CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Overclocking GPU to infinity

In the GPU overclocking tab, the core and memory clock sliders show the percentage as "Infinity%". Would be nice to get my GTX 1070 to overclock that well, but I believe it is just another bug that needs fixing...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cam overlay crashes after changing game and fps counter not accurate

Cam overlay crashes after exiting a game like csgo. After exiting the previous game, if you start up another cam overlay will not work. no matter how you press shift O the overlay just wont respond. The fps counter is also having trouble counting fps in csgo my fraps counter says i am at 330 fps but cam only says i have 150 fps. i am using a gtx 1080 so clearly i should be getting over 200fps and something is wrong with cam fps counter

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mobile app is not interfacing with the main app

the cam IOs app is not getting any new information it is requesting I log in on my pc and update the app. This I had already done but logged out and reinstalled and still no luck.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot login cam 3.6.6

I have updated cam to 3.6.6 from 3.5.9.0. Then it tips me kraken M22 driver didn't be installed. So I installed and cam restared. The problem is now I cannot login cam and always mention email or passcode be vailed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I encountered something similar, however was unable to pin down exactly when it happens. Whenever it happens to me, I just force close CAM and reopen it and it works correctly. I did send the report to the devs to see if they can find why it happens or when.

5. Cam can't read the temperature of HDD

After installing the update popped up last month, the Cam can't read the HDD components temp correctly which was functioned well before. Now, it only shows -1℃ and Min 999999℃, Max 0℃ all the time. Could you please fix it?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3.6.6 FPS Overlay disappears when game starts

When i start Heroes of the Storm, the overlay pops up and is ok until i start a match. Once the match starts the overlay disappears and doesn't come back until the game is over. I use this to monitor FPS, RAM, VRAM, GPU Temp, and CPU Temps in real time while playing games. Not Just Heroes. This started after the 3.6.2 update and continues with 3.6.6. Please fix. Windows 10 and all other updates have been done. No dice.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. HUE+ audio has slow update frequency (v3.6.6)

I've had this issue for a long while now. Running on the latest version of CAM as of writing this (3.6.6)

Playing any song with a tempo high enough with bass mode, the HUE+ lights don't react fast enough and it starts looking like the lights are just flashing randomly.

This issue is non-existent on my Kraken that reacts very smoothly to the music compared to my HUE+

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. IOS App logs in but displays nothing

IOS app installs ok and logs in fine. But displays nothing ?

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Eric Lam responded

Hi there, we’ll be launching a new update for the mobile app in a couple of weeks that should resolve these issues.
    Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for the cooperation.   

9. "Fastest" option causes X62 lights freeze

3.6.6 - Covering Marque, setting the lighting option to "Fastest" causes the LED's to freeze and then after a short while they turn off. All other lighting speed modes work fine.

Only "Fastest" freezes on my X62

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 3.6.6 Fan and pump issues

When changing a fan or pump profile, both pause out before either one takes affect. Before they take affect there is a delay where everything slows. Even if you have fans at 100% and then change the pump profile, the fans will almost stop. I'm guessing the pump profile sets once the fans ramp back up. The delay makes me loose trust in this software to monitor and respond to my system as needed. Please fix this issue. Also, make the default temp be CPU and not liquid. We look for CPU for the changes in temp more so than…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Fan Speeds and setting doesn't save

It's great and all, to save settings on cloud, because you have to do it once and they are saved forever. Problem is, I would much rather have it save on my pc, since I have to do it almost every time I restart a pc now.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. An error occurred on my motherboard

I use X72, but this error makes me wonder if it is X72 fault, or compatibility problem, or it is a software problem, the trouble team will help me to rule out, because this problem is troublesome, I am not the warranty, this July purchase In less than a month, I am a Taiwanese. English is not very good, sorry!

Attached to the link, this is the problem with my computer using X72, displayed in the audio LED display LAG:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJbVq0rgG_Q

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please update to the latest version (3.6.6) and let us know if this issue continues to occur in that version. Thanks.

