CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Multiple Issues

1. Channel 1 and 2 overlap in CAM even though fans are on 2 and LED strips on one. Can not set a color for the strips without changing 2/3rds of each fan.

2. Marquee, candle light, wings, and alternating presets are not showing up for Kraken X62.

3. The other day it didn't boot up properly and went to a all white theme with a white marquee on the Kraken that I haven't seen before. The circle moved around but the NZXT logo stayed lit unlike the covering marquee mode I usually use.
    -A. I am wondering why it…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Nzxt CAM incorrect liquid temp

Hi!

Nzxt CAM incorrect liquid temp show.... other temps read ok.

But Hwinfo64 and Aida64 allways show more 4 C degrees than CAM.

CAM liquid: IDLE 30C /Hwinfo,Aida: 34C/

LOAD CAM: 34C /Hwinfo64, Aida: 38C/

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cant customize LED Channels Independently

Channel 1 and channel 2 always match each other no matter which way i try to customize them. If I make channel 1 a fixed color and channel 2 breathing, both channels will just switch to whatever setting i changed last. Is there a way to customize them independently or is this a CAM bug?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. CAM 3.5.8 Does not work with RAMDISK

When setting up and using a ramdisk from: http://memory.dataram.com/products-and-services/software/ramdisk

Next time that CAM loads, it does not recognize any of my hardware, suggests that I only have 16GB of RAM (Ramdisk has 8GB, Desktop has 48GB (minus 8GB for ramdisk).

Nothing can be controlled otherwise, no fan speeds, asks me to install drivers, but does not install them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Rpm

Hi
    Just got a brand new Kraken X52. Its gorgeous.
    But the CAM Software for fan control is useless..
    Although my fans are spinning at a low speed, I dont seem to be able to control their speed and CAM shows 0 rpm.
    Already put cpu fan at 100% on Bios. Changed nothing.
    I got an Asus Maximus VIII Hero to control my other fans.
    Fan Expert does not recognize a CPU fan. I guess that is normal. Is it possible that some incompatibility with Asus Software prevents CAM from controling the fans?
    As far as I could see, several…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Eric Lam responded

CAM reads the CPU_Fan header on most motherboard. Please verify that you have the CPU Fan connected to the CPU_Fan header on your motherboard. If you have a AIO_Pump, W_Pump on your motherboard you can try those header as well.

If you are using a Kraken, please be sure to have at least one of the radiator fans connected to the 4 pin header on the Kraken fan port. The Kraken pump cable should be connected to the CPU_Fan header on your motherboard as well.

6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there, we’ll be releasing the iOS app by the end of the week that will resolve this issue.

7. Grid V+3. Cam 3.5.80. Fans not turning? White power LED on. Connected to USB 2 on mobo and molex. Custom profile @100% still not working

Grid V+3. Cam 3.5.80. Fans not turning? White power LED on. Connected to USB 2 on mobo and molex. Custom profile @100% still not working

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. CAM Crash

2x Rx580 CrossfireX, CAM crash after 1-2 Hours,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. my new kraken x62 fan speed isnt showing up in Cam the fan speed also seem to be fixed it doesnt change when it gets hotter

my new kraken x62 fan speed isnt showing up in Cam the fan speed also seem to be fixed it doesnt change when it gets hotter

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

CAM reads the CPU_Fan header on most motherboard. Please verify that you have the CPU Fan connected to the CPU_Fan header on your motherboard. If you have a AIO_Pump, W_Pump on your motherboard you can try those header as well.
    If you are using a Kraken, please be sure to have at least one of the radiator fans connected to the 4 pin header on the Kraken fan port. The Kraken pump cable should be connected to the CPU_Fan header on your motherboard as well.

10. A problem causes CAM to stop working, requiring Windows to close program when attempting to open application on update V.3.5.50

A problem causes CAM to stop working, requiring Windows to close program when attempting to open application on update V.3.5.50

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CAM=Causually Accept Mediocrity

So, let me start by saying that I am an all time top 15 member at Tom's Hardware, as well as having some other official but will remain undisclosed affiliations with that site. So, I can assure you that I have the unique ability to reach a LOT of people. Enthusiasts, gamers, system builders, overclockers AND potentially have an inside track to editorial staff although I am NOT currently on that side of the fence in any official capacity.

