a shortcut to my desktop as well as reinstalled multiple times. This is very frustrating. I have problems with CAM very frequently.

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Kraken X62 light died after firmware update failure!

Installed CAM 3.5.60 and suggested to update Kraken X firmware. At the beginig of the firmware upgrade, progress bar stucked and show massage "firmware update fail". Light on Kraken freeze and after reboot light completley missing. Another Firmware update attempt but no success.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • CAM software chashes after bios update.

I use Cam software for HUE+ on a Maximus Hero Alpha and after the latest bios update 3703 cam crashes at startup. I get the following error in win. logs : : The embedded controller (EC) returned data when none was requested. The BIOS might be trying to access the EC without synchronizing with the operating system. This data will be ignored. No further action is necessary; however, you should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. Is there any way i could solve this?

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          1 comment  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • CAM & Internet

Yesterday we switched off the electricity and the Internet, turning on the PC I saw that it does not work, it did not become color, and the program could not start - there was no Internet, WTF? can not you make the program stand-alone? Or if it is possible to download the profile from the device itself at the start of the PC itself? Communication with the Internet is possible and necessary at the first start and installation, but when it is turned on again, this is already a problem, even Windows do not require checking and connecting to the…

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • V3.5.60

After instaling V3.5.60 version of Cam, it starts the Firmware update but never surpass 0%, its says updating but nopting appen, the cooler lost the colors and now the software dont reconize Kraken X62, any help?

thanks

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Cam won't open

I just downloaded cam and whenever i try to open it, nothing happens. In task manager it says it's open but the program never opens. I've tried reinstalling 3 but that didn't help.

2 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • cam using increasing amounts of memory then crashing.

After installing the latest version of CAM on my Windows 10 PC, it is using increasing amount of memory and then crashing. I have Grid V3+ and Kraken X60.

Application: CAM_V3.exe
                                Framework Version: v4.0.30319
                                Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
                                Exception Info: System.OutOfMemoryException
                                at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.EnsureCurrentThreadHasQueue()
                                at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
                                at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Faulting application name: CAM_V3.exe, version: 0.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a728d6e
                                Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0x13ae3814
                                Exception code: 0xe0434352
                                Fault offset: 0x001008c2
                                Faulting process id: 0x9b0
                                Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a94db066aa96
                                Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\CAM_V3.exe
                                Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
                                Report Id: e962873f-8a41-4484-bff9-1e0b98bc225e
                                Faulting…

1 vote
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • UI corrupted again.

This dumb ass software keeps corrupting it self. The icon in the UI that allows you to change the color settings on kracken just vanishes every couple weeks and I have to delete and redownload load software. Now it's gone I only have 1 color setting stuck on and I can't change it. I will never buy nzxt or anything with CAM software ever again.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Can't install CAM

It said ' Source file not found: C:\Users\อาม\AppData\Roaming\NZXT\CAM 3.5.60\install\disk1.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
                                    how to fix it. pls help

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • There is almost a day trying to download your software and, regardless of the browser used, right after the download starts, you get the fol

There is almost a day trying to download your software and, regardless of the browser used, right after the download starts, you get the following message: Network error

1 vote
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Takes over control

Hi, i have a kraken x61 for my Amd fx-9590 CPU but i noticed that once i instal CAM or update it takes over control from my AMD X480 GPU wich means my fans are not spinning anymore and manual settings of Wattman are overruled by CAM.... as u can guess this is pretty anoying if u want to game some, and i cant seem to get the overruling to be nullified,

And again i only have the x61 CPU pump and stock GPU stuff

1 vote
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Installation fails

Can't install the program V3.5. C:\user\appdata\roaming\NZXT\CAM1.2.4\install\disk1.cab has an invalid digital signature

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4
                                          • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base