CAM Bugs

Please post your bugs/issues here. Be sure to browse first however, as someone may have already submitted a similar issue.

Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. what is wrong with u guys?!!!!! cmon!!!????

Yesterday i updated cam software , due to this update i lost all of my custom profiles... so i had to set them up again wich was a pain in the ass. And now today i load up the "awesome" cam software and guess what its GONE AGAIN!!!!!!! , how many times do i have to set up my custom profile till it actually SAVES ? Cause right now this is really a pain in the ass, coming from such a big company , well im dissappointed, thats all i can say

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, please try the latest update, version 3.6.6. We have made many improvements with that version and it is working better for many of our customers. If this issue continues to happen to you after updating, let us know so we can get in touch with you directly and figure out why. Sorry for the previous inconveniences, and thank you for your help.

2. CAM Software doesnt install after windows re-install! Each time I press install i says "Cam has ended prematurely because of an error" HELP

Im out of ideas! I have a kraken x62 and I need the cam software. I downloaded it from camwebapp and I doesn't want to install! I have tried downloading it 3 times and each time i get the same message: "Cam has ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, please run the installation again." PLEASE HELP. It's been a week now and I can't use my cooler properly :( Some people mention uninstall and reinstall, but there is nothing to uninstall. I dont understand why I…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Worst Products , Worst Software not worth a CENT !!!

I owned PC since 1997 and this products and software i worst i have ever seen and had. I have bought x61 year ago, fans started grinding couple months after purchase pump started grinding after a year. Decided to give it one more try and bought x62 and it didnt last even a month before grinding started! I tried all versions of cam i could find and even on latest version i still get unknown device on win10 pro. Sometimes its recognized by cam mostly not. I will never buy any product made by this company you lost my trust…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cam 3.7.3 Light customization missing!

Since update to 3.7.3 I have no longer LED lights customization tab!
    I'm using X62
    What is wrong with your developers??? You really need to make some serious changes because your current "brain" pool is seriously malfunctioning!!!!!!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3.6.2 can't change language

3.6.1 can't change language

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. An error occurred while trying to communicate with the server

I've just reinstalled Windows and therefore reinstalled CAM. I now get the above error and can't get into the program. I can't even get into guest mode.

The program worked fine before the reinstall

I can see that others have posted this issue before but I see no fixes...

Please investigate and resolve promptly or I'll be returning my Kraken X62

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. x62 Changes color during game...

x62 works fine with default color. Once i go into games like CS go or COD4 under heavy load Kraken light will change to red... and then green when is not at heavy load. Just switch between Red/Green all the time. Once game quits, back to my default color. Anybody encounter such issues? Is it a feature that cam has, any updates to disable it?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Latest working Cam

The latest Cam version suddenly two days ago won't let me login neither as registered user or as guest.
    it is a login server problem, not a problem on our end.
    i've tried so far this versions
    3.6.0 – 7/17/18
    3.6.1 – 7/18/18
    3.6.2 – 7/20/18
    3.6.3 – 7/21/18
    3.6.4 – 7/25/18
    3.6.5 – 7/27/18
    3.6.6 – 7/31/18
    3.6.7 – 8/14/18
    3.7.0 – 8/21/18
    3.7.1 – 9/11/18
    3.7.2 – 9/19/18
    3.7.3 – 10/02/18
    they all don't work!!!

but then Cam version 3.5.9.0 WORKED!!!

so i'm sure i can't post a download link here to Cam 3.5.9.0 just search it.

i'm…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. hue+ not lighting up

cam is detecting my hue+ plus but i can't light them up i checked molex and usb but niether that is working.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. CAM has max priority over GPU fans

Whenever i boot my PC my GPU fan speed is 0, that's because i'm using MSI afterburner to control the fan speed, looks like CAM doesn't give a crap that my GPU fan controls are off and still tries to overrun MSI afterburner resulting in conflicts. Tried reinstalling it and google for solutions but had no luck, this program is a mess but i don't know if there's anything else to control the kraken x52.
    (sorry for speaking like a retarded by i'm actually italian)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Do you guys test CAM before update release?

