CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      under review  ·  Eric Lam responded

If you see the CAM preview window when you hover over the task icon in your taskbar but the window doesn’t appear when you click on the icon. You might be experiencing an issue where the window is on a different “phantom” monitor.

Try doing this, press on the CAM preview window when you hover over the task icon. Then click "Shift + Windows Key + Arrow Key (<,>) to return the CAM window to your usable desktop space.

• Cam not detect an new update is available?

Hello, why my Cam not detect an new update is available? Even if i check if new update is available, he tell me no...
      Since version 3.3.5 I had to install version 3.5 manually and currently has 3.5.3 is available but my cam do not see it .... why?

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Graphics load at 0% on NVIDIA GForce GTX 960 M after update

With the previous version it would show load but not temp. After update to 3.5.50 it now shows temp but not load. Tried this fix:

Please install this and try again:
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/sueit2n6gsngo44/vcredist_x86.exe?dl=0

No change. Thanks

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Choppy/Laggy HUE+ Effects

I've purchased the NZXT HUE+ about a year ago (around last Christmas to be more specific), and I've been using it ever since. But ever since first plugging it in and enabling it within CAM software, some of the effects do not appear to be as smooth as I would imagine them being.

At first I thought this was just something that everyone had or deals with, but I noticed through reddit posts and YouTube videos that some of their effects (such as the SPECTRUM WAVE) appears to be buttery smooth in its transition and how it appears, even on…

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Wont boot

mobil is shit dosent even work

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • On the normal CAM display page the needle and slider on the guage do not match. Please fix so they display the same angle.

On the normal CAM display page the needle and slider on the guage do not match. Please fix so they display the same angle.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • BF4 Issues 3.5.50

Bettlefield 4 stop working with CAM overlay enabled. With it disabled it functions.

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, can you try playing BF4 in full screen and see if the overlay works then?

• 1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • When I use the Sync option on the audio it doesn't work properly

Initially when I used sync it would go through the whole color cycle properly according to the songs, now it only uses the first two colors in the color cycle.

3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Cam software ( NEW UPDATE )

i updated my cam software and now it only CRASHING and i cannot launch my cam software

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Unable to Edit Fan Settings On Kraken

IM NOT ABLE TO EDIT HE FAN SETTINGS AND MY CPU OVERHEATS CONSTANTLY HELP

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Audio Sync Lights up All lights

Any kind of audio using "Sync" just lights up all but one light at the "top" of each device and it flickers. Not very good audio syncing. I'd call this broken.

Cam 3.5.0
                          Hue+ 4.3.2
                          Kraken 2.0.18

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Using a 3440x1440p monitor custom CAM overlay

Using a 3440x1440p monitor (34"), I cannot seem to get CAM to let me move the overlay. Since so many games have HUD aspects in each and every corner, I want my overlay on the outside of any of them so that I can still read both.

I used to have no issue on 1080p just tweaking the coordinates, but on 3440 it goes nuts.

Say its 0,0 and the overlay is in the top left. I can change X all the way to like 50 or a hundred and it still stay in the top left. It isn't always…

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there, please update to latest version of CAM and see if this issue persist. camwebapp.com

• Multiple Issues

I'm now getting a message each time I turn on my Rig, all these started when I attempted to update the firmware the other day.

1:- "Hue+ has been detected and successfully added to CAM"

2:- "Your CPU Fan has lost connection and is no longer spinning" ... Yet, the Kraken x62 is visibly spinning...

moreover, this is happening after the first time I attempted to install the new firmware, which, by the way, is still nagging me to install it, furthermore, the Kraken driver is now always highlighted in settings as if it's asking me to install it, even…

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                6 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                Eric Lam responded

Hi there, I do apologize for the inconvenience. Did all these issues started happening in the latest update and not at all before? It seems something could have went wrong during the update process for you.

Can you try using these programs to help you uninstall/install CAM?

http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php
                                https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

Also try running CCleaner to help you clean out your registry
                                http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/

Then reinstall CAM.

As for the account question, you can login using our guest mode. The only function you won’t be able to use is the in-game FPS overlay. Other than that it should be the same experience.

If you still have issues, can you submit a ticket on support.camwebapp.com? Click on “Contact Support” on the right side.
                                Please attach your error logs C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

Thanks

• CAM Keeps popping up the error "Upload setting had failed"

It says "Upload setting had failed" "Please try save your component setting again" multiple times a minute. This happened after uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of CAM after an update failed, Version 3.1.71.

62 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  50 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Please update to version 3.6.7 by downloading from here: https://camwebapp.com/download/

I’d suggest uninstalling the previous version before installing the new version as a clean install rather than updating it.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved after this.

Thanks.

• New CAM update has caused me to lose most of the software installed on my hard drive

I received notification of a new CAM update this morning and I chose to install it as usual. I have most of my software for my PC in a directory on my HDD which is also where CAM is installed. When I returned home I noticed that since the update CAM had installed straight into the Software folder and not into its own subfolder which left quite a mess so I thought the safest option would just be to uninstall CAM and reinstall it again ensuring it was in a subfolder. Unfortunately after uninstalling it has wiped every piece of…

3 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    Eric Lam responded

Hey there, you are correct in that when CAM is uninstalled it will remove the files inside the NZXT folder. Do you remember the directory in which you installed CAM? That could play a factor as well. I do apologize for issue you are going through.

• Grid+

Installed grid+ according to manual.never worked.i followed basic troubleshoot.never worked.at this time i have connected a new usb cable to external port.now i can see a grid+ tab at cam,fans are working at 100% speed and i cant control them there is 0 w and 0 rpm indication for chasis fans.the cpu gpu indications are propably correct.please note im not a beta tester and i expect when i buy a product at least to work.if this product is defective (and i read so many complaints)we consumers should be informed and buy on our own risk.

4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      Eric Lam responded

Hey there, that is very strange. What fans do you have connected to the Grid+? Have you tried other basic troubleshooting steps?

- Go to Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the MCP2200 device or any Unknown USB Device. Then restart your computer and check CAM again
                                      - Exit out of CAM, then unplug the USB from the device. Then wait 10 seconds and plug the USB back in. Then start CAM again.
                                      - Use a different USB port on your motherboard

• PC hard Freezing using CAM Software

So about 5 weeks ago I built my new PC.

So I have been running windows 10, with booting cam on startup. And for weeks the freezing problem haunted me, I tried everything to figure it out from Memtest(over 16h) to endless benchmarking and stress testing software. Updating Bios, reformatting and pretty much updating every driver I could find. And recently I have not been starting cam on startup and my pc is fine, I can leave it on all week with no issues.

The freezes that I used to have however did not occur instantly, it could take a…

36 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        50 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

• CAM displaying wrong CPU temp

Just got CAM installed with a Kraken X61 but the software is showing a different CPU temperature than what is shown on the motherboard and in Open Hardware Monitor. I had the Corsair H100i before this and the Corsair Link software let me link the fan speed with whatever sensor I wanted. Why would the CAM software be showing a different temp than the CPU is actually producing? Maybe make an option to choose which sensor to use for CPU monitoring??

11 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, the most recent version, (3.6.7) fixes the wrong temperature reading issue. Please update by downloading from here: https://camwebapp.com/download/

I’d suggest uninstalling the previous version before installing the new version as a clean install rather than updating it.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved after this.

Thanks.

• Can't Login to NZXT Account

I am told my password is incorrect every time. Even after changing it.

13 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            74 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base