13. On PC starts up, my motherboard continuously beeps until NZXT CAM has started up.

The beeping will continuously go on until the CAM has loaded up my settings almost as if the PC thinks that the CPU fans aren't working? I never had this issue previously even though I have my setting in BIOS to detect if the CPU fans stop, maybe somehow when CAM is booting up, it stops the fans of my Kraken X62?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. NZXT so called "software engineers" are less qualified to be software engineers than dung beetles.

I'm experiencing the following:
    1. On each reboot/start-up the CAM software needs to be manually started (click on login-in, input credentials, etc)
    2. Once it logs in, it will hang over the "Accept/Decline pop-up but no amount of clicking the Accept button will make it go away and load my settings
    3. My custom lighting settings won't load because of the pop-up issue
    4. I cannot update to the latest version because clicking on the "Update now" button does nothing, just like the "Accept/Decline" pop-up
    5. FPS overlay rarely works ( it used to work better last year with the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Please download the latest version from https://camwebapp.com/download and install it from that download. I would also suggest first uninstalling the old version and restarting your computer before doing the fresh install of 3.6.6.

If you continue to have issues, also send us the logs so we can verify. Thanks.

15. Updated to 3.6.6, my cooling tab has gone away

My cpu runs noticeably hotter, 8-10 degrees Celsius, now that I can't control fan speeds to cool the liquid in the radiator better.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, if the cooling tab is gone, it might be that CAM is not detecting the cooling hardware that you have connected. Please try these troubleshooting steps and let us know if it works for you.

If you are using a Kraken X31/X41/X61 and CAM is not detecting the device. You can try these troubleshooting steps
    Please go to the Devices Page and select “Detect Devices”
    Please exit out of CAM and install this Kraken driver https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdih3rifenohk4/Kraken%20chip%20Driver.zip?dl=0 then restart your PC and see if CAM detects the Kraken
    Go into Control Panel and click on “View Devices and Printers” then remove the 690LC/Asetek Driver/Unknown USB Device and restart your PC. Then check CAM again.
    If you still see a Unknown USB Device, then it seems that the USB cable is creating a bad connection to the motherboard. This likely means the unit would have to be replaced. Please contact our…

16. DISK NO degrees. Always show "-"

CAM cannot show disk degrees.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. rpm

I just notice that my kraken x62 pump rpm just locked at 2535 max RPM. no matter i change the aio curves still locks at 2535. i saw my kraken pump hitting 4k RPM last week before these 3 new updates. My 8700k hitting 78c because of this locked RPM.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3.6.6 Update

FYI:
    The 3.6.6 in-app update didn't work for me it got stuck at 11% then died, downloaded the full version from your cam website and it installed correctly.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. No device detected

You're shity soft don't detect my x62, the detection was blocked at 70%,
    and he's crashing when i launch a stress test with occt or aida or anything put my temps 60+

Using kraken X62
    Gigabyte z77 ds3p last bios
    Windows 10 64b

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good morning, thank you for contacting CAM support and sorry for the inconvenience you are currently experiencing.

Could you try changing the USB cable and see if that helps?

In the case it does not fix the problem, please send us the Logs which you can find in the following places so we can verify any logged issues:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\CAM
    C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

Thank you for your cooperation and time.

20. CAM doesn't load at all

Hi,

So I just downloaded CAM v3.6.5 (first time CAM user here), after installing and restarting my machine, the app did not show up or open at all. I tried a normal uninstall and restarted, then installed and restarted again. The same thing.

I can see 2 instances of "CAM" running in my task manager, but there is nothing showing up on my desktop or taskbar. When I launch the shortcut, I can see a third instance of "CAM" in my task manager quickly show up then instantly disappear.

I can't get the software to open at all. I also…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mike, please update to 3.6.6 and if your issue continues to happen on this version, send us the logs found in the following folder so we can review them:

C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\Logs

Thanks.

• Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base