Encountered an issue with CAM? Post it here!

Hue + not detected by CAM

Kraken 61 no problem but Hue + is not detected. Reinstalled the software, no welp, swapped usb headers between kraken and Hue, no help. Running latest CAM software as of today

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pimmp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminTeam CAM (Product Team, CAM ) responded  · 

Hi everyone,
    I’m going to list some troubleshooting steps here. If you’ve tried all of them and HUE+ is still not detected, I would recommend contacting our customer service team for a replacement. So here are the steps:

1) Check to see that your HUE+ unit and LED strips are lit up. If the strips are not lit up that means you have not connected them properly or they are malfunctioning. Make sure to connect the 5V to the 5V at the end of the strips.
    2) If everything is connected properly and it’s all lit up, try performing a fresh installation of CAM. You may have missing drivers and that’s why you can’t see the HUE+ tab.
    3) If step 2 doesn’t work, try cycling the USB connection by unplugging the USB header and either re-plugging it back in or using a different USB header.
    4) Some users have reported having faulty USB cables so if you have a spare one around try it. We are aware of this issue and are working with the hardware team to ensure we have quality cables in the future.

If none of the above steps work, please submit a bug report through CAM. Sorry for the inconvenience you guys are facing. I really hope everyone can get their HUE+ working!

83 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had mine for about 2 months now, I unplugged them because I was going to sleep and was rendering something overnight and when I got up and plugged them back in, only 1 turned on. and when I try to change it, none of them turn on, only spectrum cycling works.

Just recently received my NZXT HUE+ today and was keen to get it all set up. I plugged everything in, this includes the 5V end into the HUE+ and the other into the molex, USB 2.0 onto the mobo and the micro USB into the HUE. I connect the cable from the HUE+ to the LED strips and download CAM. Nothing works. I looked everywhere to see if i can find a solution. I went over the basics like making sure everything was powered. The molex was secured tightly as was the 5V plug. USB 2.0 header is secured in as the micro USB. Nothing changed so i reinstalled CAM, still nothing. Tried a different molex and USB header, again, still nothing. Then i came across a post about a mcp2200 driver and whilst in wasn't installed, After correcting the issue and going into CAM, it detected the HUE+ but still no lights flashing at all and asked some friends of mine who also own one. They have no clue either. If you could help me ASAP i would really appreciate it but the last thing i can do is ask for another USB header cable to check that's not the issue.

With the new version I can't find Hue+. To be known, I used to control it in cam, and now it disappear.

• Michael M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was having this problem the other day and none of the solutions here were of any help to me. So I tried figuring out on my own and was successful. This worked for me but there is no telling if it will work for you. You will also need to have CAM already installed.

First in devices and printer I saw MCP2200 USB Serial Port Emulator. Just leave that alone. If you removed it just unplug the hue+ and plug it back in and it should come back.

Next head over to Device Manager. For me there was a section called Ports (COM & LPT). In the drop down the only device I had was USB Serial Device (COM3). Right click it and go to properties.

Go to the Port Setting tab and under Flow control select Hardware. I'm not sure why this made a difference but it did. Do not change any other setting in this tab.

Next go to the driver tab and select update driver.

Next click on browse my computer for driver updates.

Then pick the Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.

On this screen I had 3 options. The currently selected one was USB Serial Port.
        Change it to one that says USB Serial Device then click next.

After that restart your computer and relaunch CAM and it should work.

If it doesn't then I'am sorry because it is what I did and it worked for me.

• Billy Littlefield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 to Zdravko Stoychev's solution below, that worked for me.

1. Search Windows for 'Services'
        2. Find 'Device Install Service' and 'Device Setup Manager'
        3. For each, right click then set startup to 'Automatic'
        4. Apply changes

• Stan Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello everyone. I suffer with your pain as I share your frustration trying to get this garbage to work. What's really confusing is why won't NZXT just tear the device down and rebuild it from the bottom up! The same should be done with CAM. All this would hopefully result in a workable device. ALTERNATIVE: Refund our money! However, we will never be able to recover the wasted time we've spent trying to do NZXT.s job.