Well how do I put this, updated cam and

A. It looks like crap

B. It doesn't save my fan profiles on restart.

C. Custom fan profiles for grid v3 don't work. They all seem to be set at silent profile, even though they all have custom ones set.

D. GPU temps aren't correct, I put GPU under load and Cam says its at 30c but really its at 65c, which is really bad as cam controls the fans on my GPU radiator and the fans speed was a 20%. Before update, Cam would speed up the fans as set…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, those who had issues with the settings not saving and not being able to log in, please update to 3.6.3, it has proven to work for many who have already tried it. We are aware that some others are having issues with a strange noise in the pump, we are working on that and will have it solved by next release.

13. CPU temperature is now not working with release 3.6.4 for Ryzen 7 2700x.

CPU temp is stuck at 50 degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius! It's measuring the same temp for both. Even if I switch my settings between Fahrenheit and Celsius it remains the same. Clock speed is also wrong and shows half of what it should be. Fans speeds are stuck at 80%. I'm sorry, but each upgrade is now just getting worse. Please help.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry, what I meant was, please update to 3.6.5 and if your issue continues to occur, provide us with your program logs so we can verify why this is happening. Thank you.

14. C

CAM 3.7.3 OOM COMAND NOT allowed when USED MEMORY > MAXMENORY

When I start CAM shows me the error OOM COMAND NOT allowed when USED MEMORY > MAXMENORY.

We are always the same with the problems and errors, in this version or I read the speed of the fans.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. temperature ryzen 7 2700x

The temperatures displayed on cam are not true. The ryzen master software and other programs display the temperature values correctly but cam constantly detects 45 ° C.
    CPU Ryzen 7 2700x
    MB Aorus x470 ultra gaming
    Kraken x52
    Cam 3.6.6

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, the most recent version, (3.6.7) fixes the wrong temperature reading issue. Please update by downloading from here: https://camwebapp.com/download/

I’d suggest uninstalling the previous version before installing the new version as a clean install rather than updating it.

Please let me know if the issue is resolved after this.

Thanks.

16. After like 2 years..

I give up. My HUE+ has been useless since like 3 months after i bought it. Cam software is a nightmare..im swapping to Razers new RGB lighting system and bet i'll never buy anything from NZXT again.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. fps overlay not working

Actually make things work not just break them,
    FPS overlay still does not work.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. CAM and Grid+ v3 Shorten the Lifespan of System Fans; Freezes; 2D/3D mode.

Bugs:
    •1. Fan Hysteresis does not work correctly. Especially in START/STOP conditions.
    •2. No global CAM profiles for 2D and 3D computer usage scenarios. And shortcuts to toggle them.
    •3. GRID+ V3 connected fans do not stop when CAM software is switched off.
    •4. GRID hangs when CPU load is 100%.

1. Please copy all Fan Hysteresis settings from SpeedFan or MSI Afterburner software – do not re-invent the wheel!
    •The weakest link in CAM is fan START/STOP conditions. Please make unique setting for starting and stopping fans. Do not allow to stop fan at 40°C and then quickly start…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Crashing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Maybe not a CAM issue, but weird all the same

I have CAM 3.7.3, which is supposedly the latest version 02/10/2018 (2nd October 2018).

I have been getting intermittent detection of hardware and I'm not sure whether this is actually a hardware fault, or the software fault.

I have had CAM working with all of my hardware (Kraken X62, Internal USB Hub, Grid+ V3 and Hue+) for a couple of months now and not had an issue.

Seems weird that I now have Hue+ not detected on boot (yet functioning), then on the next reboot, suddenly Hue+ is detected, but now my Grid+ V3 is undetected.

As I said, this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Hardware  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CAM 3.7.2 LED problem

I have CAM 3.7.0 with Kraken x52 and H200i case. I still can't change my LED colors correctly, really disappointed. And you will release new LED products that are compatible with your software? Do you really think it will work when the ones already in place are not working properly??????

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base