Primarily a hell of a lot of people are going to hear what I have to say and if you think…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi isnt being recognised in latest update

My Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi isnt being recognised in latest update and im stuck with a green and orange coulour when my whole PC is white and blue

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you are using a Cryorig H7 Lumi and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps.

Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the NZXT USB Device/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.

If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our support team over at https://www.nzxt.com/customer-support to look for an RMA on the unit.

Try shutting off your PC, then plug the USB cable to a different USB header on your motherboard.
    This is to check if the USB port on the motherboard is working correctly.

Try turning off your PC and turn off your PSU for 10 seconds, then turn your PSU and PC back on…

13. Hue+ 2 Channel on - Audio not smooth - Part 3

Previous ticket by Aznsteil was marked as "completed" without any comment. It was created Jun 25, 2017 and closed Dec 27, 2017. As I am still experiencing this exact issue I am reopening this ticket. I would greatly appreciate an update on the situation from support.

"Original Thread is here: http://support.camwebapp.com/forums/252256-bugs-issues/suggestions/14741010-hue-2-channel-on-audio-not-smooth

Since June 8th 2016 (!) there is no real fix for this. I've traveled through the CAM Customer Support Forum here and will list every mentionable answer of the NZXT Team into this problem, so they will atleast have to change his generic copy paste answers. Lean back and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. cpu temperature notification

CPU Temperature Notification

On every single update you have to manually set the CPU temperature notification to the desired value. With every update it resets to the default 80°.

I don't know if this occurs for all notifcations, I am just using the CPU notification.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. App does not work unless you are on the same WiFi connection as the main PC (On new update from ~17 hours ago)

App does not work unless you are on the same WiFi connection as the main PC (On new update from ~17 hours ago)
    Please fix this, and the app will be working great for me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Software problem

usless
    1- I cant sign in as so meany other people
    2 stupid softver if i need sign in I vbought product what price vas including program really useless if I dont have nternet
    know this before never buy
    3- as a new costumer really tricky find what is what first I downloaded (form dowloaded section drivers and manual and I was suprise why still dont working after I realice probram is absolutly in different section meaby Im not the super cleaver guy but this is stupid (i recomend put link or whatever to downloar this stupid program on product…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. cam using increasing amounts of memory then crashing.

After installing the latest version of CAM on my Windows 10 PC, it is using increasing amount of memory and then crashing. I have Grid V3+ and Kraken X60.

Application: CAM_V3.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.OutOfMemoryException
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.EnsureCurrentThreadHasQueue()
    at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
    at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Faulting application name: CAM_V3.exe, version: 0.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x5a728d6e
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0x13ae3814
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x001008c2
    Faulting process id: 0x9b0
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3a94db066aa96
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\CAM_V3.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: e962873f-8a41-4484-bff9-1e0b98bc225e
    Faulting…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hard reset after turning on my PC

Situation: Always, when I turn on my PC, log-in to my acc, SWs load including CAM and then Hard Reset itself. I'm sure the problem is between CAM and my SW/HW because when I uninstall it then everything works as it should. Usually 2 hard resets and then it loads without problems.

I'd like to fix it because I don't like hard resets which look like black death.

Screenshot of my log: https://prnt.sc/i309au

PC specs:
    CPU C - NZXT X52
    CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 1800x
    GPU - ASUS ROG 1080Ti 11GB
    MB - ASUS B350 Strix
    RAM - 2x16GB…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. CAM makes temp rise about 15c when running!!

I got the kraken x62 for my 1700x, installed the cam software and updating CAM whenever there is an update.
    I got comfortable running at 3.8ghz 1.280Vcore stable with CAM temp reporting from 30c to 45c when idle and showing max 60c after 30 min stress test.
    The 30c to 45c keeps jumping after fresh PC startup, there could be 30c, and 1 sec later 45c then 40c etc..
    I then downloaded hwinfo and found out my cpu temp was indeed the correct temp as CAM showed and the temp jump also showed up in hwinfo, then I testet what…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base