• RegretBuyingNZXT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what fixed it for me:

Remove the internal micro USB cable that comes with your Hue+ or Grid+ V2 and replace it with a "normal" micro USB cable (something you would use for your phone for example).

You can either route that cable outside of your case into your motherboard, or use the USB connection of the NZXT Internal USB Hub. Works!

• Zdravko Stoychev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Found solution for me:

Preamble: I had issues when the Hue+ had not been detected in CAM. If I did unplug and plug the USB from motherboard, Hue+ was detected in CAM (needed to restart of the CAM first). So it was really annoying to remove case`s glass panel for just this.

Reading other comments here, I have discovered that there were two Windows services set to Manual start mode - the "Device Install Service", and "Device Setup Manager" services. I set these to "Automatic". Then after PC restart the Hue+ was properly detected in CAM.

Hope this helps!

• Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeh I'm at a loss too. My hue+ was working when I first got it but now the "HUE+" tab won't show up in my CAM program. After I restarted my PC it stopped working. I'm not really sure what to do, I've replaced the cable, USB plug in location, I've reinstalled the software, went into x64 chipset drivers and tried a install and repair and still nothing. If anyone has an idea please let me know. Thanks.

• David Autrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I went to Devices and Printers and removed Asetek USB Device and MCP2200 USB Serial Port Emulator then unpluged the usb from the Hue+ installed the driver through CAM and after a reboot was fine
        Ive done this twice once on install and once after v.3.3.3 update no issue for bout a year after install should be fine this go round
        always wait to update CAM check support often

• Sonny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here I thought I was the only one with the problem.

So here's my case, I got my Kraken x62 working a few days back, with all the RGB goodness and all. But since I updated the damned software yesterday, the HUE+ controller can no longer be found. I've tried switching USB slots, reinstalled drivers etc. but nothing worked. Apparently, the only thing that does work is reinstalling my previous download of the freaking software and not updating it, and I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT EVERY FREAKING DAY!!! I mean come on NZXT, stop publishing updates if it's not gonna work perfectly or at the very least work like the previous version of the software. Gosh!!! I do hope it gets a fix soon though, cause regardless of the crappy software bugs, NZXT still remains to be my best bet in AIO coolers. I just really had to say what's on my mind. Cheers!!!

I have to constantly uninstall & reinstall CAM to get the lighting options back. I am inches away from saying "the hell with it". It's not the crap cable that came with the unit but the terrible software. NZXT continues to pump out new cases & products before completing some actual quality control on what is existing. CAM is what is stopping NZXT from being one of the best in their market.

Right... I had the hue+ for more than 2 months and was working fine. Suddenly it stopped...

To describe the issue first:
        -The light on the hue+ is on
        -The fans have no light in them
        -hue+ doesn't show up in cam

Note! the first time I ran the fans a few months back they didn't light up until I put the cam and restarted the pc.

What I have tried till now:
        -PCI updates (MEI), thats the device manager -> software devices
        -reinstall cam (more than 5 time)
        -changed the usb port
        -tried another usb cable
        -CHECKED THE CONNECTION, seriously, its fine
        - I also tried the \Driver Installation Tool\ but it doesnt seem to want to run on my os, asks me to contact the retailer

If anyone has any other suggestion I am willing to try :)
        Hope someone can solve this problem :/

• Logan Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's how I resolved my issue (after either seeing I couldn't use some of the fixes listed, or other fixes just not working):
        In my device manager, I saw that the PCI Simple Communications Controller had not installed any drivers. Once I manually found and updated the drivers for that, it worked outright for me!

Hope this can help at least one person.

Resolved:

Check in device manager if there is any faulty driver in the USB section.. if you see a warning update the driver and your HUE+ driver will be installed

• Kyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The solution superb mentioned "C:\Program Files (x86)\NZXT\CAM\ChipsetDriver\Driver Installation Tool\x64" worked for me but on windows 10. thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

CAM Bugs

Feedback and Knowledge Base